“A typical pub lunch”

Dining options: Reservations
Manchester
“A typical pub lunch”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Visited this pub numerous times - very good Sunday lunch - reasonable price - plently of parking space - very good service - good atmosphere - would revisit again.

• Visited April 2013

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Nice pub”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I went here for the first time with 2 friends for some food and drinks. The website has loads of information with food and drinks menus to plan your budget. The pub has a lovely decor and good atmosphere; there are at least two wood burning fires however, we sat directly next to one and I was still cold. The toilets need some attention - a lot of the door locks would not lock and the water in the sinks sprays all over you (this is when your hands are nowhere near the tap!). The food menu has a fair selection and is reasonably priced, also I think they do a lot of offers including different themed food nights (e.g. Thursday is curry night) and 2 for £10. We all ate different dishes and enjoyed them however, my portion was on the small side. Service was efficient but lacked any warmth or personal touch. You can pay on card here - even for drinks (so maybe no minimum spend?) - which for me is always a bonus. I'd visit again.

• Visited February 2013
Skipton, United Kingdom
“Third time unlucky”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Today I walked out of the Hare and Hounds saying I would never go back - for the third time. Twice before we have had disasters - one of them a Christmas Day meal, but decided to give them a try again. Today there was one person at a busy bar taking food orders and drink orders, so I waited too long to order lunch. We then waited far too long for the food to arrive. Two of us had stuffed chicken and the vegetables were nearly cold. They were sent back and returned still not hot enough. Then I found pink in my chicken. Apologies were profuse and we got a refund for the two chicken dishes, but this time I will definitely never go back.

• Visited February 2013
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Group Christmas meal a success - good food, good service”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I organised a group Christmas meal here for our Art Society following a visit to Cartwright Hall gallery. The contacts I had through the booking process were always helpful and efficient. From the point at which our group of 19 arrived, the whole experience was a positive one. We were seated in the pleasant conservatory area. The food was served quite promptly, with all the dishes exactly according to our individual choices. All of us enjoyed the meal, and I received nothing but favourable comments. The menu was good value at £9.95 for 2 courses and £12.45 for 3. Car parking was also very easy.

• Visited December 2012
BRADFORD,UK
“xmas dinner!”
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Me and my family booked here for our xmas day dinner,the place was very cold,i did ask staff to turn the heating on twice! to no avail,the food was average,plenty of it but for £40 ahead we were very underwhelmed,the starter was the best dish a prawn cocktail,the main of turkey was dry and the oversized veg and roasts made the plate look a mess,one of us had a steak at £2 extra and it was full of grissle and well overdone,the dessert was a real let down the choc log was cheap looking and came with cream that was off and on a hot plate??no atmosphere at all most likely because we were all freezing! wont be returning....

• Visited December 2012