“Disappointing”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Cleckheaton, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

It's been a while since we went to the Chapel House, we used to go there regularly and we felt it had gone down hill. Decided to give it another chance last week and our opinion hasn't changed, very disappointing, average food, my meal looked like it had just been chucked on the plate. We won't be giving it another chance. It's a shame because it's a lovely pub. I should mention that the waitresses were very pleasant.

• Visited July 2014

Bradford
“A great gastro pub not to be missed.”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Don't class this as pub grub! The food is excellent quality, well presented, and a great choice on the menu.

The fish and chips are a must! Try them, you'll understand.

The food is always cooked fresh and the staff are extremely friendly and courteous.

The bar as a great range of real ales, fine wines and classic Malts, what more do you need.

It has a great atmosphere, the only downside is it gets booked quickly, so you need to book in advance for most evening meals (which is a good sign!)

All in all, I'd probably say it is one of the best pubs for quality food in West Yorkshire, punching way above its weight.

• Visited May 2014
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Perfect Lunch”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

First time here for me hopefully there will be many more.From start to finish service,food,portions,surroundings and price excellent.The whole experience was perfect.thank you

1 Thank Richard D
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We decided to meet our friends at the Chapel House for dinner, we found the service and the food to be of a good quality and very flavoursome.
I can fully recommend this popular pub to the travelling community for its good value and pleasant surroundings.

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Feel a bit cheated!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Passing the end of the road where the Chapel House is I had noticed a sign that said 2 mains for £9.99. So that evening when my partner suggested we go out for our evening meal I racked my brains as to where I had seen the sign, then remembered. As it is isn't too far we headed over there. It was a warm evening and there were loads of people outside but inside it was quieter and the restaurant part was very quiet. We asked if they could accommodate us and they said they could as long as we vacated the table by 8.15pm as they were expecting a large party in - no problem with that.

We perused the menu and the extra parts to it that we were given but there was no mention of 2 mains for £9.99. Damn we were brought in on false hope. As we had already got a drink the only other offer was not really right for us either, a sizzling main and a drink for £9.99.

Now being good Yorkshire folk we like value for money (we are NOT tight-fisted). However we both settled on varieties of burger. Mine was a pulled pork burger and my partner's was the Ultimate burger. They were well dressed burgers but they were just burgers. Mine was £9.49 and his was £10.99 (or thereabouts). Mine was pulled pork in a barbecue sauce on top of a burger, with some lettuce, tomato, raw onion and mayo in a sesame seed bun, accompanied by a cute little bucket full of chips. The chips were tasty but a bit soggy. There was also a small dish of tomato relish. The Ultimate burger was basically two burgers etc (I didn't inspect it to be honest).

The food was tastiest enough but overpriced in my opinion. The service was good especially from the restaurant manager who had seated us in the first place.

1 Thank Helena R