“Just Lovely”
Review of Lister Park

Lister Park
Ranked #10 of 84 things to do in Bradford
Reviewed 26 January 2014

The layout of the park is very simple. There are loads to do and see, my favourite part is the urban gardens. On a sunny day its worth a visit!

There are newer reviews for Lister Park

Reviewed 28 November 2013

had a lovely sunday walk around the park,wonderful gardens, visited the gallery, had a great time and all for free

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Terrible park I hate it, I only like cartright hall it was good I disliked the park but cartright hall was good

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Visited on a Sunday afternoon. Been past many times but never been here. Why did we wait so long? This park has something for everybody and though we were there for a good 2-3 hours I didn't see every thing. The grandkids loved the two play areas, one for pre-school and the other for those older. There is a large boating lake with pedal and rowing boats for hire. Loads of wildfire to feed. A cafe where you can sit outside and look at the lake. The park does appear to be well maintained we saw no litter and and the grass and flower beds all looked smart. In the centre of the park is Cartwright Hall, a magnificent building in its own right but housing a very interesting collection that includes paintings by Hockney and Turner. Adjacent to the art gallery is Mughal Gardens a lovely setting that features cascades and fountains, water being the central theme in this beautiful garden. There were large areas of the park I didn't get to see such as the botanical gardens, sculpture, a waterfall so there's many a reason for a quick return.

1  Thank Redlands67
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This park is so under rated by people. It's one of the best parks I've seen and I've never come across any trouble. It's always relaxing although the swings section gets really packed in Summer and school hols. I've took the kids to the gardens part of the park and there is a little stream there with loads of trees, flowers, it's really enchanting and much more fun even for the kids than the swings if it;'s really busy. We always take a fishing net and fish out pine cones which is equally cool as the swings!