“2 night wowcher stay”
Review of Dubrovnik Hotel

Dubrovnik Hotel
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This hotel looked good from the outside and reception but that`s where it ended. The room we stayed in looked like it had been painted by a child. The windows hadn`t been cleaned since they was put in and the net had mildew all over the bottom. At 6ft 2ins, my feet hung of the end of the bed so not very big beds in length or width. Breakfast was served in a room that had a bad smell of damp which looked like it came from a water leak due to the big hole in the ceiling. The welcome was good and the bar staff gave good advice on where to go.Upon closing our account to leave, we were told that the chip and pin machine did`nt work so my wife had to go looking around for an atm. Also the staff would`nt open the main entrance for my wife to leave , yet as soon as she started her car they opened it ?? Considering this cost £100 for 2 nights I would rather have stayed in a B & B. This hotel is defo a no no for a return visit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank mab6667

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Although this hotel looks good and the rooms are comfortable. The food is another thing. If you are staying as a family or single person or couples then I think the food would be quite good, BUT I was with a coach company and the food was served on cold plates but looked really nice. the veg needed more cooking, there is Al a Dente and raw, ours was raw. Overall the meals we had were passable for such a large group, but if I were to go back it would definitely not be in a group. It didn't appear that they could cope although they do wedding meals. My sister and I bought drinks at the bar and were charged different prices each time, we were there for 2 nights. We queried this and were told that it was the same price no matter who served but I beg to differ. The staff we complained to were not really happy that we complained. I would probably NOT go back to this hotel purely because of the staff's attitude.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We visited this hotel for a champagne afternoon tea. The food was excellent, all fresh and was made to perfection. The staff were attentive and obviously valued all the guests that we're visiting that day.. From the welcome we received at reception until the minute we left nothing was too much trouble.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

What a lucky find. I stayed overnight on a business trip and took a list of local hotels with me to check out on the day. This was the first one I visited and was impressed enough at arrival to book in and not bother seeing any more. The receptionist was very pleasant and helpful as were all the staff I encountered during the stay. The room was clean and nicely appointed so I used the restaurant and found the food to be freshly cooked and well presented. The service could not be faulted and there was a well stocked bar. It was also a lucky choice of nights to stay as there was a small jazz band playing there which certainly made the evening go with a swing. All the guests I talked to, mainly business people remarked at their own good fortune in finding the place. I will certainly return should I be in the area again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Having never been to this part of the Country before we looked on the internet and came across this family run hotel. What a treat, The food and service were excellent would thoroughly recommend a stay here. The staff couldn't do enough for us with their friendly banter and smiles, The surrounding area had so many attractions we couldn't do it all in a weekend. We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2014

What a pleasant surprise! We have stayed in the Shipley/Bradford/Leeds area a number of times over the years visiting family and it was only a random Google search which showed up the surprisingly named 'Dubrovnik Hotel', and for a change and because of a great room rate we thought we will have a change and we are really glad we did.

Dubrovnik is a family run hotel and we were greeted by one of the sons who was very welcoming and very knowledgeable about the area. We enjoyed free parking in the hotel grounds.

Our room was another good surprise somewhat contemporary furnishings blended with what you would hope for including flat screen t.v. tea/coffee making facilities and a good size bathroom with an interesting shower head that worked well although the water could have been warmer in the morning.

Hotel has a good size bar and dining room as well as function room as in conveniently located to the main road arteries around the area. A function room for parties and celebrations was also in evidence.

Breakfast was ample and tasty and we urge you to give this one a go, especially to support a family run business which deserves support!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Penwyllt
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I chose this hotel as it was closest to a venue I was visiting. reception and bar/restaurant staff were extremely helpful. Room was very clean, had what I needed for an overnight stay and was very good value for money. My evening meal was very tasty, freshly prepared and nicely served. Other visitors seemed to be a mix of couples and business travellers. Outside the city centre, though within easy reach by car or bus.

Room Tip: No traffic noise as the hotel is on a side road off the main Shipley to Bradford Road