Clarion Cedar Court Hotel Bradford
US$124
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Ibis Bradford Shipley(Shipley)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$99
US$89
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Bradford Central(Bradford)(Great Value!)
US$47
Travelodge
    1,200 results
    All reviewsleisure facilitiessteam roomgroupon dealevening mealhealth clubbar pricesweekend breakfood was lovelyexcellent value for moneyfollowing morningtea and coffeefull englishmotorwaygemmagymdiscoyorkshire
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 11 August 2012

Good check in, friendly staff and clean rooms with good bathroom.

Ordered from bar menu but were fine with me sitting in restaurant which was quiet compared to the bar / lounge area..

Pool etc looked really clean, rooms have good air con and are quiet despite location being near a busy road..

Good breakfast, fast check out so not much else to say..

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
    4  Thank Stephendon32
    Reviewed 8 August 2012

We booked this hotel due to the leisure club facilities, to chill out and rest. We arrived and noticed on the hotel entrance board that they were 3 wedding that weekend.
    The reception staff was lovely but warned us that the dining room was full, and we would have to eat in the bar. This was fine.

We went to use the leisure facilities which comprised of a very old fashion changing room, a jakuzie which was so full of chlorine,which discoloured my swim wear, and a steam room which was the best thing about the leisure facility.

The restaurant meal was lukewarm and overpriced.

We ended up being kept awake all night by the Wedding guest who wanted to party all night. I ran reception to complain, but it carried on most of the night.

Next morning, feeling very tired and stressed, we could not wait to leave the hotel, but went to breakfast as we had paid for it. On entering the dining room we were told rudely by a member of staff that we had to eat out, away from the dining room (with no explanation). As the member of staff saw my annoyance on my face, she came out to explain that the dining room was full (it wasn't).

By then, we gave up on breakfast, had a word with the receptionist, who was lovely and gave us our breakfast money back, and left this dump of a hotel.

It is evident that the hotel management are there to make as much profit out of weddings, but do not cater or care for any other guests. They are also not enough staff as you queue for ages for your drinks, food, and checking in and out.

If you have any sense and are looking for quality and good service in your stay, do not stay here. It was a waste of money!

Room Tip: Can bit give you any tip, because the hotel is horrendous
    • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
    6  Thank AJCWHull
    Reviewed 7 August 2012

Have just returned from Cedar Court and am outraged at the state of the leisure facilities. Myself and a friend were visiting the hotel for a spa day that we had booked over a month ago. We arrived there to be told there was no longer a spa facility available. We had no contact regarding this prior to us arriving there. We were sent to a nearby salon who had organised the spa treatment, yet when we got there it was closed. We arrived back at the hotel and told we were able to use the leisure facilities including a pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi at an extra cost of £10 each (the refund will apparenrently come from the salon, not the hotel!) which we agreed to do as we had both booked the day off work and didn't want our day to be wasted. However we wish we had not bothered. The changing rooms were in a very sorry state, with only 1 shower working. The jacuzzi was out of order, there was litter in both the steam room and sauna and the whole place was very unclean. We were basically fobbed off and lied to by numerous member of staff. We were sent on a rabbit warren of corridors to get to the leisure centre which were equally grubby and in a serious need of renivation. I would highly recommend avoiding this place at all costs.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
    4  Thank NR123_12
    Reviewed 31 July 2012

Attended a Sex in The City Event held by cedar court hotel with friends and it's a perfect girls night out.
    Waiting at the entrance for you as you arrive are the ever so tasty Butlers in the Buff and yes it means in the BUFF dressed only in a apron and bow tie a treat for any girl.
    Then as you go through to the event there's stalls to suit every shopaholics taste once called for dinner and seated we were served by the very friendly and efficient serving staff who are only too happy to take photos for your group and have a chat real warm Yorkshire welcome as are the bar staff we had cocktails made and I had a Dan man special served by a young gentleman named Dan amazing.
    Well done Cedar Court your staff are amazing and last but by no means least my compliments to James the chef for him and his team making the most amazing three course meal it was Divine can't wait to return to the next event.

• Stayed: July 2012
    3  Thank rachyb34
    Reviewed 31 July 2012

The rooms were mostly clean, the showers strong and the pool was a nice facility to have, however I’m afraid that’s as far as I can go on the positives.

The main issues were the service of the staff and quality of the food. The first night at the hotel I ate in the ‘Bistro,’ it took 20mins between receiving my menu and being asked to order, there was then an HOUR wait until my goats cheese tart arrived. This was greasy and over-cooked, which was a huge shame after waiting so long. This was not a one-off, my next Bistro experience was 3 hours, the starter took 40 minutes to arrive, the Tuna Steak Salad was tasteless and the tuna dry.

We decided a change of approach was needed, and ordered from the Bar menu. From approx 10 meals, 3 were wrong (for rooms, rather than Bar), 2 were cold, and it still took 40 minutes to arrive (for sandwiches and pizzas!). I could go on, suffice to say the room service was of similar quality/speed. I only received one pot of tea in the 4 weeks at Breakfast.

Reception were better, however I often had to return my key to be re-set, and they forgot Wifi passwords on check-in. The Bar was very over-priced (half expected) but the service here was similarly slow. 15 minutes to queue for a coffee one evening, and they regularly ran out of bar necessities.

The décor was outdated and in need of a refresh, the corridors dark. There was often room-service leftovers in the corridors. The Sauna and Steam Room were often closed for repair.

If all you want is a bed for the night, then this is your place. If you’d like anything more, I would avoid.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business