“Great for business trips”

Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
“Great for business trips”
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Room was a nice size with plenty of space to work - with the added bonus of a fast wi-fi and sky television.

Food was very good and is freshly prepared. Gym is adequate although lacked air conditioning which isn't ideal.

Close proximity to city centre and motorway.

Employees are really helpful and polite.

Whilst at the hotel a number of events were held in a separate conference part of the hotel (wedding reception) but didn't have a negative impact on stay.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Torquay, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Overall it's a nice hotel with great facilities including pool and gym but it was let down by awful elevators that stop at the given floor then drop and bang before the doors opening and I was in a busy lift going to the fourth floor and this happenings on every floor up and going down and it's not a pleasant experience and would strongly recommend the lifts need a good service after that I used the stairs but no ideal with suit bag, suit case and laptop and once you have lost confidence in an elevator it's not a place that you want to take chances if it's banging and jumping at each stop

Room Tip: Stayed on the fourth floor and room was fine with everything you need but they don't replenish...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jarrod H
Yorkshire England
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We have stayed at this hotel regularly now for over 10 years and it is easily reached just off the M606. Great Buffet breakfast, nice bar area with outside seating. Disabled parking facilities also some rooms have restricted disabled fittings. But! and a big but NO room has a walk-in shower surely in this modern age this should be a big priority for management. Remember this Hotel is only about 17/18 years old so it should conform with EHRC regulations. Come on Cedar Court my Wife would like a shower on our next visit. Please!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Wisbech, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This review is an amended version of a review I posted earlier this week. I appreciate this is a long review but if you want to read it, please read all of it to get the balance of good and bad!

I write this review using my now vast experience of the Cedar Court Hotel. I have stayed here almost every weeknight

for the past 18 weeks on business and at the end of this week I have decided to try another hotel.

I am generally a very easy going person and I don't make a fuss unless I have to but having now stayed in at least 14 different rooms in this hotel I can honestly say that none of the rooms I have stayed in were issue free either due to cleanliness or broken furniture.

I have also arrived twice to be told my booking had been cancelled.

The food from room service is pretty bad and takes an age to arrive. The big killer here is the lack of consistency

though, I have had some reasonable meals and some inedible ones which I can only assume is an indication of which chef is working that day.

The room key cards regularly stop working.

The lift is a whole new experience! If you have difficulty walking or standing make sure you hold onto something when the lift stops as it judders violently and the first time caught me off-balance and I nearly fell over.

Also if you collect Best Western rewards points be prepared to file a missing points claim as in my 18 weeks here they have not once added my points without chasing them and yes, I gave reception my card on check in and check out.

This week I was given a room that was the worst yet with problems including a cracked sink, non-functioning lamps and a hole in the wall!

I must stress that once word of this reached the general manager I returned to my room one evening to find a personal letter from him offering me another room and also offering me credit on my account to spend on drinks or food.

All problems aside I must stress that the reception staff have always been as helpful as they can and seem genuinely embarrassed by the issues. In particular Matthew and Emma are fantastic and serve as a wonderful advertisement of the potential this hotel has. Upon arrival Matthew is always very friendly and ALWAYS remembers my name and Emma is cheery, helpful and has a smile that just brightens up your day!

Upon receipt of the letter mentioned above, I can also conclude that the management do care about their guests.

Having had a conversation with the manager via email it also does appear that money is now being spent on improvements to the hotel (including a food and beverage manager) and I do appreciate that re-fits and the like don't all happen overnight.

I honestly believe this hotel has the potential to be a great venue so long as they keep spending money on it to update the rooms and preferably also the key card system and lifts. If this is done and the quality of the food is improved they will be on to a winner!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul E
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I have stayed at the Cedar Court Bradford hotel on many occasions, and can honestly say that the staff are excellent. They are hardworking & extremely welcoming & attentive, and nothing seems to be too much trouble.
The rooms are clean & tidy and the beds are very comfortable, and the breakfast is everything you could possibly want.
The health club facilities are excellent and i have enjoyed using them on many previous visits.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone whether it was for business or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Just had a 2 day weekend break and have a few observations. This is a hotel and conference centre so be prepared to share the hotel with a wedding or two, a birthday party and a few coach tours. Personally speaking we had no noise from the celebrations however the hotel cannot be held responsible for the inconsiderate guests who slam doors, talk whilst walking down the corridors late at night and have the TV loud at all times of the day and night. The restaurant served food of a very high quality and the general staff are very friendly and helpful.

Lets start at the beginning:
The hotel is on the outskirts of Bradford and easy to get to off the M62 as well as getting to Leeds and the outlying shopping malls. parking is easy and plentiful with a covered entrance if it is raining.
We booked in at 3pm which is the earliest you can officially book in. We booked through a 3rd party on a dinner bed and breakfast deal which was the same as the normal bed and breakfast rate you get booking with the hotel. The receptionist was friendly enough and when I queried the rates he quoted he quickly checked, apologised and confirmed the rate we had booked. We were given a room on the 3rd floor overlooking the garden and function room terrace.
The room was clean, big enough with a bath/shower, tea and coffee facilities but no fridge. The TV was on the blink but only because ariel cord was not plugged in correctly (Freeview only). The bed was king size but a tad soft for me. Ample hanging space with an iron and board, towels, chair and desk plus an additional chair and table. We had to ask for wi-fi vouchers as you need them to access the internet however we got 3 as you need to resubmit each 24 hour period.
We had booked a table in the hotel restaurant for 7 and decided to have a drink in the lounge area. The bar was well stocked and the staff friendly and efficient - costs were average. You can also have a hot drink if you want. There is a raised seating area with several tables and chairs and settees. Others on the floor level as well. When we went to the restaurant it was in an area in the reception hall but partitioned off for a bit of privacy. The waitress (Hayley) was very welcoming and explained that as we were on a DBB deal we were entitled to a 2 course meal from the menu. After we ordered she brought us a small dish to sample whilst we waited. The starters were beautiful as was the main course. The waitress checking that all was OK after we had been eating for a short while. Other diners came in and were served in the same professional manner spoilt only by a manager determined to tell her off for some reason in front of us all which I felt was very unprofessional and I wondered if he was trying to assert his authority - if he was he sadly failed, that waitress was a credit to the hotel and showed maturity for her young age.
We had a good sleep spoilt only by other guests arriving and holding loud conversations in the corridor or letting the doors slam shut which was very discourteous. Breakfast at weekend starts at 8am (not 7 or earlier as during the week) but due to the number of guests we had trouble finding somewhere to sit that had been set. Having said that we had the place to ourselves after 10 minutes as everyone got up and left - must have been a coach party. The food consisted of a large choice of cereals, fruit and yoghurt, croissants and other pastries, toast as well as a cooked breakfast buffet style. The food was good however beans and scrambled eggs should be served with a holy spoon as they were watery.
We visited Leeds till early afternoon and decided to come back for a swim. The pool receptionist told us what to do and the changing room were passable but again let down by lazy guests not putting towels in the towel bins provided. The pool was warm and we also spent some time in the jaccuzzi.
That evening we again dined in the restaurant however it was next to the breakfast room which had been transformed into a party room. This was not a problem for us however the music was loud and put an elderly couple off. The hotel had 2 weddings, a 21st and another function on as well however the food on Saturday night was even better. I thoroughly recommend the restaurant it is well worth the money.
We had no noise at all from all the functions and the guests were a bit quiter as well.
We timed breakfast well as we had plenty of set places to sit the following morning and enjoyed a full cooked breakfast again.
The only downside was when my wife spotted an asian gentleman spitting on the carpet whilst his family were checking out. This is totally unacceptable so if you were that family (at 9:30 ) then shame on you.
Checking out for us was fast and friendly and the bill was spot on.
Was it a 4 star hotel............
TV service needs to have more than Freeview, it needs guest services and bill details
The bathrooms need handles to get out of the bath and be brighter when refurbished
Bar area needs SKY playing all the time - news is acceptable with subtitles
Car Park needs better security - a barrier perhaps
Some Management need to improve their people skills for guests to tidy up after themselves
Use brighter light bulbs in public areas and better lighting control in the bedrooms
The staff are great but need a little more organising at busy times
Correct utensils need to be used for serving and there should be more tables for 2 or 4
More use of feedback forms for more than just the coach parties
............
Would I visit again - we certainly will

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
scotland
Reviewed 11 September 2013

just wasted 2 days of business travel in Bradford after staying at the Cedar Court. The hotel itself is of good quality, staff very friendly and helpful and food of a high standard. However my car was broken into on the first evening. Passenger window smashed and the fixed Sat Nav Stolen. my car was therefore un drivable for 24 hours until the window was replaced The hotel car park lighting is only 25% functional, the CCTV only covers 2 rows of the car park ( this was confirmed by the staff) and they have break ins on a regular basis.. I can no longer afford the time nor expense to return to this hotel on future visits to this area. So if you value your car, please check if measures have been taken to overcome this problem .

Room Tip: rooms to the rear will have less road noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business