“Excellent hotel for business or leisure”

Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This hotel is in an ideal location for central Bradford, without actually being in the city centre. Free parking, free quality wifi, well trained staff and comfortable rooms. Bar area is not exactly cosy but welcoming and large.
Plus, swimming pool and gym too - unusual for hotel at this price point
Tip: I like the ground floor 'garden' rooms.
I also had an excellent meal in the Brasserie restaurant. Best to book - this is not a sales ploy by check-in staff. It really does get busy and is not that big.

Room Tip: Tip: I like the ground floor 'garden' rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,158)

Reviewed 9 October 2013

This hotel is never going to be great for couples or families but for business it could be great i.e. top of the M606 just 3 miles from the M62!

We have used this place twice in the last month...each time they didn't have the room set up for our 50 delegates... each time the Tea/Coffee station has not been working 100 % ie ran out of tea or milk or napkins or mugs etc...

For a simple bit of staff training at all levels this place could be really functional...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ExplorerIIYorkshire
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed at hotel for nearly 3 weeks and enjoyed every moment. Our room was kept spotlessly clean, the buffet breakfast was excellent and the staff were so efficient and they were always enquiring as to how we were going on. There are so many of them to thank but I would like to make a special mention to Sarah, Emma and Melissa and to say thank you to all the staff who were so friendly.

I would also like to say a special thank you to Sean the General Manager who has a wonderful team working for him and we would definitely stay at his well run hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Room was a nice size with plenty of space to work - with the added bonus of a fast wi-fi and sky television.

Food was very good and is freshly prepared. Gym is adequate although lacked air conditioning which isn't ideal.

Close proximity to city centre and motorway.

Employees are really helpful and polite.

Whilst at the hotel a number of events were held in a separate conference part of the hotel (wedding reception) but didn't have a negative impact on stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Overall it's a nice hotel with great facilities including pool and gym but it was let down by awful elevators that stop at the given floor then drop and bang before the doors opening and I was in a busy lift going to the fourth floor and this happenings on every floor up and going down and it's not a pleasant experience and would strongly recommend the lifts need a good service after that I used the stairs but no ideal with suit bag, suit case and laptop and once you have lost confidence in an elevator it's not a place that you want to take chances if it's banging and jumping at each stop

Room Tip: Stayed on the fourth floor and room was fine with everything you need but they don't replenish...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jarrod H
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We have stayed at this hotel regularly now for over 10 years and it is easily reached just off the M606. Great Buffet breakfast, nice bar area with outside seating. Disabled parking facilities also some rooms have restricted disabled fittings. But! and a big but NO room has a walk-in shower surely in this modern age this should be a big priority for management. Remember this Hotel is only about 17/18 years old so it should conform with EHRC regulations. Come on Cedar Court my Wife would like a shower on our next visit. Please!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This review is an amended version of a review I posted earlier this week. I appreciate this is a long review but if you want to read it, please read all of it to get the balance of good and bad!

I write this review using my now vast experience of the Cedar Court Hotel. I have stayed here almost every weeknight

for the past 18 weeks on business and at the end of this week I have decided to try another hotel.

I am generally a very easy going person and I don't make a fuss unless I have to but having now stayed in at least 14 different rooms in this hotel I can honestly say that none of the rooms I have stayed in were issue free either due to cleanliness or broken furniture.

I have also arrived twice to be told my booking had been cancelled.

The food from room service is pretty bad and takes an age to arrive. The big killer here is the lack of consistency

though, I have had some reasonable meals and some inedible ones which I can only assume is an indication of which chef is working that day.

The room key cards regularly stop working.

The lift is a whole new experience! If you have difficulty walking or standing make sure you hold onto something when the lift stops as it judders violently and the first time caught me off-balance and I nearly fell over.

Also if you collect Best Western rewards points be prepared to file a missing points claim as in my 18 weeks here they have not once added my points without chasing them and yes, I gave reception my card on check in and check out.

This week I was given a room that was the worst yet with problems including a cracked sink, non-functioning lamps and a hole in the wall!

I must stress that once word of this reached the general manager I returned to my room one evening to find a personal letter from him offering me another room and also offering me credit on my account to spend on drinks or food.

All problems aside I must stress that the reception staff have always been as helpful as they can and seem genuinely embarrassed by the issues. In particular Matthew and Emma are fantastic and serve as a wonderful advertisement of the potential this hotel has. Upon arrival Matthew is always very friendly and ALWAYS remembers my name and Emma is cheery, helpful and has a smile that just brightens up your day!

Upon receipt of the letter mentioned above, I can also conclude that the management do care about their guests.

Having had a conversation with the manager via email it also does appear that money is now being spent on improvements to the hotel (including a food and beverage manager) and I do appreciate that re-fits and the like don't all happen overnight.

I honestly believe this hotel has the potential to be a great venue so long as they keep spending money on it to update the rooms and preferably also the key card system and lifts. If this is done and the quality of the food is improved they will be on to a winner!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business