“My Worst Best Western Experience”

Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel
Ranked #19 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Andover, United Kingdom
“My Worst Best Western Experience”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my wife on 21st February 2014. When we arrived we checked the room to make sure all was ok. Whilst looking for the hairdryer we checked the drawers and found in one drawer a half-eaten chocolate bar and an old cake. We also noticed that the bin in our bathroom had not been emptied. I brought this to the attention of what I think was the Duty Manager. He offered us another room however I informed him that my daughter was next door to us and would prefer to stay. He said he would arrange for our room to be serviced. The room was serviced and the two areas of concern which were brought to his attention were rectified. However, the person servicing the room failed to remove the ironing board which had been dumped in there or the fact that there was no bin other than the small one in the bathroom. When I went to use the hand towel I noticed that this was heavily stained.
When we checked out in the morning the lady in reception was not too sure of how to print a receipt. She asked for my email address and said she would forward this to us. It is now 5 days since this promise was made and I have still not received my receipt.
Also, I am a Best Western Reward Member and despite paying for two nights only received the points for one night.
As stated above I am a Diamond Elite Best Western Rewards member and have stayed at many Best Western Hotels and in my experience this has been the worst ever.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jim L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed Saturday 22nd february, we found this hotel to be excellent value for money, bar prices a little up on pub prices but still reasonable. Great rooms, everything we needed for a short stay. Best of all the staff were very friendly, breakfast was great as well. Special thanks to Sarah on reception, you were so friendly and welcoming, your management should be very proud of you. Diane & Dave Hayes

Leeds/Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Excellent room, use of all facilities included in the price. Very clean and the staff were very helpful. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Just of the motorway so good for travel to airport. Only downside is that there is not alot going on around it. But would definately stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a wedding and the hotel grounds and the inside are absolutely stunning. It really was an idyllic venue for a princess wedding. Extremely friendly staff and clean rooms. Our bedroom was spacious, clean and the supplies in the room were plentiful and of a high quality. Only fault, and a minor one it is, was the food, basic and plain but fit for purpose.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My partner and I stay in hotels every weekend in different locations for leisure, we use sites with offers on (trivago and last minute etc) and filter by hotels with both wifi and leisure facilities.

Cedar Court Bradford often pops up at £38 a night which seems like a fair deal, we have now stayed there three times with last night being possibly the last based on the experience. The hotel was busy and we only booked an hour before checking in so our details had not yet reached the hotel - the receptionist was a nice lady and made the process quick and easy and gave us information about the restaurant.

While checking in she explained to us that there were three functions on that night so we could only have a twin room (not an issue - we knew this when we booked) and that she would put us as far away from the noise as possible. We were put on the 4th floor. Room 410.

The room was ok although the decor seemed a little outdated Nd for some reason in these rooms they seem to put the tv in the middle of nowhere with no direct line of vision from either bed just stuck randomly on the walls (in every room we have stayed in) we also seemed to have 2 hair dryers and 2 kettles - they had put new in but not got rid of the old. Strange.

We like to swim and use the jacuzzi - these facilities were open until 8:00pm on a Saturday night. Sadly like the first time we stayed there seemed to be a large group of local men who just go in to use the facilities they were huddled in the jacuzzi, then in the pool, then the sauna, then the steam room. As a woman in a swimsuit this made me feel very awkward about coming out of the changing room especially as when I did so one man shouted to a group of men in a foreign language and they crowded in the corner of the pool staring at me - they also like to climb in the jacuzzi and get uncomfortably close. The facilities are actually quite good although the pool was running cooler than normal we were told and for some reason the jacuzzi this time seemed to have been overdone with the chlorine - my eyes burned. My partners eyes burned. The couple opposite us had bloodshot eyes. Today we still stink of it despite a shower and a bath each and my back had a red rash on and my skin itches

The room was loud due to the functions on the terrace opposite, this wasn't an issue as we were tired so slept. The beds were comfortable and the shower is lovely with shampoo, shower gel etc all provided.

In summary I think the hotel is a little outdated and has only been partly done up where necessary, the facilities have the potential to be great if it wasn't for the undesirable inhabitants that were there each time, but the staff are friendly and the bar is ok. I wouldn't stay here again if I knew there was a function on or I wanted to use the leisure facilities.

1 Thank littlepoppy