“A very business like Hotel”

Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel
Ranked #18 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“A very business like Hotel”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

A large modern purpose built hotel located in the outskirts of Bradford . Ideal for business and leisure . We arrived whilst a wedding reception for more than 500 guests was taking place and whilst the public areas were incredibly busy we were booked in very efficiently and pleasantly . We spent 5 nights during this stay and whilst there were a number of minor issues , they were resolved satisfactorily .

Room Tip: Discuss your requirements with reception they are very knowledgable and helpful
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gavin P
G M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for the feedback. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Whilst on a recent business trip I decided to try Cedar Court, instead of one of the city centre offerings (which would have been more convenient), mainly due to the availability of a spa and gym at Cedar Court. Though I have to say I was left very underwhelmed by the facilities. The entire leisure facility needs an overhaul, it is tired and in some areas unclean and I certainly didn't feel relaxed by the experience. The food and bar prices (admittedly I didn't eat in the restaurant) are also extremely high, even by hotel standards and the bar menu options were pretty limited too, as was the choice of ale (zero), which in West Yorkshire is real shame. I have to say the staff were extremely friendly and the room was pleasant, clean and spacious. I had a decent enough experience, just wouldn't make the special trip for the spa or eat there again, but with so many nice places to eat locally you don't need to eat in!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
G M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for the feedback, your comments will be passed to our Maintenance and Operations teams. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Bradford hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband had our wedding at this hotel and was very disappointed with it. We put a complaint in and was offered a free 3 course meal with our children. We were not happy with the food we received when we went. My husband and one of my children had a stake which was served with chips only 5 I might add which was ridiculous.

We did not even receive a complementary drink or an apology for what we had experienced on our wedding day. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
G M, Operations Manager at Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
I am very disappointed you did not enjoy your meal. Please contact our operations manager at your earliest convenience to arrange a round of free drinks.
West Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed there last month and whilst the location and the hotel are great...the atmosphere was diabolical! The place was so disorganised, I even heard and saw staff arguing amongst themselves in front of me. The GM even walked past them (as well as a bar of empty glasses and tables full of used napkins and plates) and didn't even bat an eyelid and ignored them!

The morale at this hotel seems very low, and I can see why! All the managers (including the GM) were strutting around but had no time for their staff or guests! I asked at reception if I could talk to a manager and they told me that none were available! Why??

Its a shame really as this used to be a lovely, welcoming hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Johncenawwe
G M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thanks for the feed back.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Went to a friend's wedding there, was a very nice location, well set up and staff were all friendly and on-hand - couldn't do enough for us. Could not fault the food, it was delicious. Generally a great time had by all, my main issue was with the GM - he was SO rude to his staff. It was shocking, it was not only myself and my husband that noticed it but a large number of my friends too - all agreed that he needs to show some respect to his staff. Spoke to them like they were dirt, talked to them as if they were incapable of doing their job (which given the exemplary service we received, this was most certainly not the case). Was also quite rude and offhand to guests as well. Have seen other people having similar experiences on trip advisor too, which to me shows that he's not so much a General Manager, more General-ly Rude.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
9 Thank 723lozsmith
Thanks comments noted and taken on board.
bradford
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Booked our wedding here thinking it was good value for money however it is not. The staff are rude inc managers when we had a complaint. Rooms were not clean. And for a hotel that do a lot of weddings they dont know how to keep guests happy. Empty glasses everywhere but they collect plates full of food. The price is good however u get what you pay for (staff that dont care and unhappy guests)

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank mrs_kirsty_walls
Thank you as mentioned at meeting this really is not a true reflection.