“Worth a try”

Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Firstly I would like to explain my rating .I have rated the hotel a 4 which is very good but to be fair it was more a 3.5 which I would say was good .Better than average for sure .
We had a weekend break booked which included breakfast and 1 evening mail, the value was great but for us breakfast let the hotel down ! Hence my 3.5 .

We arrived Friday to what on first impressions seemed a rather quiet (boring) hotel and then it started....The most fabulous pre wedding party I have ever heard .
It was fabulous to hear such wonderful Asian style music and I was extremely jealous not to be part of what looked like a really fab party .
The hotel had kindly phoned us to pre warn us the hotel would be noisy due to wedding celebrations but we did not mind a jot !!!

Our room was clean and tidy a bit mute in decoration but totally acceptable in the price range .
Hotel staff were accommodating to our needs when we had a few extra guests and I cant really fault them whatsoever .

As previously hinted my only bugbear was the breakfast .
There was a good selection of cold continental items but the cooked breakfast was in my opinion very uninviting .
The hotel promises a great Yorkshire breakfast and sadly it did not deliver .
We were faced with masses of what looked like under cooked bacon (pale ,fatty and covered in white matter).
Anaemic looking sausages , snotty oil laden fried eggs and not a hint of the promised black pudding which I even asked for , but had no response to my request.
Its my opinion only but I expect more in terms of presentation and quality, especially when the hotel is covered in posters advertising what looks like a lovely breakfast.
The first morning we thought it may just have been a one off but sadly sundays offering were paler , fattier and most defiantly worse .Toast therefore was my go to item .
Thankfully our evening meal which was included was far better and we had no quibbles whatsoever .
All in all a nice hotel, good facilities, attentive staff and good value .I would just opt out of brekki

Thanks for a good stay we may just come back and check to see if the brekki has improved :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank katone1
G M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Thank you for the feedback. I am very sorry for the breakfast experience, will address your comment to the kitchen. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel

Reviewed 25 August 2014

we got a package deal which included a free bottle of wine , and a free evening meal and breakfast which was very good , rooms were o k swiming pool and spa are great and free the staff gillian and jo on reception went out of there way to help us thank you we will be staying there again soon

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
G M, General Manager at Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for the feedback. We are delighted you enjoyed staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Lovely hotel. Ample parking easy access to and from motorway and from city centre. Rooms are very nice, very clean not much choice on the tv channels but that's just nit picking. I will definitely stay here again. The drinks are standard hotel price a bit more than the local pub. The food is nice again slightly dear but it's a hotel. I didn't have breakfast but it was quoted at £10 to be honest that's pricy for breakfast even at a hotel. But it could be huge and amazing so it might be value for money but I don't it. Nice place to stay and I will recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the feedback. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Lovely comfortable hotel and amazing staff. We stayed from Thursday 21st to Saturday 23rd of August. Everyone was so helpful, especially the desk staff. Jo could not do enough. She gave us advice about the location of indian restaurants when we said that was our eating out preference. A lovely young man who was on the desk on the Saturday gave us very clear directions to the restaurant. The rooms are very comfortable and a good size, and everything you need including biscuits and bottled water.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the feedback. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

arrived at 3am after flying into nearby airport.
There were discarded sheets of newspaper on floor at entrance of hotel along with lots cigarette ends quite a few loud guests with choice language still in reception area on our arrival.
Receptionist and his assistant discussed between themselves if the child's bed had been made up, despite it being booked as a family room for three!
I asked if tea/coffee was provided in room, he said "it should be" surely he should know if it was or not? But did say to ring down if needed anything.
On entering room, tea cups were dirty and it being 3am didn't want to wait for reception to get clean ones so had to wash them, and coffee tray was dirty.
back of bathroom door was covered in toothpaste splashes, finger prints in mirror, small hole in bedcover and cigarette burn in net curtain even though room says no smoking.
Double bed was very firm, although duvet cover and pillow were soft and warm as was child's bed.

Breakfast next morning left a lot to be desired, we were greeted by staff member who took our room no' and said to find table and help ourselves to breakfast, fruit, cereals and hot food. Got a table and went to get food, very slow in replenishing hot food, sausages and fried eggs waited ages, then realised no cutlery on table or at food tables so had to wait for some. waited ages to be asked if we wanted tea or coffee. Asked for glass of blackcurrant cordial for child who didn't want orange or apple juice, was told yes by one member staff, the told had to pay 60p by another! Did receive some in end. It was a busy breakfast time, but they know how many guests they have staying and felt they should have been better prepared.
Used the pool after breakfast had to accompany children under 16, another guest took my towel I left on a chair!
Had asked on booking if we could have lunch as we had missed the dinner part of the dinner, B&B booking, no one replied even though we we didn't think we were allowed it was worth asking.
The receptionist apologised on our way out as we told her of our concerns, but made no offer of recompense or otherwise.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for the feedback, it will be passed to reception, housekeeping and breakfast teams. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconveniences during your stay. if I could be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

A large modern purpose built hotel located in the outskirts of Bradford . Ideal for business and leisure . We arrived whilst a wedding reception for more than 500 guests was taking place and whilst the public areas were incredibly busy we were booked in very efficiently and pleasantly . We spent 5 nights during this stay and whilst there were a number of minor issues , they were resolved satisfactorily .

Room Tip: Discuss your requirements with reception they are very knowledgable and helpful
1  Thank Gavin P
G M, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Whilst on a recent business trip I decided to try Cedar Court, instead of one of the city centre offerings (which would have been more convenient), mainly due to the availability of a spa and gym at Cedar Court. Though I have to say I was left very underwhelmed by the facilities. The entire leisure facility needs an overhaul, it is tired and in some areas unclean and I certainly didn't feel relaxed by the experience. The food and bar prices (admittedly I didn't eat in the restaurant) are also extremely high, even by hotel standards and the bar menu options were pretty limited too, as was the choice of ale (zero), which in West Yorkshire is real shame. I have to say the staff were extremely friendly and the room was pleasant, clean and spacious. I had a decent enough experience, just wouldn't make the special trip for the spa or eat there again, but with so many nice places to eat locally you don't need to eat in!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for the feedback, your comments will be passed to our Maintenance and Operations teams. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.