“Very enjoyable evening”
Review of Alhambra Theatre

Alhambra Theatre
Ranked #2 of 91 things to do in Bradford
More attraction details
Owner description: The Alhambra Theatre is regarded as the North's premier touring venue and hosts the best in large scale entertainment from ballet and opera to variety and comedy, musicals, drama and Yorkshire's biggest panto.The venue seats 1,400 people and is a popular choice for major touring companies including Northern Ballet Theatre, Matthew Bourne's New Adventures and David Ian Productions (Chicago, Grease, The Sound of Music). It has staged major West End shows including Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and Miss Saigon. It is a member of The Dance Consortium, a group of theatres who work together to bring the best in international dance to the UK.The Alhambra also offers a unique and unrivalled setting for meetings, events, corporate hospitality and conferences in Bradford.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My first time at the Alhambra and have to say I was impressed. Stunning inside the theatre and just the right size for the audience to feel involved. Food and drinks were reasonably priced and my only slight criticism was that leg room is limited for people such as myself (6'3" tall) Parking is a short distance away and you can get a discount voucher for parking. We saw The Play That Goes Wrong which was perhaps the funniest thing I have seen in my life !!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,052)
All reviews
in 11 reviews
"box office"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was certainly a very memorable pre-theatre meal!

Booked well in advance and were delighted with our window table to celebrate our special evening. Arrived at 5.15pm, the restaurant already busy but the pace of the meal was perfectly timed and we felt unrushed and able to enjoy a leisurely meal. Aperitifs to start while we chose from a seasonal menu with about six choices for each course.

The food was delicious and elegantly served. Exquisite actually…however there is a BUT…

My seabass was served with Blue Potato. Not an unusual variety of natural potato but a completely Turquoise mound of food colouring. I was so astonished and in fact other diners at our table found it even more off-putting than me. There was no doubting it tasted absolutely delicious but I really wanted to know WHY?? Was it the colours of the local football team?

The waitress returned with the answer to my question to let me know the chef said it was Food Colouring. Surprising that a menu that stipulates ingredients in detail had no mention of the vast use of food colouring!

At the end of the course, the restaurant manager discreetly checked with me if everything was alright. He explained that the Chef had designed the dish ‘to reflect the changing lights outside in Bradford Square’.

I was really pleased that the Restaurant Manager appreciated the situation so accurately. And that I was not complaining about the food but more that our enjoyment of the meal had definitely been affected by the appearance of the dish.

We will definitely return to the 1914 Restaurant. Next time, I may check with more questions when making my choice. Chef, the food was wonderful – please don’t spoil it with a gimmick!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

As always the production was good .....the building is actually allways me favourite part of the visit

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We recently had s fantastic night at the Alhambra theatre seeing the Jersey boys. Love the Alhambra it's a theatre Definately worth a visit.