“Prehistoric”

Add it.
Richard Dunn Sports Centre
Ranked #41 of 87 things to do in Bradford
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The second worse aquatic experience of my life second to the time I fell in canal,both as dirty and equally as cold.
.The life guards couldn't control the many nationalities that were miss behaving and causing bedlam,zero activities to do for a 2 year old other than beat hyperthermia

7  Thank kristian-hotte

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I take the kids every other week to swim.

Im not much of a swimmer, there is an area to sit and watch them swim. Which is good as I have a small baby. There is a cafe and vending machines for snacks bur they not value for money.

My son loves it and its convenient as its closer to home. We use to come a lot but since my husband joined the local gym we joined our son there for swimming lessons.

Overall its a good place, could be better facilities but the kids enjoy it which is more important.

4  Thank Ashi14
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We decided to take my 2 year old to a different pool as we normally go to Shipley but as it was bank holiday it wasn't open so we decided on Richard Dunns. Both my husband and I haven't been there for many years so really didn't know what to expect, especially now they have the jungle theme.
Firstly I was surprised to see that they still have separate male and female changing rooms. The changing rooms were cold and dingy. The hubby took our little boy and said that his changing rooms were the same. The pool area was also cold and draughty, not good for a 2 year old!. Getting into the pool you go through the shallow end which is meant for young children so no ideal really as you constantly have people treading through. The children's little pool area wasn't open due to staff shortage and we didn't stay long at all. My little boy was shivering like mad. We spoke to the manager who confirmed that they were trialling the air conditioning as its supposed to be 1 degree above the pool temp but it was in-fact 5 degrees below!. We got a refund and didn't enjoy our experience at all. I wouldn't go again.

3  Thank Gemma H
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I took my son (8 months old) to the aqua tots swimming session this morning. First time taking him swimming. There is a drop in session between 9.30am and 11.30am on Wednesdays. Cost is £4.50 for the adult, baby is free. Reception staff friendly and helpful. They will look after your pushchair at reception if you don't want to take it down to the changing rooms. As I wanted to keep my son in the pushchair while I got changed etc, I was directed down a ramp to the pool side and was allowed to take the pushchair through with us. Lots of single changing cubicles and lockers available, and a baby changing area with several changing tables and a cot/pen. The baby changing area is communal, therefore was a little awkward when I wanted to change in private. Ended up changing in a single cubicle with the door open which was better than nothing. Changing rooms are warm and clean (was very quiet while we were there though). Pool clean and also warm.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I recently visited the swimming and it was freezing. I know that it can be cold at first but it never warmed up. I thought it was supposed to be an enjoyable experience and to top it all a snake kept firing cold water in the air which made it worse. Myself and Friend are seriously cancelling our membership. What about the babies and young children shouldn't it be a certain temperature?

3  Thank Beverley R