“Clean, lovely staff, good breakfast.”

Premier Inn Bradford Central Hotel
Ranked #1 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We visit Bradford once a year and this year opted to stay in the Premier Inn, taking advantage of the £29/double room rate you get if you book online in advance. Breakfast is then £8.25 on top of that, which still makes it a very good deal indeed. We stayed for three nights.

The staff here are very friendly and helpful. Checking in was quick and when we got to the room it was immaculately clean. I'm the kind of guest who actively seeks out dust or any evidence of shortcuts being taken with the cleaning and I found absolutely nothing of concern.

Breakfast is an all-you-can-eat buffet with a good selection of hot and cold items and Costa coffee. Everything was very nice and well-cooked. It's available from 0700 until 1130, which is wonderful if you've staggered in late the night before.

You get half an hour free Wifi a day, more than enough for me as we were out and about most of the time.

The station is in the town centre but there didn't seem to be any noise issues.

My quibbles with the this place which cause me to rate it as 4 rather than giving full marks aren't really specific to this hotel. They are common in modern hotel chains, like I hate not being able to open the window. Even being able to open it a health-and-safety conscious crack would have made a difference. I like to have a bit of fresh air - being sealed into a air conditioned box isn't comfortable for me. I didn't get a good night's sleep as found the bed quite hard and have come home with a crick in my neck and an aching back.

If you're looking for a centrally placed Bradford hotel within a few minutes walk of the city centre there's plenty to choose from. If you want to ensure you get a substantial, tasty breakfast and friendly service at a very decent price then you may find the Premier Inn is the one to choose.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DollyRotten
Simon M, General Manager at Premier Inn Bradford Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2012

Dear DollyRotton, thank you for your very kind and comprehensive review and I am so pleased to read that you found the hotel to be immaculatly clean, with lovely staff and serving a good breakfast, and you could find absolulty nothing of any concern, even though you tried to !!! Within Premier Inn we have decided to fully restrict our windows in tall buildings such as ours, 9 floors as "some" guests either lean out of open windows and fall, or actually jump out! If the window was open slightly I suspect "some" guests would try and force the window to open further! I am saddend to read your comment re the mattress,as all our mattresses are less than 9 months old, are turned quartely and are of the highest quality- Hypnos, and a choice of soft or medium fogarty pillows. I do hope these one or two incidents will not deter from staying with us again or indeed one of our other 640 hotels.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Having graduated from Bradford Uni in 2011 my summer birthday was a perfect excuse for a reunion! Needless to say I had no intention of having a heavy night and then attempting to get home so my boyfriend and I decided to stay in the Premier Inn.

After only paying £29 for a double room for a Saturday night I must admit I wasn't expecting much from the hotel but how wrong i was!!

From the second we stepped foot in the hotel we were greeted by lovely friendly staff, who told us that, although arriving a little early, our room was ready and my boyfriend was directed to a nearby carpark.

The room was fantastic, lovely and clean and the bed was really comfortable, just what we needed after a night out (although i did have to be literally pulled out in the morning). Bathroom was clean and plenty of towels were provided for the 2 of us.

We had a few drinks in the bar where the staff were very chatty and very easy to get on with.

All in all a 100% review, I totally stand corrected on my expectations!

Thank you, i'll be back!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Simon M, General Manager at Premier Inn Bradford Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear Arch-Charlie, thank you for your 100% review.So pleased to read that even though you arrived early we could allocate you a bedroom straight away, which you found fantastic, lovely and clean. Our £29 offers are indeed great value for the product and service you receive. We do try and exceed all our guests expectations. Lets hope you can find another excuse to vist us again soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

very very poor service, lots of noise ,staff not helpful ,not enough knowledge of system ....i never ever stay again in these hotel.also price is too much compare to other hotel ,no free breakfast,no free WIFI .staff not help ful .just only hotel new buildup

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank mukesh p
Whitbread-77, Steven Hicks, Social Media at Premier Inn Bradford Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel.

At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but please be assured that we take all feedback seriously and on the receipt of your details, the issues raised will be fully investigated.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2012 via mobile

I am staying in Bradford regularly for a current contract with a client based in the area. I used to stay at the thornbury travelodge which is worlds apart and in need of serious TLC. Thankfully the premier inn opened this central Bradford hotel which has been a lifesaver. It so nice to have a decent nights sleep in a really comfortable bed. The showers are really powerful and the bathrooms are spotless. They always have plenty of good irons and boards available. The staff could not be more friendly and helpful. I truly feel comfortable as a single female business traveller staying here. The food could have more healthy options but other than that tiny criticism this is excellent value. I have done an informal straw poll with colleagues who have stayed in many other Bradford hotels and this comes out top. It's not luxury but you'll get few places that are in this area!

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Bimp, thank you for your very kind review. I am so pleased to read that we cater for you in all aspects of the hotel. As a long staying guest we can try and adapt our menus to suit your healthier eating style.Please do not hesitate to ask next time. Please tell all your business collegues to come and stay with us and experience our great value hotel. We really appreciate your comment re feeling safe as a lone female traveller. Once again thank you and I hope to meet you personally on your next visit if I have not already done so.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I was astonished to find just how good this hotel was. Expecting the usual bland corporate hotel-chain experience, I instead received a most solicitous welcome with insistance that I report any problem with noise, etc. And my room was far nicer and more characterful than I expected, with temperature easily adjustable (I usually find this impossibly difficult!). Given the great rate I got for my early reservation and the hotel's central location, I won't be looking for anywhere else to stay on my next visit to Bradford.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank IanCLondon
Simon M, General Manager at Premier Inn Bradford Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Dear IanCLondon, thank you for your very kind review "Look no further for accomodation in Bradford" I am so pleased to read that the team looked after you so well, and you found that you could work our air condtioning easily. The team here certainly do try to exceed our guest expectations at all times in service, quality and price, and talking to our guests we do! Lets hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Just spent 3 nights at this inn and found the rooms comfortable and spacious and the restaurant modern and inviting. Quiet location close the the town. Excellent value continental breakfast. Small niggle with the house keeping staff but on the whole very satisfied.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Eillen L, thank you for your very nice review,so pleased that you had a "Happy Stay". Hope the small housekeeping niggle will not deter you from returning to us again?

Reviewed 13 August 2012

I chose this hotel because of the location, due to attending a party, and the great price. My stay was for two nights at £58. Bargain!
This hotel it walking distance from the train/bus station and the city centre.
Upon arrival I was greeted with a warm and friendly welcome. The receptionist informed me of all the facilities and directed me to my room.
The room was spacious and cool and the bathroom was modern, clean and very well lit.
My first nights stay was so comfortable and relaxing. I noticed there wasn't any noise and that was great for a good nights sleep.
On the morning at breakfast, again, I was greeted with efficiency and friendliness.
The breakfast was lovely, all you can eat. They had a wonderful selection of breakfast foods available, it was frankly too hard to choose.
After returning from my party in the evening, It was wonderful to see that staff were still available at such a late night.
My second nights sleep was just as good if not better than the first. I woke up feeling better than I have ever done at some of the top hotels I have stayed at, relaxed and refreshed.
I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. It was such a lovely experience.
Thanks to all the staff for your smiles, helpfulness and warmth.

Room Tip: Room 203 was wonderful.