We booked a Saturday night in this Premier Inn for a family visit; paying in advance, the rate was £29.
I have stayed in cheaper hotels - but all were unpleasant experiences. This was well up to the usual PI standard. Our room had plent of space - king size bed, two chairs, and a sofa. The en suite was a touch small but about usual for Premier Inn.
Hot water was ok, it did take a long time for the shower to warm up at 8am on the Sunday.
Location is excellent - five minutes walk from City Hall, close to the Alhambra and St Georges Hall, also convenient for Interchange rail and bus station. (Indeed, our room overlooked the remains of the old Exchange station, for which a sign still remains, over an archway leading up to the car park for the courts which were built on the site after Exchange station closed in 1973!) It's not quite so convenient for Forster Square station, perhaps a ten minute walk.
The view from the window was slightly spoiled by the construction work for the Westfield shopping centre, for which this hotel will be very convenient when it finally opens.
We didn't try the restaurant (having bought snacks for breakfast from the Tesco metro in the city centre) but I have no reason to think it would fall below the usual high standard at PI.
Noise was not a problem: Bradford is unlike some othe northern cities, and not at all noisy on a Saturday night. The matress was comfortable - we both slept very well.
I would have given five stars if it were not for three very minor gripes:
1) The TV, despite being Freeview digital, was the same as all others I have used in PIs, and seemed to have no means of telling you what programmes are on later in the evening (my digital TVs at home do have this feature);
2) The bed was very high off the floor - my partner found it impossible to sit on it comfortably (but we did have the sofa);
3) There was a tiny stain under the loo seat. It had clearly not had the usual attention from bleach and damp cloth that PI bathrooms receive.
However, I will happily stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's a tough call to find a better location than the Premier Inn Hotel Bradford Central - only minutes from Bradford Interchange station and the M62 and M606. So if you're looking for somewhere that combines city centre buzz with easy Dales access, you've found the right place. Get in the picture at the National Media Museum, catch a play at the Alhambra Theatre, or set up base here for trips out of town or over to Leeds. With the University and 2, 000-seat Abundant Life Church on your doorstep, this is also a great business base - complete with Thyme restaurant, spacious rooms and comfy beds. Important info Car parking is available a short distance from this Premier Inn - for which an additional fee will be charged. Please note that all twin rooms at this hotel consist of a double bed and a single sofa bed. Directions: At the end of the M606 turn left onto Rooley Lane/A6177 heading to Ring Rd/A650/Leeds/A647. Continue approx 1 mile, take 1st exit onto Wakefield Rd heading to City Centre/ Keighley/A650 then the ramp onto Wakefield Rd/A650. Go through 2 roundabouts and then turn right onto Vicar Lane. The hotel is on your right. Chargeable car parking is available in the Leisure Exchange to the rear of the hotel. Transport and local information: Leeds Bradford Airport 8 Miles Bradford Interchange Railway 5 Miles Yorkshire Dales 10 Miles ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Premier Inn Bradford Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Bradford Central Hotel Yorkshire