“Leave you Hanging”

Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Bradford. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings – including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Bradford’s favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After researching several local restaurants I thought I’d try Toby Carvery.
Easy parking, in fact the parking was the easiest. Entering the Restaurant it said Wait Here to be Seated. It should read, Wait here until someone who can be bothered to seat you. After all, I do believe in honesty. I did see a member of staff, “I’m behind the bar, someone will come soon” Helpful, not at all, surely, he could have at least beckoned a member of staff, no he served someone beer and continued his take on the World Cup.
Eventually I managed to make eye contact which turned into me looking like a drowning man with flailing arms.
I was ushered to Table 19 as if I’d just told her I’d hit her car in the car park.
Drink? Water please
I sat for another 10 minutes finally giving up to track my drink which was left in the bar.
I was going to order the 3 starters for £5 apart from the fact as no-one came near me again. Giving up on starters, I went to the carvery, now the guy who I could have excused for bad manners was the roasting himself, yet he was ok.
I ate the meal which was first class, great value and so tasty.
I did manage to catch the attention of someone now as she marched past.” Excuse me, that was lovely”
“Oh, have ya finished”
Yes, it was lovely, could I please have some ice cream?
This was brought to me in silence.
I got up and asked, where do I pay?
Me or the bar, not a matter of “ How was your meal”
Not a word from anyone.
Do you expect repeat business, well you’re not getting mine in a rush.
Just a note, if you do not wish to work at Toby Carvery, Bradford, it’s simple, leave.

1  Thank Meggo1709
General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your honest feedback, I’m so disappointed to read about your experience and really hope you will accept my apologies. I agree with you that the customer care offered by my team fell short of our expectations. . If you would like to contact us on 01274 736316 to discuss further so we can get this right next time.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went here for meal with family celebrating a family birthday which a table had been booked but alas now one knew about the booking but staff did put some tables together for us. However when we arrived there were full tables where people had left dirty plates and glasses some of which ended up being cleared away by other customers! Our meal was fine, we asked for jugs of water but you don't have jugs so ended up just bringing loads of glasses of water I think for your own sake you need to buy some jugs.We needed to know about the different gravies as only wanted the vegetarian/gluten free one but no label which I know are used in other Toby carveries The toilets though are another thing entirely whilst at least the floor in the restaurant was clean the toilets were horrible tissue all over the floor dirty surfaces one door didn't lock I think you need to address this obviously no staff go in there at all-no checks

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your honest feedback, Did you speak to a duty manager on the day? If you would like to contact us on 01274 736316 to discuss further so we can get this right next time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very nice meal, have been to a few different Tobys and the meals are always nice and lovely desserts. It was a bit on the noisy side, I don't know if it is usually noisy or whether we picked a noisy night to go

General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your 5 star review and lovely comments.

We hope to see you again soon.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited Toby carvery after a busy day moving house,
Looking forward to a tasty meal.
Well what can I say?
It was far from tasty, in fact I can go as far as to say it was bland and reminded me of School dinners, how can food be so tastless? extra slow service and staff seemed they were just there for the money. Certainly no enthusiasm in giving a service. Waited ages for our drinks
Never again.

Thank you for your honest feedback, I'm sorry to hear that your visit wasn't a positive one, if you would like to contact us on 01274 736316 to discuss further so we can get this right next time.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

We were looking forward to having a cooked breakfast here yesterday wish e hadn't. The food was cold, the sausages burnt on one side half cooked in the other, fried eggs over cooked so had to wait for some more when they came brought hardly any out. Charged seperate for tea which all in breakfast should have tea included, ok so you can have as much tea as you want but we only had one as water tastes awful full of chlorine. Went to the toilet before leaving and it was disgusting, dirty, smelt doors didn't close properly and no paper towels or hand drier working. I was up half the night last night with upset stomach and hardly ate rest of day. I would not return here for either breakfast or main meal after this visit shame as we use to use this place a lot for meals.

1  Thank pinkgirl479
General Manager A, Manager at Toby Carvery Bradford, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi,

Sorry to hear about this, did you speak to one of our breakfast team so they can look into this for you? if not I would like to get some more details about your experience with us to help make a future visit better. Please contact me on 01274 736316 kind regards