“St Leonard's farm - looked nice from outside”

St Leonards Farm Park
Ranked #17 of 83 things to do in Bradford
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular Farm and Indoor Play Area situated in the picturesque village of Esholt near Leeds and Bradford now offering 3 pre-bookable activities: School & Group trips March to July annuallyPrivate Indoor Fun Barn Parties every weekendFarmer James Holiday Club Childcare 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday during school holidays. Check website for dates.Contact Denise or Jane for further information, a chat or to book.Sorry we no longer take general admissions.
Leeds
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“St Leonard's farm - looked nice from outside”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I travelled all the way from Rawdon, to find it was closed to general admissions. My six month old was so looking forward to visiting and seeing the pigs and cows and sheep. I've never been myself as allergic to most animals, and looks like I now never will, unless we can stump up the cash for a private viewing.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mr G

Leeds
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Will never visit again!!”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I'm disgusted that after years of visiting my family and I are no longer welcome!
It's a disgrace that loyal customers have been shut out!
I shouldn't have to round up dozens of kids before my son can come again!!
I will NEVER visit again and discourage everyone who asks about the farm due to this appalling treatment!

Visited September 2013
7 Thank Bonnyboo
farmerjames1, Owner at St Leonards Farm Park, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
We are sincerely grateful to all who have visited the Farm over the last 18 years and understand your disappointment in being unable to gain general access.

All are welcome to continue to visit us on either a pre-booked school or group trip between March - July annually, at an indoor Fun Barn party any weekend or on our Holiday Club during the Spring and Summer school holidays.

I am sorry you felt so strongly about our personal and private decision to downsize our business that you felt the need to bring down our rating on TA.

Farmer James
Bradford, United Kingdom
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Excellent place to visit - but a shame its closing after the season”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

What an excellent little place for children to visit. Has plenty of animals to see and also a play gym - great for letting the little one burns off some energy. Its a shame that they are closing it to the public after the season ends but I think they are still keeping it open to schools and private parties. I would check their website for the details.

Visited July 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Been twice all the way over from Pudsey.”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

NOW NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC - only booked party's so now we can never go and my son misses out.
Really upset as we visited twice hearing it was really good but just looked at a no general admission sign - now unless you are rich and can book the whole farm you can't go!
Very disappointed and hope the couple that have run the farm for 18 yrs make loads of money from there decision to push out the normal folk who can't afford group trips
Thanks a lot!

Visited September 2013
4 Thank Luvmyson
farmerjames1, Owner at St Leonards Farm Park, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
We are sincerely grateful to all who have visited the Farm over the last 18 years and understand your disappointment in being unable to gain access.

Our intentions have been clearly posted on our website, in local newspapers, by flyers and by word of mouth since April 2013 when our plans were finalised after private and personal consideration.

We now concentrate on offering educational School & Group trips between March and July annually, private indoor Fun Barn parties every weekend and places on our Holiday Club during the Easter, Spring Bank and Summer school holidays where children, existing customers and new, can come and meet Farmer James and enjoy our facilities.
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Overpriced - Limited Animals to see..”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Kids aged over 2 pay adult prices.... Not many animals to see, very little information about the animals, no names, no information boards ....

Visited August 2013
1 Thank vanmaster
farmerjames1, Owner at St Leonards Farm Park, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Not sure this review relates to a past visit to ourselves. We have always had a good range of farm animals as well as animals you would not normally expect to see on a farm in Yorkshire! Information on each animal is shown on the enclosure when walking round the farm.

Farmer James