“Fabulous!”

Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We given a very early check in as we had a wedding to attend at 1.30pm so we were very happy before we got to the hotel. We were greeted by pleasant staff.
Our room was spotless. We forgot our toothpaste but the friendly lady on reception was only too happy to give us some. Our breakfast was fresh and tasty. No hard croissants like in other reviews I read. These we fresh and tasty. The cooked breakfast was fine -eggs sausage and beans. Plenty of choice.
Fantastic checkout time of midday so no rush to leave. Our room was 142 and round the back so no traffic noise. We will be back! Well done Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Moez R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Beezlebee,

I am very pleased by your comments with regards to the staff here and the positive feedback on the services that we offer.
Your genuine review and the praise we received from you will definitely boost the team moral to continue delivering an excellent level of customer service.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Staying here was not pleasant at all. Just terrible. I stayed for one night, a definite night to FORGET. We arrived looking forward to our stay, after reading the reviews we thought it seemed perfectly adequate however we were not to be impressed. The bed the room was horribly uncomfortable, literally dipping in the middle and so awful to even try to sleep on, as we kept rolling into the middle - we had to ring reception in order to be moved rooms in the early hours of the morning. The room we got given secondly stank of SMOKE. It was absolutely VILE. We practically had NO sleep. I could write for hours but I will simply state it was RIDICULOUSLY TERRIBLE.

However, the room size was very good and coffee/tea making facilities were fine. But the negatives completely outweigh the TWO positives: The TV was ridiculously old and they simply should be replaced! The floor had multiple stains, we tried to open the sofa bed BUT AS SOON AS WE DID, IT WAS ABSOLUTELY COVERED IN DISGUSTING STAINS!!!!! HORRENDOUS (SEE PHOTOS) and it made us feel sick, the breakfast was awful - the sausages were like cardboard and I couldn't even eat them, the croissants were rock hard, only good thing was the tea/coffee machines.

The whole experience was awful and we left feeling extremely upset at our stay as we were looking forward to it and it was just SO terrible.

I would go ANYWHERE BUT HERE!!!! One final word - AVOID!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank explorehorizons

I apologize for your stay did not live up to your expectations and that you did not find some aspects of the hotel to your liking.
We hope that you give us another chance and allow us to make your stay as best as it can be. Sincerely,

Reviewed 4 February 2014

The hotel is situated in a good location adjacent to a multi-storey car park that offers reasonable prices. At £3 a day after discount from the reception desk. The charge for losing your ticket, like I did is £5. There is a bowling complex with snack bar, Costa and a bar within this complex. Other restaurants include a Chinese Buffet, Frankie and Bennys and a Pizza place. There is also a Casino right next door.

The reception staff were first class with everything we needed to know and were very informative.

The room was spacious as was the bathroom with a large shower. The bedding and the room was spotless. They do need to modernize the TV, being a tiny old fashioned 1990s type.
A couple of points to mention are.1. The lighting was pretty poor. There was no central light in the room.

1. The lighting is poor, with no central ceiling light.
2. The hotel sits on a main road so it is noisy, if like my wife is a light sleeper

The breakfast offered was okish, The coffee was good as were the cold selections of fruit, yogurt, fruit juices and Danish pastries. The hot food was ok but limited to sausages, scrambled egg and beans. For the price we paid per night it was excellent.

The central location is ideal for getting about with the interchange a five minute walk away. A 20 minute walk is the "Film and Television Museum" which I found fascinating. A must is a visit to Saltaire which is a world heritage site. There is a perfectly preserved Mill dating back to the 1850s which has an impressive exhibition centre along with a level dedicated to David Hockney works. The village is stunning along with the backdrop of the Pennines is a photographic dream. The Bradford Industrial Museum is a historian dream. The pieces in there were priceless. Working looms, Cars, Tram and even a printing press. Very impressed. All the things above offer free entrance.

Bradford is a gem of a city for those like us for something different and very diverse in it's unique way. Chatting to a a asian taxi driver about segregation between the many races and tension, he shook his head. "maybe 30 years ago but everyone just gets on now, were all from Bradford".

To sum up the Hotel,it was excellent value for money despite the two wingy negatives. Bradford itself is a gem despite it's bad press.

Room Tip: Visit all the free sites but visit Saltaire is a must.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Moez R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to complete the review, I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and I will definitely pass the comments to the rest of the team.
Just to make you aware that we are on the process of changing the corridors spot light.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.
Thato Black
Senior Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel as part of a Newmarket holiday package to the Yorkshire Dales Xmas markets. The hotel room was comfortable, particularly the bed and despite being located in a busy centre housing Pizza Hut, Frankie & Bennys and a Superbowl, was very quiet and restful. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful and the breakfast plentiful and varied - from ceraels, croissants, toast, cold meat and fruit to scrambled eggs, beans and sausages.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Moez R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read your positive comments about your experience
I am happy that you had a relaxing stay.
Please be assured that all comments we receive at the Hotel are shared with the team.

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I was staying in Bradford on business and didn't get to book the accommodation myself. After reading the reviews of others, I would say that they are a fair representation of how I found this hotel too. Very clean and the staff courteous. Free wi-fi by accessing a code from reception was simple. Hot and cold complimentary breakfast. I know that I read that people were a bit disgruntled that there was only a sausage option in the meat choice for the hot breakfast but I like sausages so it didn't put me off. However by Friday, my fourth breakfast, I could only stomach one! There are plenty other options too with cereals etc. The hotel is handily positioned overlooking Bradford and seems like five minutes walk from just about everywhere. We came in by train and Bradford interchange is literally just across the road. Yes the TVs aren't flat screen with 100 channels but as I fell asleep to George and Mildred most nights after work I didn't mind. All in all I enjoyed my trip here and would here stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014

My sincere thanks for taking the time to write such a genuine review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Bradford city Centre.

I was delighted to read your comments about the staff, the room and the location of the hotel.

I look forward to sharing this great feedback with all of the team and to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night on business. Nice friendly staff, clean and tidy hotel. Warning if you stay on the first floor. Corridor floorboards very squeaky so you know when someone walks past your room. Also please update to flat screen tvs in the rooms! Free wifi is almost a must for me to stay somewhere nowadays so well done for that. And although breakfast was good, why no bacon, only sausages??
All in all a very pleasant stay and very conveniently located for restaurants.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Moez R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre.
It is an immense pleasure to hear such kind words about the team and the hotel cleanliness, as part of IHG hotels we can only provide three hot items in our free breakfast which are Beans, scrambled egg and sausages. Unfortunately we cannot offer bacon and sausage at the same time.
Kind regards

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We had to stay in Bradford for a few days on business and wanted to stay in the city centre. The parking is in a multistorey but you do get a discount and the walk through to the hotel is not too onerous. Our rooms were clean and very comfortable. Although there are tea/coffee making facilities in the room the supplies are limited - two tea bags and a few coffee sachets and no biscuits! However the breakfast was plentiful and tasty. The staff are excellent, very friendly, efficient and helpful. We were on the first floor and there was a little noise from people walking past through to nearby restaurants but not dreadful. I found the internet access good and the fact that it is free and unlimited was brilliant.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Moez R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your very kind feedback.
I am thrilled that you had a great stay with us and that you have been able to appreciate the attentiveness of our staff.
Your comments have been passed on to all of them and we will be happy to welcome you again at the Holiday Inn Express Bradford City centre.