“Easter Weekend”

Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Modern hotel in a great location. We were here for Easter weekend with a coach tour. Staff were not prepared they were friendly but had no idea about serving dinner. Fish cakes for Easter Day dinner ! Breakfast was great except when you had to wait for cups, plates etc. Our cold water stopped working and the manager offered us a change of room we declined but we got as much bottled water & 3 free drinks at the bar. Great service in all but dinner issues need to be addressed when a coach tour of 54 are staying at hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Moez R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Kirsten,
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve the facilities and guest services we offer to our guests.
We all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Spent the night at this hotel. Booking in was easy, the rooms were comfortable and clean and half the price of Premier Inn and cheaper than Travel Lodge!
Breakfast included, self service and very tasty scrambled eggs. I had a good sleep in the bed and the showers was clean and contemporary looking, the only down fall was the little square back TV with little sound.
All in all, a damn good room, service and breakfast for the money I paid.
Its location is smack bang in the middle of a complex where there are plenty places to eat and a few bars, even a cinema opposite, everything is there for a good evening out.
Car parking is great too, take your ticket from the multi storey parking next door and they will validate it for you before you leave, I paid only 3 quid for the whole day and night! Staff was helpful and friendly too. I will use the hotel again if I am in the Bradford area.

Room Tip: A good view of Bradford and the complex from my room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greeneyescamp
Moez R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the hotel, we greatly appreciate your feedback I will share your positive points with the rest of team here.
I hope that we'll have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Love holiday express inns! Great value and the complimentary breakfasts are always lovely and satisfying!! The Bradford branch is in a GREAT location!! Me and my boyfriend had a night out in Leeds and was cheaper to stay in Bradford! Really close to train station and great car parking! Rooms very clean shower amazing and bed comfortable! All staff happy and ready to help! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2014
Moez R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Beezlebee,

Dear Jenbroome,

I am very pleased by your comments with regards to the staff here and the positive feedback on the services that we offer. Your amazing review and the praise we received from you will definitely boost the team moral to continue delivering an excellent level of customer service.

GM

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed for 1 night for the Yorkshire Regional Brass Band Championships at St George's Hall in Bradford. Good location, 5 minutes walk into the centre and to Bradford Interchange station, a few restaurants, cinema, bowling just outside the hotel.

Stayed in a twin room with a mate, room was clean and spacious but felt dated! 1990's style television (didn't find a remote control!), but no light bulbs in the fitted bedside lamps. Bathroom modern and clean. Our room was a short walk from the lift but the corridors were really dingy and dark, even during the day.

Great that wiFi is offered free for 24hrs - not so great that when you try to enter the code the only button that worked on the login page was the one to say that I wasn't a resident and kept directing me to a page that said to ask reception. Parking validated to discounted rate, £2.20 for 15 hours parking. Check in/out no problems although the key card to get into the room is a bit slow to respond when you swipe it on your door.

Breakfast was awful, such a let down. Buffet style with heated trays that you open plastic draws to get into. I came down at about 9am (I'm aware that breakfast is served until 9:30am), granted there was a selection of yoghurts and fruit available, but cooked breakfast there was maybe 2 or 3 sausages left, no bread for toasting, barely a scoopful of lukewarm beans and scrambled egg (vile scrambled egg, had one small forkful and left the rest on my plate). Orange juice was even worse - served from a dispenser mixed with water - tasted like tainted water not orange juice!

On the whole, for a night's sleep this hotel served purpose. Clean but dated. Breakfast needs a serious rethink - it was included in the price of the room but had this been charged separately I wouldn't have bothered or I would have refused to pay for that portion. I've stayed at 2 other Holiday Inn Express hotels (Cheltenham & Salford Quays) where the hotels were much brighter and up to standard and the breakfast was far to superior to my experience here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear David B,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It is pleasing to know that our location was sufficient for your needs and you found our rooms to be comfortable. However, please accept my sincerest apologies if your breakfast experience was sub par. Your feedback has been noted and will be used to consider for improvements.

Kind Regards,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Reasonably priced hotel, rooms are average, staff are friendly. Advertise free wifi but can you get a signal? I don't think so. Breakfast variety was poor in particular for vegetarians, for good breakfast stay at premier inn. The car park is the Exchange Complex car park for a discount validate your ticket at hotel reception £3.50 for 24 hours.
Nice lounge and bar
Cinema restaurants and bowling just outside the hotel.

Stayed: February 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear Andi J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I appreciate your compliments regarding our hotel, reasonably priced hotel, rooms average, staff friendly. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I like this place and it was my forth visit. The rooms are spacious and I have always found the staff helpful and pleasant.
This has not been the case with the manager of this establishment who I found to be rude and abusive to myself and I would not like to think about his attitude to the other staff (who are not like him at all and were very pleasant).
It seems a number of us we miss informed about the time of breakfast so when we got down there was little left. It was certainly running out way before the finishing time so the most I had was some egg and a scraping of beans. Unable to eat the bread so my options were limited. The staff were helpful s they could be but I feel they may have been prevented.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank helstravels
Moez R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I do treat your feed back seriously therefore I will appreciate it if you could contact me on gm@hiexpressbradford.co.uk to discuss the service you experienced from the manager on duty, as I have been informed that breakfast was prepared for you at 10AM despite the fact our breakfast time finish at 9:30AM.
I hope that you give us another chance and allow us to make your stay as best as it can be.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Nice clean and spacious bedroom, The bed was really nice for a good sleep. The sofa bed is large enough for two kids not sure why they dont let two kids to stay...?The booking system allows maximum of two adults and a child...

The breakfast was free but was OK not great. The check in and Check out was seamless.
Very central place and secure parking in the exchange leisure centre.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on trip advisor.
I'm very pleased that you had such an enjoyable visit to our hotel.
We value you as our guest and we look forward to serving you better on your next stay.