My partner and I staid with my 7 year old for one night. I was sceptical of booking at first after reading some reviews and was surprised by the cheep rates considering the facility's listed. We arrived to a very warm welcome, the staff could not have been more helpful, I am a smoker and wanted a room close to the front door, the staff offered to sort this to the extent of offering us the four poster room near reception. the room we took (not the four poster) was a big size, clean and well presented. The house keepers brought a full size bed for my son and where very friendly.
The bar next door is a standard pub but with free wi-fi and comfortable sofas. my son knocked his coke over with in 2 min and we where made to feel its not an issue and made a joke of it settling a worried looking boy. Although we did not eat the menu looked like good value for pub fair.
The leisure facility's were very nice the boy had lost of fun in the pool and used up plenty of energy, the steam room was one of the best i have ever been in (hot, hot, hot) and the sauna and hot tub where of a high standard. Very impressive considering the cost of the hotel.
breakfast was as described, cereals, toast, crumpets, muffins, fruit, tea coffee and fruit juice. After years of enduring awful hotel cooked breakfasts this is the kind of thing i have any way, my partner was happy with fruit and the boy ecstatic about the provision of coco pops. The fact this was available until late was also a plus.
over all a very nice stay. i would like to say to some of the people who put hotels like this down, i have staid in hotels for 100 days a year on average for the last few years. i have paid £150 a night for hotels with smaller rooms, dirtier leisure facility's, awful breakfasts, and" i am better than you" service. I say for around £50 a night any breakfast is good and the use of the facility is exceptional value.
Dont expect the versace but to expect a nice time and good nights sleep.
Thanks to all at the Highfield
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Hotel offers a large family friendly bar with lounge area and is open from 12pm serving a good selection of bar snacks and meals Monday from 12pm through to Sunday 6pm. Staff can assist you with extra services such as printing airline tickets and are able to offer information on their private functions, wedding services and meeting/banqueting facilities for up to 120 guests. Leisure club on site, free use of the swimming pool, gymnasium, spa, sauna and steam room offered to all hotel guests. Sun bed available at a charge. Additional amenities include a pool table, games machines and complimentary Wifi access. A light breakfast is included every morning of your stay. RV and truck parking available. The property may provide extended parking privileges to guests after check-out. This is a smoke-free property offering non-smoking rooms, rooms and facilities for disabled guests, heating and luggage storage The legendary Johan Cruyff stayed at the hotel (the ‘Baron of Beef’ as it was then), as it was close to Dennyfield, Thackley’s ground, where his Barcelona team trained before the match with Leeds in the European Cup Semi Final (if you have any more information about the history of the site, or any old photos you’d like to share with us, we would love to hear from you).The 30 ‘American Sized’ guest bedrooms at The Highfield all include 19-22 inch LCD televisions with 40+ channels including music/radio channels via freeview & a DVD player, tea and coffee making facilities and hair dryers in every room. Bathrooms are all private en-suite and comprise of a bath/shower, shaving socket and complimentary toiletries. No charge for cot hire. Iron and ironing boards available upon request. Complimentary Wifi access is also available. We can also provide drinks in your room, by prior arrangement. All rooms at The Highfield are non-smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Highfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Highfield Hotel Bradford
- Sporting Hotel Bradford
- The Highfield Bradford, Yorkshire