We spent a very pleasant overnight stay at this clean, comfortable and friendly hotel. Our room was huge and nicely decorated with a kingsize four poster bed, little seating area with desk and a two seater sofa, with huge windows running the full width of the room. The bathroom was spacious with a double rain shower. The leisure facilities were lovely, and I enjoyed the saltwater swimming pool, while my husband sat in the beautifully warm Jacuzzi which overlooks it. The sauna and steam room were small but perfectly adequate and again, clean and well kept. We enjoyed a fabulous and plentiful meal in the Moo restaurant just across from the Hotel, with it's American style booths and friendly staff. With a continental breakfast included in the price of the room - we felt it was very well worth the money. I hope it continues to remain family run with a good balance of corporate and private customers, and I would definitely recommend the hotel for a pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Hotel offers a large family friendly bar with lounge area and is open from 12pm serving a good selection of bar snacks and meals Monday from 12pm through to Sunday 6pm. Staff can assist you with extra services such as printing airline tickets and are able to offer information on their private functions, wedding services and meeting/banqueting facilities for up to 120 guests. Leisure club on site, free use of the swimming pool, gymnasium, spa, sauna and steam room offered to all hotel guests. Sun bed available at a charge. Additional amenities include a pool table, games machines and complimentary Wifi access. A light breakfast is included every morning of your stay. RV and truck parking available. The property may provide extended parking privileges to guests after check-out. This is a smoke-free property offering non-smoking rooms, rooms and facilities for disabled guests, heating and luggage storage The legendary Johan Cruyff stayed at the hotel (the ‘Baron of Beef’ as it was then), as it was close to Dennyfield, Thackley’s ground, where his Barcelona team trained before the match with Leeds in the European Cup Semi Final (if you have any more information about the history of the site, or any old photos you’d like to share with us, we would love to hear from you).The 30 ‘American Sized’ guest bedrooms at The Highfield all include 19-22 inch LCD televisions with 40+ channels including music/radio channels via freeview & a DVD player, tea and coffee making facilities and hair dryers in every room. Bathrooms are all private en-suite and comprise of a bath/shower, shaving socket and complimentary toiletries. No charge for cot hire. Iron and ironing boards available upon request. Complimentary Wifi access is also available. We can also provide drinks in your room, by prior arrangement. All rooms at The Highfield are non-smoking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your The Highfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Highfield Hotel Bradford
- Sporting Hotel Bradford
- The Highfield Bradford, Yorkshire