“Bitterly Disappointed: Never Again!”
Review of Akbar's Cafe

Akbar's Cafe
Ranked #402 of 707 Restaurants in Bradford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Akbar's Cafe do traditional Indian food along with great steaks, pastas, lasagnes, salmon and a huge selection of desserts and ice creams mmmmm
Leeds
“Bitterly Disappointed: Never Again!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Having visited the cafe on a few occasions in the past, there has never been no major qualm or issue regarding the cafe generally.

However, after this weekends experience, my entire feelings have been coated over like a sour chip - and chips is something I enjoy!

Having waited 25 minutes to be seated,the place was extremely busy hence chaos everywhere. We ordered our drinks, which had to be sent back as the smoothie tasted atrocious: the second attempt was not any better.

The starters where average and I had a feeling the mains would prove to be disastrous. I normally have the lasagne and chips, which can be hit and miss in terms of quality and taste. This time round, the lasagne and chips could possibly be the worst in the UK: the chips tasted off, very stale and sour. The lasagne lacked seasoning and again stale. I literally left the whole meal. My complaint was a waste of time and only bought upon deaf ears.

To top it off: reversing my car out of the Akbars car park was like a war zone in Somalia. All in all not good!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Aamar D

Rotherham
“Strangest cafe I've ever been to”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Staff stood behind door did not open it even though it was obvious I was struggling whilst holding a child and changing bag

Atmosphere consisted of a disco ball and low lighting. Wasnt too sure if I'd walked in to a nightclub rather than a cafe!

Clearly too many tables for the space. People bumping in to each other. Over hearing everyone's conversations.

Our drinks order we saw being delivered to the table beside us. After a polite chat the waiter collected the drinks and placed them on our table.

Menu consisted of starters mains and desserts. Same as their restaurant. I thought this was a cafe..... No burgers, no wraps. They had a steak and chips priced at £13.95!!

Ordered our starters which took 30 mins to arrive. During which someone else's starters were brought to our table. Politely sent waiter to the table next to us whose starters they were.

Starters were too small for the large dishes within which they were served. Chicken tikka was nice. Main curry was very hot with numerous green chillis. Had ordered medium because of children.

Tandoori roti was very 'doughy'. Skipped desserts given quality of service and food. All in all will not return.

3 Thank FA_20141
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service and food”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Just been to cafe akbars had a lovely curry and starters are waiter was Mehtab the food and service was outstanding

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Linda S
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Good food enhance by great service”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

All of the dishes we ate were of excellent quality and flavoursome. The service was impeccable our waiter, Mehtab, was attentive, friendly, and polite.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank NajR77
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Perfect desert for malik family”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I had an excellent time with my family
The customer service was really good aswell as the food

We really enjoyed it and the waiter Musaddiq was really good with serving us

Once again really enjoyed thanks again