“A good local!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Rajshahi
Ranked #41 of 674 Restaurants in Bradford
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“A good local!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

We go here every week ever since they opened! It's a family favourite! The staff are lovely and friendly and you can't beat a good bradford curry!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank alex186408

Bradford
“exceptional service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Visited mid week with friends, having visited before we did not have starters because the portions here are very very generous so opted for the pickle tray and popadoms instead. Full to busting pickle tray, but the riata was made with, I think, marie rose sauce, and tasted a bit funny. I opted for a Karahi, which is my fave curry at the moment, but was a little disappointed that the chicken in this one was tikka which gave this dish a different taste to what I was expecting, nethertheless it was full of tender chicken, a thick sauce and piping hot. My friends ordered different dishes and one was not on the menu but they very willingly made this, its a strange dish Keema peas, but she is a creature of habib and this was her first visit to the Raj. She said she would have liked it a little hotter and little firmer, but bearing in mind they made it especially for her and it is not a standard dish, it was a good effort. Other dish was mushroom makhani and was full of mushrooms and we were informed, very very nice. The nan we shared was light and fluffy and not greasy which was really nice.

One thing which has and will always set this place apart is the service. The guys here are geninuely nice people, they are helpful, friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Maybe not the best curry Ive had but I come here for the service because I feel so special as soon as I walk through the door.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank F M
Bradford, England, United Kingdom
“One of the best Curry Houses in Bradford!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is up there with Akbars as one of The Best Curry Houses in Bradford.

The food is exceptional and they offer a fantastic selection of all dishes. One thing not to be missed is the Buffet they do on Sundays. They change their selections every week so they have something different every time you go. This includes starters and mains and obviously eat as much as you like.

When its not a buffet they are very generous with portion sizes and if there is any problems they are more than happy to sort it out which is once every blue moon.

The staff are fantastic and are so friendly they never turn you away even if you have not booked or they are really busy and unlike Akbars they don't try rush you in and out. Which i hate at Akbars this is why the majority of times we come here. They have fantastic banter with you and have a conversation with you again unlike Akbars.

I would recommend this to anyone fantastic curry house!

1 Thank Dave D
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Really nice local restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We wandered in here for an impromptu meal. Having not booked we were pleased they found room for us. The staff were really friendly, and although the service wasn't the quickest, owing to how busy the place was, we felt looked after and valued.

The food was really tasty, with good portion sizes.

Will definitely return, maybe to try out the Sunday buffet.

This restaurant offers really good value. Or meal including a couple of drinks each came to £35.00 including a tip.

1 Thank James P
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We visit the Rajshahi on a regular basis and are always made to feel very welcome. When we visited on Mother's Day and hadn't booked a table even though it was very busy, we were not turned away. We were looked after as always. The food every day is gorgeous but we particularly like the Sunday all you can eat buffet! The food is cooked freshly and the staff ensure you have fresh hot popadoms, fresh salad and change the starters regularly. There is a selection of pickle tray dips, salad, popadoms, selection of 3 starters, 4 curries (1 veg), rice and nan bread. It's always hot and we have always had a curry that we have enjoyed. Tonight I sampled all 4 curries and all were beautiful. I would not eat at another buffet now in Bradford as the quality does not come anywhere close! If you don't want the buffet, the menu is very good and varied. The staff are so friendly and will go out of their way to help you and I'm sure if you had special requests they would meet them. I love that at the end of the meal you always get the tastiest pieces of orange and a hot towel. When paying our bill we are offered a complementary drink (shot), the titanic is gorgeous! The restaurant is clean and the customer service the staff provide is fantastic. I look forward to my visits to Rajshahi and is my favourite Indian restaurant.

1 Thank Heather_Mc2013