“A Great Hotel!”

Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A Great Hotel!”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We booked this room through late rooms at the last minute, and had to stay in Bradford due to heavy snow. The hotel room was really big, and spacious and spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfy and the room was warm.
The bar downstairs was friendly and had a great juke box, with a variety of all different types of music, to suit all ages.
The staff were very friendly, and there was a warm atmosphere in the bar.
The only really negative thing is that it is not situated in the best part of town, but this can be overlooked, as the prices are very reasonable, and it is such a nice place to stay!
My advice is to stay her if your going to Bradford, it is quite near to the Reflex and the Revolution Bar, and a few other bars and clubs. There are two Wetherspoons pubs which are not too far away.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank EileenL551

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Very friendly and helpful staff. Offered a discount on a large family room, me and my mum got a double bed each for £25 a night which is brilliant! Bed was comfy, but the room was very dark and the carpet was a bit dirty. Loads of comfy pillows. The corridors smelt of smoke and the carpets obviously hadn't been cleaned in years. Quiet if you manage to stay in the annex area of the pub which is separate from the pub itself, otherwise I can imagine it would be quite noisy. Good large dressing table with two mirrors. Well furnished with separate lights for reading. Could be cleaner.

The bathroom was an acceptable size, but there was squashed chewing gum under the sink and the boiler next to the toilet appeared to be falling apart (was gaffa taped). The shower was appalling with just a slight mist with which to wash yourself. Good number of clean towels provided.

Overall an average stay, good value for money if you can deal with the quirks.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank twilight_amoeba
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2011

We booked a one night family room, it was very spacious and good value and the staff very friendly. Unfortunately, the hotel itself didn't look very enticing from outside and smelt of stale smoke in the corridors - strange given that there's been a smoking ban for a long time now, led me to think that the very stained carpet hadn't been cleaned for years. The whole place was a little grubby also and the area of Bradford it was in can only be described as a bit rough, my family and I were subjected to racial abuse as we walked down the road so we won't be returning to Bradford but that is obviously not the Hotel's fault. The staff were very friendly and couldn't have been more helpful so it was a shame really.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2011

We stayed here to visit the Imax cinema, have a nice meal and to visit relatives around Bradford.
The location was perfect, just a short walk away from the city centre . We had a choice of Indian restaurants on the way back from the cinema and I would highly recommend the international for a no frills proper Bradford curry :)
The hotel itself was clean and comfortable, We were concerned that this being Karaoke night it may be a problem for us but we could not here anything from our room.
The breakfast was very nice although I did feel a little odd because we had the breakfast in the bar and we were the only people there on that morning.
The staff were great and I cannot fault the service

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Brentwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 November 2010

When I first arrived at the hotel, I was aware of the smell of state smoke everywhere. I was given the keys to a room and the smell of smoke in there was unbearable. I therefore asked if they had another room and was given the 'luxury suite'. It was grand in that it had 2 double beds and was a very large room with a large bathroom with bath and separate shower. It had been refurbished too. However there was no heating in the bathroom at all and one very small storage heater in the bedroom - it was very cold outside and the room was freezing, even with the heater on all night. The room was right above the bar where there was a quiz night going on and I had to turn up the telly in my room just to be able to hear it. The bed was uncomfortable too. In the morning, I had the vegetarian breakfast which consisted of tinned mushrooms, beans, tomatoes, hash browns and very anaemic white toast. There was not enough room on the plate to butter my toast and I wasn't given a side plate so I picked up a saucer from the tea and coffee table. The first saucer I picked up had a cigarette burn on it. No-one asked me if I had a good night (probably just as well) or seemed at all concerned if they were giving a good service. There weren't many guests at all and I think I know why. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Bradford hotels

London
Reviewed 4 December 2009

I have just returned from a short stay working in Bradford. The Westleigh Hotel has great, friendly staff, a fantastic pub and comfortable, pleasant rooms.

Alistair, the manager and host was fantastic!

What more do you need? Also great location, only 5 mins from the City in a leafy suburb.

Best of all, half the price of a City Centre hotel! Keep up the good work guys.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Leigh, Greater Manchester
Reviewed 6 May 2009

The rooms were really nice, the place was spotless and my bathroom was also recently refurbished and immaculate. Not far from either the town centre or the indian restarauntrsthat Bradford is famous for. Only word of advice I would give - don't go in through the door marked "reception" - check in is in the bar, which is served by a seperate entrance on the left of the building.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo