“Budget hotels should not mean poor standards. Not impressed”

The Westleigh Hotel
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Stayed at this hotel on Saturday night. Carpets on stairs up to rooms noticeably dirty. Bathroom in the room was dated with blind on window and no bin (not great for the ladies when it's that time of the month), dirty patches and water marks visible on the walls near the toilet and a pubic hair stuck to wall. Gross!
Next morning woke with several itchy bites on me which weren't there before.
Breakfast disappointing, expected much better standard for £7.95 pp. Sausages were horrible. cheaper than cheap (suspect deep fried)- full of grease and mushrooms also oozing all the way through with grease (suspect they were also deep fried!)

Didn't complain but will not be staying there again. Ever!
Avoid avoid avoid

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Sarah B

Reviewed 10 December 2012

I was here with my family which includes our one year old daughter. We booked the hotel through Agoda. We rented a car and being a small town, Bradford was very easy to navigate with little assistance by the trusty GPS.

Check in was no issue and on-site parking was complimentary. We could see our car from the room. The hotel did not offer elevator but it was not a big issue. We were traveling en route to Scotland for the Edinburgh Festival at that time.

Room Tip: Had to climb a few flights of stairs
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2012

We were attending a wedding in Bradford so stayed over at this hotel for one evening. It was well priced and in a convenient location for the wedding.

The hotel was clean, our room was well sized and decorated nicely. We thought it may be a little noisy as there is a pub within it (serves some quality ale) but it was actually very quiet.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank BubblyTripper
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I traveled to Bradford in May to visit a friend who lives near the National Media Museum (outstanding establishment!). Turned out he didn't have a shower (just bath), so I had to look around for hotel. Luckily enough, I had looked up Westleigh on the Internet prior to arrival (nearby, there's nothing else anyway - other than Ivy guesthouse which seems to be more of a haunted house).
The staff at Westleigh (which is a pub) were friendly and discreet. They had a single room advertised for about 40 pounds (if I remember correctly), incl breakfast . What was a nice surprise, they offered to extract breakfast from the bill (I don't eat breakfast anyway), and to furthermore upgrade me to a double room.
The room was so cosy, I was torn between staying in with the flat-screen telly, or sightseeing Yorkshire/ watching BBC programmes in the Media Museum.
It seemed there were quite a few rooms in the meandering corridors upstairs. Nothing was heard from either pub or other rooms. Pub itself was perfect - a refuge from (I'm sorry to say) some shady crowds in Bradford. It all in all added to my UK cultural experience.:)
I'd like to thank the staff. If I do return to Bradford, which I yearn to do, I know where to stay.
P.S. There's a bus stop from right outside the hotel which takes you to Bradford Interchange (only a couple of stops away).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We were there in March visiting our son, who studies in Bradford.
Very clean, wonderful staff, especially Simon, beautiful pub, with the occasional karaoke nights and very reasonable prices.
We'll definitely be back. Greetings to Simon & Staff from Parga, Greece.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank papfamily
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Lovely hotel, clean, comfortable & homely rooms. Simon and staff were amazing, really accommodating and understanding and nothing was too much effort for them.
Breakfast was amazing and the bar was great too.
Great value for money. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Nice hotel, very good value for money, room more than adequate, though not luxurious (obviously for price paid). Nice and close to town centre and great curry house (International) in walking distance. I would recommend sparrow pub in central Bradford. Good breakfast for six pounds extra. The staff were very good and better than in some five star places I've been in. Minus point was being woken up by other guests at 4a.m. but that was not the hotels fault. Area is a little down at heel but not threatening. Useful though, that there was on site parking, and would definitely recommend to use this. (Hotel has cctv). About 30 minutes walk to football ground of you are going there.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends