“Would you like a hot Fart?? Pardon??”
Review of The Lister Hotel

The Lister Hotel
Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Derby, United Kingdom
“Would you like a hot Fart?? Pardon??”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I rang on Wednesday morning to book a 2 night groupon stay. I spoke to a foreign woman who was on the height of arrogance and so rude. I asked for a room overlooking lister park, she asked me if i wanted a window... well duh yes! I just said yes please and was polite. Then I asked for a room with a hot tub jacuzzi... her reply flabbergasted me "Do you want a hot fart?" I said pardon she said "A hot fart a warm fart?" I said no she hung up! Then I called back several times she just said "Luxury farts are not available" and kept hanging up on me. I emailed later explaining and stated the call was recorded as ringing off the work phone. It has given my co-workers endless amusement. I am going to send this off to you've been framed as it was hillarious

Room Tip: They have rooms with hot farts in apparently!!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
8 Thank Robert C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
manchester
Reviewed 1 October 2012

i stayed on 12 sept and it was awful sent an email complaining to management about the issues we had with the staff we ate in the so called bistro which is nothing more than a poky room with purple paint. the chairs wobbled and nearly collapsed!! we had to swap 3 chairs. there were loads of men in and the man serving us had a tatoo on his right arm which lowered the tone even more - guess they employ anyone these days. then when he was on the phone talking to someone about cock rings we nearly threw up. the room had a crack from floor to ceiling and when we went to bed we had a visitor of the furry kind at 3am!! how this is a boutuqye hotel is beyond me. food cheap and very overpriced. the breakfast was very nice and there was a young man who served us so not all staff are bad but we stuck to the continental as another resident staying long term told us breakfast was like gruel. we checked out and the man still charged us for tea even tho the problems we had the nite before. we didnt say anything on check out about the problems just wanted to leave as soon as but be warned

Room Tip: just dnt go here!!
3 Thank carla m

Travellers are raving about these Bradford hotels

Lee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My wife and I checked into this hotel on a deal. There was a mix up with the bookings, and as a result we ended up staying at the Cartwright Hotel just down the road. The room was lovely and clean, and the evening meal at the Lister Hotel was quite simply stunning. The breakfast the next day was somewhat chaotic, but we would come back soon for the food alone in the restaurant. The Chef was amazing!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Hotel is nice inside. Rooms are pretty.

Breakfast was awful. Dead flies in the juice. Yoghurts out of date. Veggie cooked breakfast was more like an evening meal. Really dirty cutlery and crockery.

Chef seemed to manage front desk, bar and kitchen - very short staffed.

Lift broken.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Natalie D
Nottingham
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We both stopped over for a night, as we were heading north. It was a voucher deal. We were a bit apprehensive having read earlier reports. The lift was still out of order from previous reports. However the pleasant and friendly receptionist took our backs upstairs,as I have mobility problems. The stair carpet was a bit grubby, but the room was spacious, clean and wooden floored. Bathroom was modern too. Room faced Lister Park,so a pleasant outlook. Good nights sleep. Breakfast was sufficient,if somewhat limited. All in all I think this hotel OK for an overnight stay,probably not for longer though.

Room Tip: Ask for view of the Park
Malvern
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Well it was definitely an experience staying at The Lister Hotel, I would say it definitely needs some tlc and a womans touch. Reception area was so dated but quirky I liked it, the guy behind it, who also ran the bar and served the food and did 100 and 1 other things made it for us, nothing was too much trouble. Our room was huge and did not smell the bedding was clean, it was not the ritz but hey we did not pay Ritz prices. We walked through park to Bradford City Centre takes about 35 mins but a very interesting walk so didnt notice the time!! Bradford is an amazing city, Media Museum is a must and the Town Hall and Cathedral. Soltaire is one of the most interesting places ever been to, you must go!

Thank you for making our break a pleasure.

Room Tip: We had a voucher but paid an extra £35 to upgrade to better room, well worth it.
1 Thank TheOldCroque
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Booked a 2 night stay with living social voucher.
Initial problems:
Large stain on ceiling
Bathroom smelled of sewerage
Paper thin walls and door to next room! - unfortunately next door to someone who spent most of the time swearing at his partner and had telly really loud, unable to sleep till after midnight both nights - did complain but told nothing could be done and he has stayed before and had similar complaints!
PLEASE READ THIS:
On checkout, given bill for meal which was included in voucher. On presenting the voucher although clearly stated was told it was incorrect and I would have to pay. Spoke to manager on phone (name not given), was told that they had an ongoing problem with these vouchers and that they had this problem on a weekly basis! When asked why I wasn't told this at time of booking, on arrival etc was told it was not his problem. Incidentally when my wife called to make booking she was asked which day would we like our meal! I was then told that if I did not pay the police would be called, he also mentioned that in this situation he sometimes came to the hotel to block our exit!
Please avoid this conman if you are planning on an enjoyable experience.
This put a real dampener on my birthday getaway.

Room Tip: Room 204 is the room I stayed in, never mind avoiding the room avoid the hotel!
3 Thank dave111222333