“Overpriced for the quality” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford

Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
southampton
“Overpriced for the quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Stayed here for my brothers wedding, the reception was held at the hotel.I would not recommend it.The whole place seems geared towards weddings.This made it extremely noisey, I was there for a wedding so cant really complain.But if you wanted a quiet country stay look elsewhere.There were about 10 shouting kids running up and down the halls and reception until midnight.
My room when I checked in was rather dirty and in need of repairs.The taps on the bath/shower were not attached to the wall, and the soap dish was falling off the wall.One of the lamps in my room appeared to have been vomited on ( I kid you not, ill try to upload a pic) and had a brief wipe, but still had hair stuck to it.The stain was the size of a dinner plate and was speckled with paint spatters.I wasnt brave enough to turn it on incase it caused a smell.In general the room was dirty, hair in the bath, dirty fixtures n fittings.Bedding was clean thank god.
The staff seemed friendly enough, and gave good service.But did seem more occupied with the weddings than anything else.
Overall I think it was way overpriced due to the poor state of the interior.I have stayed in far nicer places for half the price.

I have seen the manager actually reply to these reviews, so this next part is for he/she.
It is your and your staffs job to deal with these issues PRIOR to paying guests checking in.Not to comment on reviews blaming customers for not complaining.The lamp in my room was absolutely disgusting, there is no way housekeeping did not know about it, it was the first thing I saw.The bathroom fixtures again must have been known they're hanging off the wall.This is unacceptable when there are other hotels nearby that are half the price ( I checked out my brothers room at your competition TL rooms were better).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mia_noisia
Matt G, Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your balanced and constructive feedback of your stay with us while attending your brothers wedding at the Hotel.

I would like to apologize that are normal high standards of cleanliness have slipped on this isolated occasion. Based on your feedback I have already spoken to are Head Housekeeper to prevent this incident from happening again.

We are also undertaking later on this year a refurbishment programme for the Hotel to include all 53 bedrooms.

When you visit the area next year, I would you to restore your faith in the Hotel and stay with us in a newly refurbishment Hotel Bedrooms. Please book direct with the Hotel for the best deals available.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Matthew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

My husband and i got married here on the 16th August, we had the courtyard suite down stairs as i fell in love with it the first time we went!
Melissa is a diamond she organised everything in the run up to the wedding, everything went off jus as it should!
Wen we got there the room was so gawjus and set up amazin!
The food was lovely the 3 course meal was beautiful also the buffet at night was lovely!
The only down side for us was our DJ, he sat in the bar drinkin with the DJ from upstairs and he had to be asked about 7 times for the first dance to be put on!
He dint ruin our day though nothing could!
lovely place to get married, lovely staff, lovely hotel 5 star in my eyes!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matt G, Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Sam,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your wedding day at our Hotel.

I will pass on your thanks onto the team.

We wish you all the best for the future and we hope to see you returning to the Hotel very soon. Why not come back for a nice Sunday Lunch with your family pre booking is advised.

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Holiday Inn as wedding guests to a friends wedding. On booking the room we were told it was the last room available and to be honest we didn't know what to expect.
On arriving to the hotel , I was shocked at what a lovely Holiday inn it was!!! In a lovely setting and grounds , very large car park ( there were 2 weddings on and still loads of Parking free) very nice reception area and the gentleman on reception was very good.
We got our room key and went up to the room on the first floor, same floor as the function room.
I had read some reviews before on the hotel and one says if you aren't part of a function that's going on you won't sleep but this is untrue , we weren't far from the function and we couldn't hear a thing!
We arrived in our room to find a sofa , double bed and a nice size bathroom! It was a suite! To say we had paid £50 bed and breakfast it was a bargain for what we got!
The room was very clean , the bed was comfy and breakfast in the morning was very good! Normal full english and all the trimmings plus cereals. We had a brilliant stay , would def go back again and stay ! But there is 1 thing......... The price of drinks. We attended a wedding and a round for me and my husband having a pint of larger and myself a mixer and coke it was £7.80 ! It would be nice if they could reduce the price of drinks for function , 20% off the normal price would see takings over the bar a lot higher but I guess been a captive audience they can charge what they like.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Matt G, Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Liz,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

I wanted to write a review to say how amazing mine and my husbands wedding was here on the 21st of July. Melissa who organised everything in the run up is awesome at what she does and Mary who ran our day was a complete star. Everything just happened as it should have! And was even more beautiful and special than I had imagined. It might be a holiday inn but they provide service over and beyond the expectations of a 5 star boutique hotel when it comes to a wedding. The food was fantastic, so much so even my sister in law left a review for them based on it! And although I was too busy dancing to have any of the evening buffet I am told it was the best one a lot of my guests had ever seen, it definitely smelt good but I was stuffed from the wedding breakfast! The grounds are stunning for photographs too don't be fooled by anybody who says otherwise. There's tonnes of gardens and pretty trees and we went in the field next door at one point haha. More than anything I wanted to thank Melissa, Mary, Tony (he was on reception the morning of the wedding and gave us our first show round before we booked the venue and I think he's lovely) and the rest of the team for such a wonderful day and some amazing memories. From Mr and Mrs Firth xx

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Hannah,

Thank you first of all for your review of your wedding with us and choosing us as your wedding venue.

Once again congratulations from all the Team at the Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, we wish you all the best for the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

As settings for Holiday Inns go this converted vicarage breaks the mould, it's beautiful countryside location certainly sets it apart. With well appointed rooms and staff that tend to your every need the hotel is first rate. While it has several functions running you never feel second class. The breakfast, dinner and room service experience is of high quality with menus that tailor to carnivore and vegetarian alike.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Matt G, Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kinds words during your recent stay with us.

We really do appreciate your feedback; I will pass your comments onto the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Stay at this hotel regularly, it has a great service. The hotel is clean and comfortable and is located in the lovely village of tong with nice views and walks. The rooms don't have air con so summer nights can be a little warm.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind words from your recent stay with us.

We have gone through a warm period in Yorkshire recently to combat this for the future. The Hotel is undertaking a refurbishment programme at the end of this year including all of our bedrooms and also installing an air conditioning system in each bedroom.

We look forward to seeing you next summer in our air conditioned bedrooms.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Location is the forte of this hotel as it lies in quiet and pleasant countryside rather than in a city-centre or beside a busy road.

Rooms are the usual standard and food is neither bad, nor exceptional. What is exceptional is the price of wine with your meal. At nearly £8 for a 250ml glass of Merlot, it's well-worth sneaking a supermarket bottle to your room!! Even in the southeast you wouldn't pay so much for a glass of wine.

I would stay and eat here again, but would stick on the tap water.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for recent review of your stay at our Hotel. We are set in a lovely countryside backdrop and with being only 10 minutes drive from Leeds City centre we are set in an ideal location.

We constantly review our Bar prices against are competitors and we are actually very reasonably priced compared to other Hotels.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel very soon.

Matthew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford
Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre
Jurys Inn Bradford
Jurys Inn Bradford
#4 of 27 in Bradford
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,196 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford? Share your experiences!