“Wedding day excellent - service not so good ....”

Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford
Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
Shipley, West Yorkshire
“Wedding day excellent - service not so good ....”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We recently celebrated my mums wedding day at the Holiday Inn - the day was excellent, the stay not so great. Pre wedding was excellent Melissa was very helpful and kept in contact with both me and my mum in the run up to the wedding. However on the day of the wedding, check in was a mess - we were told prior we might be able to check in earlier than 2pm as the wedding was at 3.30pm however this was not the case. We asked at reception at 1pm and was told it would be 20 min wait - 1hr later we got into the room. The person on reception was not very helpful. They then mixed one of the rooms up after I had explained which room was for whom - but then insisted that she could not release a room before taking payment in which the bride ended up sorting out. My room was ok classed as an exec room on the 2 nd floor but not very exec to me apart from size. The tv had a large crack on it and looked like it had been knocked over previously, the bathroom taps, mirror and shaving mirror needs attention very old looking and rusty. The complimentary water and chocolate was missing the chocolate!!!!! The day went off as planned, and Carole was a great support throughout the day, I would say though more staff needed to help with room changes Carole was on her own, our wedding photographer ended up helping with moving chairs. One thing that let it down for some guests is they experienced noise from other guests after 1am - we had people running in the corridor and continuing their party until breakfast time!!!!! I appreciate people want to have fun, but there is a limit!!!! Breakfast was self service and although great I think their plates shrunk in the dishwasher. Having stayed and got married myself here I am sorry to say the standards are slipping and attention to detail like decor and cleanliness is also slipping. For the money paid myself and other guests have stayed in lower valued establishments and experienced better service. Having read other reviews it would be great if the person responding actually read the comments and responds accordingly.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank TJCrazycards
Matt G, Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback from your mums wedding day .I can assure you that we have taken on board all your comments .

Check in is from 2pm I am sorry If you thought our service we provided for this is not up to standard.

The chocolate bars and water you did not receive, we could have rectified this straight away for you by letting reception know, we would have sent them up straight away with are apologies.

Based on your feedback I have given my maintenance manager your concerns from the bedroom you stayed in to rectify these problems straight away.

I am pleased to hear your great feedback about Carol who was running the wedding. I can assure you the function was staffed for the numbers attended.

We do aim to give each guest an exceptional customer service and since last year are feedback on trip advisor has improved and we have moved from 22nd out of 30 hotels to 12th out of 30 hotels with better results than most four stay hotels within the area and we have also achieved a certificate of excellence for 2013 based on guest reviews.

Once again my apologies for the issues you experienced and I hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Matthew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
leeds
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We decided to have our wedding breakfast & evening reception here. We took advantage of the offer 40 day guests & 70 evening guests. We were given good service from the start by Melisa.
We had family from Leeds, York, Scotland so it was important it was well located.
For both my nights at the hotel I stayed in room 6 executive suite it was very nice 2 double beds a sofa, walk in wardrobe 2 TV's. Very nice. Could have had a bit more in mini bar instead of just a kitkat.... only grumble
We also had a disabled room for both night s for one of the party and Kirsty from reception gave us a spare key for emergency's which was very useful Thank you.
The day of the wedding was fantastic both Matt and mary were excellent.
The dj we had was the boss and he was fantastic. The food through out was excellent.
Thank you to the bar man who stayed up Friday and Saturday to the early hours of the mornings SORRY!!! but THANK YOU.
I would recommend having a wedding here, and we will be back for breaks.
Well done team Holiday inn. Thank you
Simon & Adele

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank adele h
Matt G, Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Adele,

Thank you for your feedback from your wedding day with us. I will pass on your great feedback onto the team. We wish you all the best for the future from all of us at the Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel very soon. Book direct with the Hotel for the best Bedrooms deals available.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Our trip was staying over in Leeds for a friends 30th birthday weekend. The hotel had very good customer service. We had booked one of the suite rooms that came with a free bottle of wine. Although customer service were great checking us in, they forgot about our wine but once prompted brought this up to our room straight away.
Good night sleep at the hotel and was set in a area which was good for walks in the morning. In some areas, the hotel seemed a bit dated but overall was a good experience.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Matt G, Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear James,

Thank you for taking the time to post your from your stay with us. We are set in the beautiful village of Tong Just outside Leeds. There are some great walks available around the village, and surrounding area, just ask reception on your next visit for further details.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely stay here, everything was spotless with really friendly staff always willing to help. The receptionists are welcoming and cope well under pressure.
Would recommend this hotel to any one looking for a business or pleasure stay

Stayed November 2013
Matt G, Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kinds words from your recent stay with us.

leeds
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Me and my partner stayed in the executive suite for 1 night the room was basic but clean and consisted of a lounge area with flat-screen TV and a separate bedroom area with flat-screen and en-suite bathroom.The bed was extremely comfortable, the only let down being that the room was dated and could do with refurbish. We had a drink in the bar downstairs and it was only one, a pint of becks vier been 3.70, and a double baileys wait for it, 11 quid yes 11 quid daylight robbery. Bearing in mind its just been on offer in Morrisons were my partner bought several bottles for £9 a litre. Sufficed to say we soon went to bed still dumbfounded with shock by the bombshell that befell us in the bar. The next day we had breakfast which i must say was a lovely continental selection followed by an ordered cooked English breakfast very nice.
The grounds are lovely and the hotel itself is a old country house set in the quaint village of tong. I would of given this hotel a five star only i thought the price of certain things very overrated and overcharged for what they were.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Matt G, Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear John,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review from your stay at the Hotel.

We constantly Monitor are Bar prices and are very competitive against other hotels within the area.

Why not come back for a Christmas Party night this year at the Hotel, where the drinks are all inclusive in the price, and all you need is your taxi fare home.

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

Out in the sticks which is fine and clots to the Nawab which was good. No iron or board when I got there so when I asked at reception was told oooo not sure that we have any spare. Told them I needed a shirt and one was there when I got back from dinner. Old guy on reception was annoying and expected more as a platinum member but seems like I was putting them out with every query.

• Stayed September 2013
Matt G, Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your balanced feedback from your stay with us. As a Hotel we pride ourselves on delivering great customer service to all of our guests.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Frimley Green, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is pretty much a standard Holiday Inn, but two things make it stand out when I need to do business in Leeds. Firstly, the staff are friendly and helpful; secondly, the location is picturesque and peaceful.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Matt G, Manager at Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Dear Tony,

We appreciate your feedback from your stay with us. Our priority is to deliver exceptional customer service, which includes that Great Yorkshire welcome to all of our guests.

Matthew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford
Holiday Inn Express Bradford City Centre
Best Western Plus Cedar Court Hotel
Premier Inn Bradford Central Hotel
Premier Inn Leeds South (Birstall) Hotel
Hollins Hall Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Leeds Bradford? Share your experiences!