“Probably the quirkiest in Bradford and definitely friendly”

The New Beehive Inn
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Bradford
London
“Probably the quirkiest in Bradford and definitely friendly”
Reviewed 28 December 2010

I chose the new beehive inn over the other bland chain hotels because i always seek out the unusual and preferably quirky - i researched it online - chose well - and would definitely stay there again.

As a single woman travelling alone I enjoyed the friendly atmospheric bar, real ale, original features, wood panelling, dimmed French bar style lighting and a welcoming open fire. Local drinkers at the bar gave me excellent advice on the best Indian restaurants, two of which were within a stone's throw and which i'd already researched online. I was on a course, stayed Monday and Tuesday night, and appreciate that it could be noisy at the weekend but that's obvious if you decide to stay at a pub.

This was my first time in Bradford and i enjoyed the company of everyone i met at the Inn. Breakfast was fine. Good bed. Shower slightly unpredictable but i got used to it. Appreciated the wi-fi.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2010

We stayed for two nights with friends - the landlord (William) was very genial and the staff were friendly. Live music was played but this did not detract from the excellent nights' sleep enjoyed by all of us.
This place has quality, local ales and interesting customers. The gaslight bar with real fire was lovely after a day walking the hills around Bradford. This place needs to be celebrated.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2010

I spent a couple of nights here as I was attending a course at Bradford Royal Infirmary and wanted to stay somewhere other than the usual Holiday Inn type of place. I was attracted by the description of the gaslit, Edwardian interior and real ale!

My room was huge and very comfy, with very crisp clean sheets and free Wifi. It was also nice and warm, despite the cold weather outside, and there was piping hot water on demand so I could have a bath as soon as I got back from the hospital.

I had breakfast on both days and it was a delight, everything was cooked fresh with lovely ingredients and the staff were very attentive and made sure that I had everything I needed. The table was all laid out beautifully too, with the butter and jam in little dishes - it's details like this that make things more special. I sat in the bar for a bit on the Thursday night and tried some of the fab real ales, and it's very atmospheric with the gaslights though I was a bit disappointed that the fire wasn't lit, especially as it was so cold outside.

I had a wonderful peaceful night's sleep on the Thursday night. Sadly, I couldn't sleep at all on the Friday night because there was a band playing downstairs and it was incredibly noisy. I spoke to the manager the next morning and he seemed very concerned and said he would have moved me to a room in another part of the hotel if I had gone to see him. The noise was due to a band which had been booked for Halloween - had I not been on a course on Saturday morning I would have gone down to join in the festivities.

All in all, apart from the noise I had a lovely comfy stay and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank AnnaToni
cheshire
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Well, arrived and hoped for so much. My group stayed for 3 nights and we had breakfast every morning, well its a good job the company paid because The New Beehive Inn should have paid me to stay there. The fist breakfast had no bacon/sausage, second day had no beans or toast and on the last day still no toast....no toast unbelievable. I am sure it must be used as an half way house because we had a smack head of a women in the room next to us who we avoided like the plague, she seemed to just step out of her room when one of our group left our room. Oh i nearly forgot to mention the prostitute's who are a 20 second walk just down the road. Would i stay again mmmmmmm let me think about that one

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
beehiveBradford, Owner at The New Beehive Inn, responded to this review, 20 October 2010
I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We offered you a full breakfast in the morning and we are sorry if the type of toast you preferred was not provided, although croissants and bagels were available as well as toasted teacakes. I am also sorry if the lady in the room next to you made you feel uncomfortable but we do not discriminate between which guests we allow to stay here based on looks. Your remark was extremely insulting to her. In regards to your other concern we are situated just outside of a busy town centre and any prostitution that is taking place in the town is outside our control. However we take a very strong stand against this and do not allow this to occur around our property.
I hope this addresses your issues.
William

Travellers are raving about these Bradford hotels

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Lovely pub, great atmosphere and good food. I thought that the b and b was very good value, and the staff were so friendly and helpful that I'll definitely be back. Nothing was too much trouble. Beer was good too! The room was big, well decorated, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was everything you would want, and they went out of their way to sort out a very early morning spread just for me.
A pub with real character and a story round every corner.
Definitely so much better than the hotel chains!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Lincolnshire
Reviewed 20 April 2010

We stayed for a weekend as we were visiting our daughter who is at uni in Bradford - plus point it's very near the uni. It is a big old pub with traditional gaslights which are quite quant and keep the bar areas warm. Basically, if you want a good traditional British pub serving great real ales with live music in a proper old pub then this place is great.
Accommodation wise I don't think they can be bothered - it's just a little side line alongside the real business of running a pub and that shows. They don't do food and that includes breakfast (though you might book it/ask for it no-one will actually be bothered to organise this for you). The room was clean but dilapidated - bathroom ancient and decrepit, bedroom had the wind blowing the curtains and was very cold.
Not terrible but not great either

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Notts
Reviewed 17 April 2010

The hotel itself was quite nice, but I didn't get a full night's sleep on any of the 3 nights I stayed there. The first night was hampered by an alarm noise (I couldn't tell where it was coming from and was too tired to find out!) which was stopped at about 2am after a LOT of banging and shouting by some drunk sounding men. The second and third nights were disrupted by the noise of the TV from a room next door. The first time it was on all night at a very loud volume, and not turned off until 6am. I did sleep through it for a few hours though! On my third night I was so fed up I banged the walls at about 2:30am when I couldn't stand the sound of "Masterchef" coming through the walls!!! It did quieten down eventually. I would only stay here again if I wasn't in town to work. I really needed some sleep, and didn't get much at all! On a more positive note, the 2 members of staff I encountered were very pleasant and helpful. But I didn't get fresh towels or replenished tea and coffee supplies for my third night, which was a shame and didn't help my mood after my lack of sleep! Overall not a great experience, but would try again sometime as the room was very comfortable and due to my working hours, I didn't get a chance to make the most of sleeping above a real ale pub!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business