“Food quality has gone downhill”
Review of Mumtaz Restaurant

Mumtaz Restaurant
Ranked #129 of 737 Restaurants in Bradford
Price range: US$49 - US$49
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My family and I regulars at this restaurant and have been for a number of years. Since most of the staff recognise us, our service is generally of good quality.

The food on the other hand is a different story. Over the years the cost of the meal has increased, the portions have decreased and taste is a mixed bag dependent on the day you visit.

My wife and I have dined at many restaurants and I have to say that some of the best meals have been at other restauranst that are cheaper in cost yet the food they serve are much better in quality and taste. I agree with some of the reviews regarding the lamb chops which are tiny compared to some restaurants I have eaten at.

The Mumtaz has plenty of families and couples visiting and I feel they need to ensure that the food quality matches their prices as they will end up losing custom to their competitors.

A final point about alcohol, one of the reviews stated that alcohol is allowed on the premises. Well, in all the years I have dined here, no customer is allowed to buy or consume alocohol in the Mumtaz.

3  Thank ZamyH

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The food has no taste it is very bland and they do not cater for people with different taste, my mum could cook better than Mumtaz food. I am disappointed that Mumtaz allow alcohol in the building where as other restaurants up and down Great Horton road don't so I am very disappointed, also the service was very slow and I had to call the waiters instead of them coming up to me and my family. The only thing me and my family liked were the deserts. NOT great much improvement needed to make it into a full family restaurant.

2  Thank Kash91
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We came to Mumtaz, expecting it to be a brilliant, high quality restraunt, however, we were sorely disappointed.

When we sat down, we had our our order ready, but we ended up waiting for around 20 mins until anybody came over.

When they finally took our order, we were waiting in a loud restraunt for ~55 mins until out starters and drinks arrived. The drinks were warm and unchilled.

We had chopps, and they were the smallest I have ever seen, and there was only like 3 on the plate. We finished then in a few minutes, and the rest of our plate had been loaded with lettuce. My friend also ordered paneer, and it was dry, hard and plain. It put her off the main meal food.

We then had to wait another 20-30 mins until the main arrived. When it did, the chicken curry was OK, but not great. The paneer curry that we ordered was horrible and we had about 2 spoons before leaving the rest.

The only tasty food we ordered was the Paya, which we found really tasty! It was well flavoured, and the only thing we enjoyed here.

I want you to know that the service in your restraunt was terrible. The waiters were rude and didn't bother to ask us how our meal was. They didn't stop to ask us about the food, or even smile as they bought it to us.

When we finished our food, instead of a waiter coming to let us pay at our table (as most restraunts normally do) they made us go up to the counter at the front to pay the bill.

Overall, our experience was not very good, and we won't be coming back again.

5  Thank mfizah
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I am a regular at Mumtaz, I aim to go at least once a week and I'm never disappointed. The Lamb Karahi is quality along with the Methi Chicken and Fish Karahi. The food is consistently good and I would highly recommend Mumtaz.

3  Thank Nakul_Patel
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I come from Bradford. I have eaten Indian and Pakistani food in just about every restaurant here since 1975. Amazingly, this was my first time at Mumtaz. Wow! I was expecting the world. My friends, this was the worst food and restaurant experience of my life. The starters were 40 minutes in coming, and when they came, they were terrible. Dry, tiny lamb chops shared the plate with dry, huge, all bone and no meat chicken tikka. The shami kebabs were indescribable really. I'll try. They were like wallpaper paste. With an egg on top! The waiter said they were onion bhajis which says all you need to say about the service. They were rude and completely out of their depth. The mains were no better. Overpriced, under seasoned and very ordinary. And the best bit? You have to queue for 15 minutes to pay!

6  Thank Insearchoftheperfect