“Great food but slow service and no atmosphere”
Review of Mumtaz Restaurant

Mumtaz Restaurant
Ranked #137 of 717 Restaurants in Bradford
Price range: US$49 - US$49
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Despite the food being great the whole experience was let down by the poor organisation of service. The restaurant was aware of our large group booking yet the service did not pick up until more staff started shift as did the atmosphere. Good food good value overall and will go again but probably later in the evening.

3  Thank IanDavidHalstead
There are newer reviews for Mumtaz Restaurant

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Four of us for went for an evening meal to the 'Mumtaz' on Wednesday 21st May 2014.
All of us are elderly experienced Indian & Pakistani food lovers.

We hope our short honest review will be helpful to both the Mumtaz staff and all visiting diners:-

There is a large car park further up the main road within easy short distance allocated to this restaurant. The Mumtaz interior décor and lighting is very pleasing and everything appears very clean. Nice tables and comfortable chairs.We were allocated a table/chairs by the window.
We were very impressed by our waiter 'Muzamil,' a friendly, knowledgeable courteous staff member and 'Awais' (the Manager) who looked after us during the evening.

Our starters arrived : Pappadums & Pickles selection, Seekh Kebabs and meat Samosas, which were all very good indeed, fresh, hot, and perfectly spiced and beautifully cooked. We all remarked to each other how outstanding the meat Samosas were. Really superb, the best that I have ever tasted - perfect crisp pastry with a delicious generous meat filling
Our main courses were:- Chicken Tikka Herbie (each) Karahi Lamb masala Desi (on the bone) Karahi Lamb (off the bone) plus Aloo Gobi and Karahi Daal together with Boiled rice and Plain Parathas. We enjoyed the Chicken Tikka Herbie and we all thought that this was the outstanding 'star meal' of the evening (not forgetting those wonderful meat Samoses) The Kulfis, Coffees, Mint tea and 2 Moktas ('Late night in Lahore') were a perfect finish to our enjoyable evening

Please note: On a couple of slightly negative points we all thought there was a little too much oil in the 2 Lamb dishes & Aloo Gobi, and I personally thought that the Daal was slightly over-salted.

Many thanks to the Manager, 'Awais' and our waiter, 'Muzamil' in making our evening so enjoyable.No doubt we will be returning to the 'Mumtaz' in the near future.
Review by:- Mr & Mrs A.L & Mr & Mrs P.G

2  Thank Anthony L
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Visited Mumtaz with family, excellent food and service to match it. Quality food and reasonably priced. Highly recommended and definatly will be going back again.

1  Thank Jeff0774
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My family and I regulars at this restaurant and have been for a number of years. Since most of the staff recognise us, our service is generally of good quality.

The food on the other hand is a different story. Over the years the cost of the meal has increased, the portions have decreased and taste is a mixed bag dependent on the day you visit.

My wife and I have dined at many restaurants and I have to say that some of the best meals have been at other restauranst that are cheaper in cost yet the food they serve are much better in quality and taste. I agree with some of the reviews regarding the lamb chops which are tiny compared to some restaurants I have eaten at.

The Mumtaz has plenty of families and couples visiting and I feel they need to ensure that the food quality matches their prices as they will end up losing custom to their competitors.

A final point about alcohol, one of the reviews stated that alcohol is allowed on the premises. Well, in all the years I have dined here, no customer is allowed to buy or consume alocohol in the Mumtaz.

3  Thank ZamyH
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The food has no taste it is very bland and they do not cater for people with different taste, my mum could cook better than Mumtaz food. I am disappointed that Mumtaz allow alcohol in the building where as other restaurants up and down Great Horton road don't so I am very disappointed, also the service was very slow and I had to call the waiters instead of them coming up to me and my family. The only thing me and my family liked were the deserts. NOT great much improvement needed to make it into a full family restaurant.

2  Thank Kash91