“SUPER LITTLE CAFE!”

Guzelian Cafe Bar Gallery
Reserve with OpenTable
Guzelian Cafe Bar Gallery is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 818 Restaurants in Bradford
Price range: US$4 - US$12
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Guzelian Cafe Bar and Gallery in Little Germany – Bradford’s historic merchants’ quarter. Call in for breakfast, lunch or tapas – all freshly cooked behind the bar – or relax with a fresh-ground coffee, glass of wine or tasty real ale… while appreciating the stunning photography on the walls from the Guzelian press agency located directly above. We’re just two minutes’ walk from the Broadway shopping centre and across the way from Bradford Cathedral.
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Relaxed, comfortable, open, clean & very, very nice! All these things make this a great place for a breakfast stop...we could even bring our well behaved dog too! (did call to check before turning up) I had spanish eggs, partner had eggs royale with a side portion of black pudding. 3 coffees and a pot of tea and the bill was tiny! Double that in Leeds!
I want to go later in the day as the cakes looked stupendous too!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Guzelian Cafe Bar is a hidden gem in Bradford's historic Little Germany. A cosy place with a great atmosphere and good service. We had lunch and choose the paninis which had great flavours then after a couple of hours ten pin bowling and drinks elsewhere we returned for superb tapas, fresh food, great flavours.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Matthew's C
Reviewed 26 July 2018

Had lunch here today for the first time as I was on a course up the road. At 1pm they had run out of halloumi which was my first choice of sandwich so after some deliberation I opted for the hot chicken chorizo mozzarella and pesto sandwich. Classic combo so safe bet I thought. It cost a little more to eat in, but the menu said it came with kettle chips and salad so wasn’t too bothered paying the extra. When it came there was a salad garnish but no kettle chips. I asked about the chips, and the waitress said she knew the menu said it came with them but they don’t serve them any more and just give more salad instead. I looked at the paltry few leaves on my plate and wondered how this could be the bigger version of salad, and secondly how the chips were still on the menu - surely the menu should reflect what is actually served? The sandwich itself contained a decent sized piece of chicken (though a little tough in places), chorizo, a little mozzarella, and to my surprise, sweet chilli sauce instead of pesto! Not a combination I was expecting or would have chosen. I don’t particularly like sweet chilli sauce and certainly not combined with chorizo and mozzarella! If I had had more time i would have sent it back. As I paid at the till the waitress asked if everything was ok, so I queried why the sandwich had sweet chilli sauce instead of pesto. She looked a little confused, glanced at the ‘chef’ and started to say “it might have changed...” and then said she normally has it with pesto herself so didn’t know why mine was different. She said she would make sure I got pesto next time!!! I am not sure why she thought there would be a next time as I don’t usually go back to places where I have had a poor experience. What a shame, Bradford isn’t exactly overrun with independent ‘continental style’ cafe bars like this, and the concept and menu is very appealing, but arbitrarily altering the dish without informing the customer of the changes being made is unacceptable. And as such I can’t recommend this place to my colleagues, or anyone else for that matter. Sorry Guzelian but you need to get your act together or you will have many more dissatisfied customers.

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank Alison H
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

This is a little gem of a place near the cathedral, a stones throw away from the Broadway Centre. My daughter and I had a lovely lunch served with freshly squeezed orange juice. They offer an extensive, tasty, healthy menu and provide an excellent friendly service. When next visiting the Broadway Centre I will be sure to eat there again. Can't recommend highly enough.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Went here with friends from work. The tapas menu was brilliant, with plenty of choice. The scallops and prawns were the pick of the menu, but it was all good. Tried 10 different dishes between us, not one disappointed. You can sit outside, which would be nice on a sunny day. Inside there is limited space, but it was quiet when we ate, so no problem. The interior is clean and modern looking with a pleasant atmosphere. Service was good and the food was excellent value for money. They also had some decent draft beer with a good choice of wines. This venue is perfect for lunch or early evening drinks and tapas with friends.

Date of visit: June 2018