“Mama Mia’s”

Ranked #48 of 800 Restaurants in Bradford
Price range: US$6 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mamma Mia Bradford is a traditional family-run Italian restaurant that's been serving outstanding food and a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere for over 30 years. We now have a custom built wood-fired oven - the only one in a Bradford restaurant. This means we're making the most authentic Neapolitan Pizzas you'll ever taste. Imported Italian ingredients of the highest quality, prepared by our own Neapolitan chefs. We feel that this, added to our already great reputation for superb steaks, seafood, pasta and vegetarian dishes makes us Bradford's 'restaurant for everyone'. Come along and give Mamma Mia a try soon!
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I meet some friends here I have to say I/we were disappointed we were shown to incorrect table ok but didn’t seem that busy. Then when food came it didn’t look that good really ‘a mess’ on a plate with something sticking out of the pasta? I think £17 seemed a bit high price for what we good really. Sad to say don’t think bother going back.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Visited what is a popular choice for us as a relaxed option both for last minute 'can't be bothered to cook' and 'special night out' situations. This time was as a precursor to a theatre evening.

Taking the excellent value early bird options my partner chose the perennial mozzarella in carrozza which was exceptional, and I opted for the pork ribs. They were magnificent! Tasty with just the correct hint of tarragon to give a delightful aniseedy flavour - the sauce mopped up by bread always supplied at the table.

Again my wife went for her regular choice of lasagne which unusually for mamma's was not served in a gratin dish but directly on to the plate. The appearance was pleasing but that bubbling sauce experience was sadly missing.

I chose the sicilian pizza topped with red onion and chili's. It was certainly attractive but the onions were still almost raw. Despite the chili's it was somewhat lacking in depth of flavour and I left a significant portion of the filled area simply because it wasn't exciting me enough.

As ever the staff were welcoming and friendly - they truly are an asset to this family restaurant - but on this occasion the main courses didn't quite make it for us.

We will be back as I consider this to be no more than a blip in an otherwise enviable record of quality and service. And those ribs - wow!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We came for a family meal and we weren't disappointed. The food was excellent and the service was brilliant

Reviewed 26 May 2018

Today I was let down by the staff and management of one of my oldest eating haunts in Bradford, after over 30 years of visiting this place and recommending it to many of my friends they let me down by serving undercooked food and then attempted to waffle me about how it was supposed to be that way, well sorry but I have been in the catering business for years and that feeble excuse was rubbish. All this could have been avoided if the slack waitress had reported our complaint to the management but it was only when I pushed to talk to the management that they had to tell him and he had to come up with an excuse on the spot, as expected much culinary waffle followed and the result was half eaten food, no discount for said food, lost customers a no more recommendations ever, poor show Mamma get proper staff.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

My wife and I moved away from Bradford over 20 years ago and before we left we used to visit Mamma Mia's on special occasions as we really liked this restaurant for the terrific food, friendly service that we received as and when we went out for a meal as a couple or with friends. Anyway we were back in Bradford this week and we were very happy to find that Mamma Mia's is still open albeit now being run by the next generations of the family and I am very glad to advise that nothing has changed as the food and the friendly service is as good now as it was 20 years ago. I would gladly recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a really good night out which includes having a meal as a couple or with a group of family or friends.