“Misleading”
Review of Sol Mexican Grill - CLOSED

Sol Mexican Grill
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I found a nice looking Mexican restaurant on TripAdvisor, to break up a few Indian meals I had had, while staying away with work.
I found the place, with Sombreros' on the wall, Mexican décor, etc. There was a sign on the door that said "we proudly accept all major cards, including American Express, MasterCard and Visa".
All good signs for a work meal.

It turns out this is now another Indian resturant, tandoor style.
When I came to pay, they would not accept card (though did reduce my bill as I only had a few £ in cash with me). They also struggled to understand what I meant by a "reciept". I ended up with a pad I filled out myself.

So the food was OK, but this place is not Mexican. And there were no Churrus, that other reviewers raved about :(.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Great service although we were the only customers. Nicely decorated and a pleasant atmosphere. Food was piping hot and tasty. Drinks menu was very limited and a small bottle of coke was expensive.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

We fancied a change to the usual while in Bradford yesterday (6 July 2017) and chose Sol Mexican Grill.

We are SO glad we did! We had mocktails (yum!), a shared starter (mmm), mains with a salad (dribble!) and a shared dessert of Churros (heaven!). All was freshly cooked, really tasty with great flavours and complimented each other really well - esp the drinks. You can have meals made as spicy as you like - we had a side dip of a fiery pepper sauce. Staff were lovely and not intrusive but responsive when we had a question.

What a pity there were so few people there! :-( There was only one other 'party' in while were there - yes it was a Wednesday night. Hopefully trade picks up for them at weekends.

We REALLY recommend this place! If you fancy a change, check them out! :-)

Sol M, Manager at Sol Mexican Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Many thanks your comments.

All the best from everyone at Sol Mexican Grill

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

The place is very clean and nice. But the food for my liking doesn't have enough flavour. If your wanting spicy food then this is not the place. The service is good.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

Visited Bradford again recently and where else would you go in Bradford when you've had a lot of curry recently and don't fancy a fake peri peri or a chillified shepherds pie.
Of course it has to be Sol Mexican Grill. I am happy to report that the food is as good as ever. This time round I opted for the classic mexican street food which in this case was a beef steak enchilada. I did'nt want a starter this time and liked the idea of having a mains and a dessert instead. So the Beef Steak Enchilada hit the spot, soft melt in your beef steak strips seasoned and smothered in a cheese and tomato sauce with drizzles of green salsa with a nice fresh chilli kick. Dessert was cake of the day which on my visit was a moist home made vanilla and chocolate cake with a scoop of ice cream to help it go down!! Come to think of it this is probably one the few places in Bradford that actually has fresh cake even though it's not a dessert shop. Most of the dessert shops round here sell cash n carry bought in cakes which are nowhere near as good as the real thing. So well done there Sol MG, youve got my vote again. Best wishes folks.