“Haworth Old Hall...Sun Street...Wonderfull Value..”

Haworth Old Hall Inn
Ranked #10 of 20 Haworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is a very nice and charming b/b,with very helpful staff,nothing seems to be any bother in helping guests,food is second to none,with a wide choice of menu,once again food waiting staff and bar staff,fall over themselfs to make sure you are well looked after,the room we had was a double,which was clean and very warm which gave us a very comfortable sleep,breakfast in bed was a very nice change,and served with a smile,real ales lots to choose from,and after a walk over the moors well worth it to sit down in front of a real log fire in the bar,cannot fault this b/b,and the wonderfull moors,and queint shops...regards,Mr.L.Gill.

Room Tip: Double Room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas P
JonnyPoulter, Manager at Haworth Old Hall Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Hello Mr Gill , thank you for such a positive review.
We're very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we always look forward to seeing you , hopefully next time over the christmas period.

There are newer reviews for Haworth Old Hall Inn

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed here overnight whilst attending an evening folk concert in the nearby village of Stanbury. I have visited this pub briefly, twice over the years and really enjoyed the meals, so I thought I'd now try the accommodation, which was a very reasonable £55 for single occupation of a double room.

I wasn't disappointed! There are only two rooms which meant it was very peaceful and quiet overnight. The fact that the room was above the bar area didn't pose any issues as this busy bar was full of diners and mature customers who were keeping their conversations to a reasonable level.

I was booked into room 2. I stayed on my own, but this room has a generous sized, comfy double bed. The bathroom was modern and the shower good with a nice range of quality toiletries provided, large fluffy towels and even bathrobes. There is even a large circular table in an alcove, which can be used for the in-room breakfast (I ate downstairs). There is a much greater range of drinks than is usually the case including hot chocolate and horlicks and the basket was very generously stocked. A range of biscuits and bottled water were also available which I wasn't expecting for the price I paid.

The room was clean and well maintained. It must be the first time I have stayed in a room with mullioned windows. These were very effective in keeping out the windy and rainy night outside.

The staff and owners were very friendly but unobtrusive. They were very understanding when I mentioned I wouldn't be back to the pub until around midnight and were prepared to wait up (as they need to secure the pub doors overnight).

Breakfast was equally excellent - I ordered orange juice, toast, tea and a very hearty traditonal English breakfast, which was made from good quality local produce. I ordered sausage, bacon, fried egg, black pudding, whole tomato, beans and mushrooms. A great start to the day.

Would definately consider again when next in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrewms14

Thanks for the glowing review , you'll have to visit our folk night next time you're in the area.
Last monday of the month , thank you for your feedback on the extra touches in the rooms , there's nothing worse than staying somewhere and having to ask for another teabag !

Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Many positives: accommodating staff- I arrived just at the close of service for food in the evening but was squeezed in, a very hearty breakfast in the morning to set one up; paid for a single but had a double ensuite which for £55 high season seems quite good value. An attractive, historic building with clean and comfy rooms and no skimping on the hospitality box in the room. Quiet and peaceful.Like the book share.
What I would have liked: an earlier option than 9pm for breakfast -surely walkers etc. want to make an earlier start? The veggie burger I had seemed a little over-priced for what it was, but that does sound a little ungrateful as I appreciate I would have been ordering takeaway in... To know a little more about the history - In their blurb there is only a tantalising one-line reference to their mentions in Bronte novels, but would expect they might have pushed this in a little more detail considering the main purpose of being here (one would assume) is to soak up Bronte history. Minor grumble since I can ask at the museum.

Room Tip: hunt around online for best prices- this is quite competitively priced for a 4* in the holidays, bu...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
JonnyPoulter, Manager at Haworth Old Hall Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Hello and thank you for your positive review.

Lots of nice things said which we appreciate

We don't make too much of the connection with the Bronte Parsonage as we aren't really linked other than being in the same village.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Once again an amazing stay at Haworth old hall! They never fail to disappoint!
The rooms are beautiful and the views breathtaking!
We ate in the restaurant and the food was first class! I had the cod loin which was just beautiful and my other half had the good old gammon steak. The service was impeccable and I just loved the relaxed friendly family atmosphere I will definitely be back thank you so much old hall :)

• Stayed: July 2013

Thanks Kirsty , we are one big happy family (really) here.
Lovely comments and i know we'll see you soon as you've already booked.

Again , thanks for taking the time with the review.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

I had a lovely weekend staying here with my partner, he proposed near the Bronte's house which is a really beautiful area with so much history.

We had already checked in and after becoming engaged came back to the room, of which there in only 2 which made it very quiet. The staff had put out rose petals and champagne on ice, it looked beautiful in what was already pretty room. The main room has a separate dining section with a bay window to the front of the inn, it has amazing views of the countryside.

For an evening meal we looked at places nearby within driving distance but the reviews of the food here and the menu looked so nice that we had both lunch and dinner here. It was excellent food, good sized sandwiches and homemade chips to a excellent 3 course dinner in the evening. The table in the evening was also decorated with candles and hearts, it was a lovely touch.

We had breakfast brought up to the room, you could pick from the menu and order by placing it on the card the night before. I had a full English with croissant and jam instead on toast. It was a great breakfast and nice to be able to eat in the room with a dinning area and excellent views.

I cannot fault the service as well the staff were friendly and attended to everything that we needed. Haworth itself was lovely a really nice little village, the Bronte museum was full of history and so interesting to look around. And the steam train trip as its all really local was really beautiful.

All in all a magical weekend, which would not have been possible without this great Inn/ Restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank feosulli

Overwhelmed .
Great review , thank you so much.
We really do enjoy looking after people here from myself , the barstaff , waitresses , kitchen team and the cleaners , it is a team effort and we were all really chuffed for you .
You'll have to come back for your anniversary.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Very nice Inn in a charming village south i Yorkshire. The village wellknown for the author of Jane Eyre. The whole village referring to her. A lot of antiqueshops and restaurants nearby.
The old hall is a gem, I am afraid of giving it so much positive respons, because it only has 2 rooms and we sure wants to stay there again .
The staff is very friendly and helpful, the pub downstair is very nice ,serving good ales and meals all day, a popular place for the locals.

Room Tip: They have only 2 room ,that's a pity
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We booked at this hotel for a night’s stay. Due to a booking error we were transferred to a different hotel, however we were up-graded and given a free meal and drinks. We could not accept this over generous offer so we did pay for part of the bill.

Overall this is a beautiful place, excellent staff. We thought on the night we visited they needed more staff working on the bar/waiting on to cope with the demand however the staff working were very proactive.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haworth
The Old White Lion Hotel
#7 of 20 in Haworth
Park Top House
Park Top House
#6 of 20 in Haworth

Been to Haworth Old Hall Inn? Share your experiences!