“Cosy Winter Break”

Haworth Old Hall Inn
Ranked #10 of 20 Haworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed for one night only, but will be back. Lovely, friendly staff; the overall atmosphere is very relaxed and nothing is too much trouble. We booked the double room - extremely cosy and warm and immaculately clean. A nice touch is the little dining table, where you can opt to eat breakfast should you not want to go downstairs. There is an extensive breakfast menu sheet which you hand in to the staff, after making your choices.
We did not dine there as we already had plans for the evening - but after viewing the menu, we will definitely make a point of visiting again.
The double room is directly over the bar and there is a small amount of noise...but the staff pointed this out to us immediately upon our arrival, and apologetically told us they would try to keep it to a minimum. The noise level was not enough to bother us in the end (we had joined the bar for a few nightcaps ourselves before retiring!). It is made quite clear to you that there may be some muffled noise from below, so do not complain after the event!
The beds are so luscious and comfortable, though, that you will have difficulty staying awake.
We chose to breakfast downstairs instead of in our room - a wonderful, full English from local suppliers. Generous portions and plenty of good coffee to wash it down.
Well worth a stay if you are looking to explore beautiful Haworth and the surrounding area.

Room Tip: You are told by the staff about possible bar noise. Do not complain! Or go down and join in...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
JonnyPoulter, Manager at Haworth Old Hall Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thanks for such a great review.
Having breakfast in your room is really popular with our guests. It is a lovely way to spend the morning looking out across the hills.
Haworth is a great village with lots of options for dining out , although we would argue that our restaurant is the busiest with the best atmosphere.
The staff love looking after people and really enjoy their jobs , so its always nice to tell them somebody has left some nice comments.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

myself and my partner have just returned from one nights stay at Haworth old hall on 24th January 2014. I have to say I was very impressed with the place and especially the hospitality of the landlord and all the staff. we arrived 3 hours earliar than arranged but were shown to our room immediately. on entering the room it struck me how cosy and warm it was and the cleanliness was second to none. there was a tv, kettle with drinks facilities etc, fluffy bath robes and all toiletries apart from tooth paste. full English breakfast is included which was brought to our room at a time that we chose. tea, coffee, orange juice, hot croissants, full English breakfast and toast with jam and butter. the bar and restaurant area was very rustic, with stone floors and a roaring log fire which is fantastic on a blustery January night!. the landlord told us he would do us a packed lunch and flask of tea if we wanted to go off for a ramble. the food menu has a good choice for all tastes and the portions were plentiful. the customers in the bar area leave promptly on time after last orders so there are no complaints to be had by the guests sleeping over. yes, we will return to Haworth old hall, well worth every penny!!

Room Tip: there are only 2 rooms one being a twin bedded and the other a double. book early to avoid disappoin...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much , a lovely review , the staff will be delighted when they see this one.
It was a pleasure , it's easy to be nice to nice people .
Really nice comments , we are delighted.

Good room tip , although the twin bedroom can be made into a double bedroom if anyone requires it.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed here the Christmas fayre weekend 16th - 17th November 2013. The rooms we booked were excellent, luxurious and well equipped. We had a full English breakfast which was also excellent and we could choose to have it in our room if we wanted. The staff were all friendly. Would definitely recommend a visit. They also do lovely meals by a roaring fire. Lovely setting especially at Christmas. If you go to bed before closing time though you can hear people in the bar but this didn't bother us.

Room Tip: Room 2 looks out over the outdoor seating area
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J D
JonnyPoulter, Manager at Haworth Old Hall Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you JD , was lovely meeting you , glad you enjoyed your stay , Christmas is probably one of the best times of year to visit , with the roaring fire and the village festivities.

I believe you took advantage of one of our early bookings savings , incidentally we are running this offer again now for bookings in January , February and March 2014.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is a very nice and charming b/b,with very helpful staff,nothing seems to be any bother in helping guests,food is second to none,with a wide choice of menu,once again food waiting staff and bar staff,fall over themselfs to make sure you are well looked after,the room we had was a double,which was clean and very warm which gave us a very comfortable sleep,breakfast in bed was a very nice change,and served with a smile,real ales lots to choose from,and after a walk over the moors well worth it to sit down in front of a real log fire in the bar,cannot fault this b/b,and the wonderfull moors,and queint shops...regards,Mr.L.Gill.

Room Tip: Double Room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas P
JonnyPoulter, Manager at Haworth Old Hall Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Hello Mr Gill , thank you for such a positive review.
We're very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we always look forward to seeing you , hopefully next time over the christmas period.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed here overnight whilst attending an evening folk concert in the nearby village of Stanbury. I have visited this pub briefly, twice over the years and really enjoyed the meals, so I thought I'd now try the accommodation, which was a very reasonable £55 for single occupation of a double room.

I wasn't disappointed! There are only two rooms which meant it was very peaceful and quiet overnight. The fact that the room was above the bar area didn't pose any issues as this busy bar was full of diners and mature customers who were keeping their conversations to a reasonable level.

I was booked into room 2. I stayed on my own, but this room has a generous sized, comfy double bed. The bathroom was modern and the shower good with a nice range of quality toiletries provided, large fluffy towels and even bathrobes. There is even a large circular table in an alcove, which can be used for the in-room breakfast (I ate downstairs). There is a much greater range of drinks than is usually the case including hot chocolate and horlicks and the basket was very generously stocked. A range of biscuits and bottled water were also available which I wasn't expecting for the price I paid.

The room was clean and well maintained. It must be the first time I have stayed in a room with mullioned windows. These were very effective in keeping out the windy and rainy night outside.

The staff and owners were very friendly but unobtrusive. They were very understanding when I mentioned I wouldn't be back to the pub until around midnight and were prepared to wait up (as they need to secure the pub doors overnight).

Breakfast was equally excellent - I ordered orange juice, toast, tea and a very hearty traditonal English breakfast, which was made from good quality local produce. I ordered sausage, bacon, fried egg, black pudding, whole tomato, beans and mushrooms. A great start to the day.

Would definately consider again when next in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrewms14

Thanks for the glowing review , you'll have to visit our folk night next time you're in the area.
Last monday of the month , thank you for your feedback on the extra touches in the rooms , there's nothing worse than staying somewhere and having to ask for another teabag !

Hopefully we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Many positives: accommodating staff- I arrived just at the close of service for food in the evening but was squeezed in, a very hearty breakfast in the morning to set one up; paid for a single but had a double ensuite which for £55 high season seems quite good value. An attractive, historic building with clean and comfy rooms and no skimping on the hospitality box in the room. Quiet and peaceful.Like the book share.
What I would have liked: an earlier option than 9pm for breakfast -surely walkers etc. want to make an earlier start? The veggie burger I had seemed a little over-priced for what it was, but that does sound a little ungrateful as I appreciate I would have been ordering takeaway in... To know a little more about the history - In their blurb there is only a tantalising one-line reference to their mentions in Bronte novels, but would expect they might have pushed this in a little more detail considering the main purpose of being here (one would assume) is to soak up Bronte history. Minor grumble since I can ask at the museum.

Room Tip: hunt around online for best prices- this is quite competitively priced for a 4* in the holidays, bu...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
JonnyPoulter, Manager at Haworth Old Hall Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Hello and thank you for your positive review.

Lots of nice things said which we appreciate

We don't make too much of the connection with the Bronte Parsonage as we aren't really linked other than being in the same village.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Once again an amazing stay at Haworth old hall! They never fail to disappoint!
The rooms are beautiful and the views breathtaking!
We ate in the restaurant and the food was first class! I had the cod loin which was just beautiful and my other half had the good old gammon steak. The service was impeccable and I just loved the relaxed friendly family atmosphere I will definitely be back thank you so much old hall :)

• Stayed: July 2013

Thanks Kirsty , we are one big happy family (really) here.
Lovely comments and i know we'll see you soon as you've already booked.

Again , thanks for taking the time with the review.