“Overnight stay”
Review of Bronte Hotel

Bronte Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Haworth
Bronte Hotel
Ranked #14 of 20 Haworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Took my mum for a little treat to visit bronte country. I was very please with the accommodation which was very clean and well presented. The pub/restaurant was traditional and served us a beautiful meal. The staff were very friendly/chatty and helpful and made us feel very welcome. I'd stay again

Stayed: February 2014
There are newer reviews for Bronte Hotel

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Visited the Bronte Saturday 1st September early evening for a meal. Good choice of menu plus a specials board. Food arrived on time and very nice indeed. Prices very reasonable. The fish was lovely with a light golden batter, only niggle was the chips were not home made and a bit pricey at £12.50 but still enjoyable. One party member had liver and bacon and the other steak and kidney pudding, both enjoyed very much. If you like quiet pubs this is the one to visit. Could do with another beer though. Been a few times to this pub as we like it and would recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Veronica B
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I stayed at the Bronte Hotel for one night. The room was very nice, the staff were very friendly and helpful, the food in the evening and breakfast was lovely and the pub has a really nice atomsphere. Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sarah_SSheffield
Reviewed 9 June 2012

On arrival at this "hotel" I was immediately confused by a main door with a sign pointing to another entrance to the accommodation. After some confusion I realised you have to go inside the pub and go to the bar to check in. Some signage to this effect would be useful. I was offered no guidance re breakfast time the following morning. I was shown to room 4. As I walked through the door of the room I was transported to the early 80's with old cheap pine furniture, the toilet roll holder hanging off, vile carpet on the bathroom floor and helpfully, a tea and coffee tray directly beneath the bracket that holds the tv and I now have the knot in my head to show how usefully located that is. The hotel boasts 2 lounges, however, as I discovered these are only available when the pub is open. As a result I was told I would have to return to my room. After an average nights sleep on an exceptionally hard bed, we went down to breakfast just before 9.30 only to be met with a response that breakfast was 7.30 till 8.30 and there was a notice to this effect. Two of us had not seen this notice but guests in our party in 3 other rooms had not seen this. The manager did provide breakfast and whilst a decent breakfast, it was spoiled by the general surliness of those concerned.

Overall this was an unfunny Fawlty Towers experience with a cool welcome, shabby room and average food. The cost of the room was £72 for the night. My best advice, if you want to stay in Haworth stay elsewhere or alternatively, stay in keighley at the Premier Inm or Travelodge for half the price and come to Haworth by road.

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank Andy36ldn
Reviewed 5 February 2012

We were stranded overnight due to extremely poor weather.

Arrived at this hotel and they were full, I don't have a problem with that, however ....

There was a foot of snow outside and I would have liked to have thought that they could have suggested an alternative, perhaps a list with phone numbers, or at least they might have lent us a phone directory.

However they weren't at all interested in helping.

We ended up driving down a steep hill into Haworth, this was a one way journey, there was no way we would have driven back up it, If we had been unable to find anywhere we would have been sleeping in the car I think.

Luckily we found an exellent place - Rosebud Cottage - no thanks to the Haworth Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank jondenby
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Good solid pub hotel/B&B close to Haworth village -- less than a five-minute drive to the village/Haworth Parsonage car park or a 15-20 minute walk up a pretty steep hill.
The staff are very friendly and kind and the pub grub is first rate. The pub's regulars are also welcoming and happy to chat, which we really enjoyed so much. Fantastic Taylor's Golden Best on tap with the brewery just up the road. Spicy potato wedges are terrific! Breakfast menu is solid full English and where there are no gourmet flourishes here, the service is memorably homey and friendly. Just right.
I've stayed in accommodation in Haworth village itself and, while it's more convenient to be up there, it can get pretty noisy in village pubs at night. We were pleasantly surprised that the Bronte Hotel, a little ways out of the village, turned out to be a much quieter place to sleep overnight. I could even hear a lone owl hooting beautifully outside at about 5AM -- something I've never heard in Haworth village itself!
The cost of B&Bs around Haworth tends to be on the high side. Given the average expense of a night's stay in Haworth village, the Bronte Hotel gives you particularly good value for money.
If you want to give the tourist track a bit of a miss, the Bronte Hotel might just be the place for you. Great pub grub, great staff, friendly local people, a laid-back and leisurely feel to the place. Sometimes the ordinary can be a lot nicer than what's been scrubbed and polished for tourists. I reckon I'll be back. ;^)

Room Tip: Room 9 in ensuite with spare room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank BristolMags
Reviewed 3 September 2009

We stayed at the Bronte for 2 nights over the bank holiday, it has a large car park, room was en-suite and clean. We had both of our evening meals there, very good choice of menu with specials board, breakfast was good with plenty of choice. the station is about 5/10 minute walk and Howarth another 5/10 minutes from there, there is a bus service from outside the hotel to Haworth. The staff are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank alangrocott
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haworth
The Old White Lion Hotel
#13 of 20 in Haworth
Park Top House
Park Top House
#6 of 20 in Haworth

Been to Bronte Hotel? Share your experiences!