“Amazing couple of nights for oxenhope straw race.”

Leeming Wells Guest Accomodation
Ranked #8 of 20 Haworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed here sat 12th july until today 14th, we stayed here along with my parents, room 2 and 3 were amazing, very clean and a great size. Bathrooms were very clean and just amazing views.
We used the pool on several occasions which was fantastic. Food served from the Dog & Gun next door was amazing, including the breakfast.
Definitely would recommend this hotel to people visiting Oxenhope.
Great room prices.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

A wonderfully confortable and freindly hotel. Rooms are clean and modern and in character with its surroundings. In the best place for visiting the area and further afield in beautiful yorkshire.. there is one small drawback. Its not easy for some with walking diffficulties to get to the pub alongside it for breakfast. There are steep steps to the pub or you have to walk on what could be, a busy road...something my mother wasnt comfortable doing. Saying that, it wouldnt stop her or me going again. But the staff did promise to look into it. The food was fresh and well cooked and the staff were freindly. A great place to stay for long and short breaks.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen J
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Our first stay here was unexpected.
After getting stuck in a snow drift and having to leave the car and walk we found this place at the back of the Dog and Gun Pub.
The owners and staff at the pub were very friendly and helpful and the room at the guest house was clean, warm and very comfortable.
There is an indoor swimming pool and sauna
We returned a year later and had another comfortable and enjoyable stay

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We arrived at the hotel and to check in we had to go to the pub next doorwhere we got our keys to the hotel room.
When we got into the hotel it is so clean and towels and sheets are pristene white, The rooms are very clean and the hotel even has a small swimming pool . Over all the hotel was lovely and the views are fantastic , The only let down of our stay was the beds . They were very lumpy and you could feel every spring in the mattress. Not the best beds for a nights sleep.
We can recommend the food in the pub " The Dog and Gun " . Cooked while you wait but you can sit in the bar with the lovely log fires burning until its ready. The evening meal was very nice and the breakfast is super, Even if you dont go to the hotel i would recommend a meal at the pub as the views are lovely up there on the hill.
If the hotel got new mattresses for the beds it would be perfect .

Room Tip: Wait till they get new mattresses for the beds .
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank justsimplyred
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Just back from a trip to Yorkshire and stayed in the beautiful Leeming Wells Hotel.
Myself and my sis in law and niece had booked the self catering apartment/suite and paid extra for our breakfast. We were greeted by a lovely lady who showed us our apartment and it was absolutely gorgeous. I love the decor and it was so warm and cosy. The pull out sofa was already made up and it was home from home. Very surprised (pleasantly!) to find we had the whole place to ourselves and we headed for the Dog and Gun next door for a drink. Our breakfast order was taken and the staff were so nice.
We had a swim and sauna before heading off to my gig (I'm a singer) and I didn't want to leave the pool! The toilets were lovely and clean near the pool, and the pool temp was spot on. I couldn't work the shower in the apartment bathroom, but had a soothing hot bath instead. The water was RED HOT! Kitchen skimmering clean!
The landlord in the dog and Gun served us a beautiful breakfast and nothing was too much trouble. Not a bit of fat on our plates, bacon done perfectly, toast nice and warm and tea was lovely and hot. We were left in peace to enjoy a lovely stay and were made very welcome. We really wanted to stay an extra night, but I had another show to do elsewhere grrr!
Thank you to all at Leeming Wells AND Dog & Gun, your hospitality was much appreciated and we will DEF be back
Tina Turner and the Ikettes!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LolaDee2014
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Upon arriving at Leeming Wells we were impressed with the location, the hotel and everyone we met. The trip was a surprise break for my wife's 40th birthday and we were not disappointed. When I booked I mentioned it was a special occasion and on arriving in our lovely room there was a box of chocolates from the staff! A lovely touch.

The 'Dog and Gun' restaurant next door is a fantastic place to eat and drink and everyone makes you feel very welcome. From Michael who runs the place through to Craig and Tom who run the bar and restaurant, everyone is welcoming and great to speak to! The food is stunning and as the joke goes "We can recommend the fish!" You could certainly stay a few day and eat something new and stunning every night!

The spa and pool are a welcome retreat after a long run, walk or shopping day so make sure you take your swimming costumes! You won't be disappointed.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone for their warm welcome and for the fun time we had. We will certainly be going back and are already planning our next trip there in the summer.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a table for the restaurant when you book your room. It gets busy because it's...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
leemingkeighley, Front Office Manager at Leeming Wells Guest Accomodation, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We are delighted you had a great time and that you enjoyed your experience at the Hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Room No. 3 has now been renovated and with the Suite/Apartment newly operational we believe Leeming Wells boasts great facilities and a memorable place to stay.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Our stay at Leeming Wells was a last minute getaway with my daughter aged 10. I actually wanted to stay in Haworth but couldn't get into any b&bs there, so found this hotel online. I was a little worried by some of the reviews but figured we were only staying one night so would be fine. I have to say I think it was a gem. I loved the location surrounded by moors but only 5 mins to Haworth. We checked in via the dog and gun pub, the staff were amazing helpful, showed us to our room, then the pool, showed us where to get towels and booked us in for a table reservation in the pub for our evening meal. Our room was a twin room, tastefully decorated and very clean, as was the pool and the rest of the hotel. Our evening meal in the pub was lovely, it had such a nice Yorkshire welcome and the staff who were busy still managed to be attentive. Our breakfast was delightful and again the staff were welcoming. I actually came away pleased that I had not been put off by other comments. I would definitely stay there again, particularly in summer to enjoy walks on those moors.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family