“Weekend getaway”

Ranked #8 of 20 Haworth B&B and Inns
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Weekend getaway”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My sister wanted it take me away for the weekend for my birthday and we stayed here. The two brothers who run the place were lovely and the food was great. The views were fantastic and it was directly right in the middle of Haworth Main Street. The beds were clean and most comfortable the amenities were very sufficient for our purpose and the stairs and little nooks of the building were original of the old building. Great place to stay and VERY reasonably priced.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Londra
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I must say that David has been a welcoming host (at breakfast he goes around the tables chatting with the guests) and so I feel a bit guilty to give just 3 stars, but in this guest house there are a few big flaws in my opinion and I always try to be honest when I write a review.
The pros: wonderful position, right in the middle of the village; fair price (I spent £70 for two nights in a single room, breakfast included); nice, quirky atmosphere.
The cons:
1. my room was facing the main street, so on one hand I had a lovely view of the Bronte church, but on the other I had to endure a lot of noises. The pub in front of the guest house evidently does not advice customers to keep the voice down after a certain hour and it was absolutely impossible for me to sleep before the pub closed, around midnight
2. On the first morning I took a shower but after just a few minutes the hot water run out and I had to rinse my hair under cold water. The second day that did not happen, though
3. very, very thin walls. I could distinctly hear everything that was going on in the other guests's rooms: snoring, television, even thuds, that made my bed shake. I guess that spending some money to insulate the rooms could be a good improvement
4. breakfast: nothing extraordinary but fair for the price. What I did not like was the very short time slot: breakfast is served between 8.30-9, so you just have a strict half an hour, which I think is not ideal when you are on holiday and you want to take it easy. I mean, I got down at 8.40, was served at 8.50, and by 9, when I was still far from have finished, they started to clean up all around my table. No one threw me out, I am not saying this, but I felt a bit uncomfortable and pressured, knowing that I was suppose to leave as soon as I could.
All in all I think the place is nice and the host friendly but there are improvements to be made.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the moors instead of the main street: having the view of the church could be n...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Maria M
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We looked for low cost accommodation, and found a top class B & B, better than we could imagine or wish for. The quiet but genuine welcome, & continuing thoughtfulness and attentiveness of the proprietors was unique; the delicious food was served hot, the beds comfy, the whole place clean and efficiently run. It meant a lot, being interested in the Brontes, to stay in this B & B dating from 17th century, close to the church and Parsonage. We each want to return, it was such a great holiday. It's the best B & B I've ever stayed in! Very Highly Recommended...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is an excellent guesthouse. From the friendly and attentive welcome by David through to the very satisfying breakfast, I was thoroughly pleased and felt very much at ease. The beautifully central location is also a great help. Heartily recommended!

Rome, Italy
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Cozy, beautiful place where to stay in Haworth. It's just in front of the church, in main street. Our room was a family room large enough for four people, small but comfortable private bathroom, everythng was clean. Quiet, nice and the people working there were very kind and available. Beautiful view from the tea room. I'll come back for sure!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this lovely Guest House in Haworth situated in the heart of Haworth's Main Street. Lovely staff, friendly and welcoming. Service was top notch and room was very comfortable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank FrankieMacEachen
London
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Once again we had a lovely stay at The Apothecary. We've been coming here for about four years now, maybe longer, and we always have a lovely stay. We always have a warm welcome from David and Nick and in fact my OH now has some extra films on his watchlist courtesy of David!

Lovely breakfast in the back of the tea room with a view across the valley. Clean rooms which have recently been refreshed with plenty of space for all your bits and pieces!

Looking forward to our next trip back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tyrwhittali
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haworth
The Old White Lion Hotel
Wilsons of Haworth
#1 of 20 in Haworth
The Old Registry Haworth
Ashmount Country House

Been to Apothecary Guest House? Share your experiences!