“Fantastic value :)”

Ranked #8 of 20 Haworth B&B and Inns
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic value :)”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We booked 2 rooms, both were spotlessly clean and well presented. Clean bedding, clean bathrooms, nice hot showers and lovely views from our rooms at the back of the property. We met Nick, he was very friendly, showed us our rooms and made us feel at home. Parking on the forecourt is included after 4pm and overnight, which was very useful. After a good nights sleep we went down for breakfast, Nick was happy to cook what we wanted and again was friendly and made us feel welcome. I really think it is worth a 5 star rating at the price and we will definitely be stopping there again next year. Thank you Nick and family for a lovely stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Happy Travels x

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Apothecary guest house on 10th June 2014.
It was at short notice as we decided to stay after visiting Haworth as my wife is a Bronte fan. Nick one of the owners insisted that I looked at the room before booking.
The room itself was fairly large with original Victorian fireplace, it also had an en suite bathroom with a large walk in shower ( which was good as I am not a small man).
The room and bedding was very clean and the bed was comfortable and both my wife and I slept well.
The following morning we went into the dinning room and were shown to our table, we were offered a selection of cereals, fruit juice, tea or coffee and a full English breakfast which was served piping hot. The only thing letting the breakfast down was the sausage which I did not like but this could just be personal preference.
Nick and his brother David chatted with the guests and made everyone feel welcome and couldn't do enough.
Sure to be saying we will be going back again later this year.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mrbassethound
England
Reviewed 9 June 2014

If you are on a budget and wish to stay right in the heart of the village of Howarth, then the Apothecary Guest House is perfect. It's not four star and doesn't claim to be. The rooms are spacious and clean. The accommodation is at the top of the main street in Howarth. The host (David) is very pleasant and welcoming and has great knowledge of Howarth. We ate at the White Lion, which is also very good. David gave us a discount card to use at the White Lion, which saved us 10% of our bill.

We even had free parking in front of the guest house.

What more can you ask for.

If you want a boutique hotel, then stay elsewhere, but honestly this establishment is perfect for a budget stay right in the heart of the village.

We will be returning in the future - No doubt about it.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel overlook the main street and there could be some noise issues due to...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike R
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Let me start by honestly stating that, from our experience we cannot believe anyone could write anything negative about this guest house. We have just returned from a one night stay. This was on a Saturday night (7th June) which I would regard as high season and I have never had such a sound nights sleep whilst not in my own bed. There was absolutely no noise problems. I stayed with my daughter and two year old granddaughter. Now I am a light sleeper and wake up at the slightest sound so have to admit I was worried after reading the few previous reviews that mentioned the rooms to the front of the building suffered from outside noise. We booked the last available room and therefore had no choice but for it to be directly facing the busiest route on the main street. What a joy! I did not wake once during the night and before going to bed spent most of my time looking out at the beautiful church, where Patrick Bronte was vicar. Also the Black Bull public house with its marvellous architecture which his son Bramwell frequented - the main door of this from the picturesque little square is a joy to behold - for those who appreciate suchlike. Our family room, although on the first floor, was situated lower than the others and the view was one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. From the bed I did not have to look at my mobile or watch once with the magnificent church clock towering over the square. Our beds were comfortable and speckless with crisp fresh linen. ( I loved the addition of a top sheet with the duvet). The full English breakfast was delicious and the mushrooms were fresh and not those awful overly wet previously boiled disasters that most hostelries serve. The view over the valley was to die for from the breakfast area. Walking out in the morning with the birds singing and the scent from the old beautiful apothecary was like going back in time and so very hard to leave. Last but definitely not least was the service. In my time I have stayed in more than a few high brow hotels (with their equally high brow exorbitant prices!) and have never encountered service such as this. You will not be disappointed if you stay here. IGNORE any negative reviews for this establishment. I am not easily pleased by any stretch of the imagination but on our return to Howarth I would not consider staying anywhere else. Ida, Grace and Coco.

Room Tip: Have only stayed once but from looking around would say any!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ida G
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I would highly recommend this guest house to anybody visiting Howarth, you couldn't get a more perfect location, right in the heart of the village directly opposite the church & the famous Black Bull pub. I took my mum & my two year old to stay here and although I've read reviews on here saying that it was very noisy when staying in the front rooms I have to disagree, we were right at the front on a Saturday night in June and there wasn't a sound we had a perfect nights sleep, didn't hear a noise, the beds were really comfy and the linen beautiful and fresh. Breakfast was superb and the views of the moors from the breakfast room were amazing. The staff could not have been more friendly, the level of customer service was outstanding and David one of the owners just went way above and beyond. Excellent value for money, I would highly recommend and will definitely be staying again. Thankyou!!

• Stayed June 2014
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This BnB is located in the very heart of this small town, right opposite side of the bronte personage. You can see the building through your window! The room was clean, and had everything in it, including TV, coffee port, cups, teas, hairdryer, and so on. I could rest peacefully after a long walk to the Top Withins. Had no problem taking hot shower, nor did suffer from the noise from the street. But, I guess, in the high season, the street could be very busy, for there is a big pub infront of the house. For the food, it was a nice full english breakfast! and the staffs were very kind too. Highly recommended! (reasonable as well, for I paid 35 pound for a single room).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Shepshed, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

This little hotel was just what we wanted - a quiet retreat after attending a wedding. The room was clean and well furnished with all the usual comforts required for a night away from home. Breakfast was lovely and the view from the breakfast room is super. The owners were friendly and very welcoming. It is a great place to stay for anyone wanting to walk and enjoy the breathtaking views and learn more about the Bronte sisters.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple