“Our best tour so far”
Review of Bronte Walks

Bronte Walks
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Haworth
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover Yorkshire with Brontë Walks. We offer tours, guides and so much more to make your visit to Yorkshire a memorable one. I am a Blue Badge Tourist Guide for Yorkshire and my love of the county and in particular Haworth and the moors that surround it is the inspiration for my work. I offer a wide range of guides walks, tours, support for tour companies, meet and greet services, day tours, drive tours and extended tours across the whole of Yorkshire. My job is to help you discover Yorkshire and all that it has to offer. The ‘Passionate Brontës’ is our acclaimed walking tour of Haworth that tells the story of the Brontë family. I use their letters, poems and writing to weave the story into the social fabric of the times. This is offered as either a scheduled walk that all are welcome to join, or as a private tour. It is the most wonderful prelude to visiting the Parsonage Museum. The times for these walks do vary and it is best to check when they are running.
Reviewed 2 October 2016

My sister and I spent a lovely afternoon in Haworth with Johnnie. We met with him at noon and as it started raining too heavily to walk in the moors, he took us first around the town telling us about the Bronte family history in detail. He is such a great story teller that my sister started crying at one point and I was very moved as well. We afterwards took a cup a tea/coffee and went on into the moors. The walk to Top Withens was not hard at all and the landscape was breathtaking, you really taste the feeling of wondering in the moors that you read in Wuthering Heights. We spent there around 3 hours. Above all Johnnie was incredibly kind, eager to listen to us and he even gave us a lift to Keighley station and gave us chocolates for the journey back to York.

All reviews
"come alive"
"wuthering heights"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 30 September 2016

In all my travels I have never had the good fortune to meet a guide as likable, knowledgeable and enthusiastic about his subject as Johnnie Briggs. Johnny does not talk AT you, he has a conversation with you, at the end of which you realize you've learned a lot.

We engaged his services for 3 days. The first day he enthralled us with 'The Passionate Brontes' guiding us around Haworth and making the Brontes come to life for us. He seems to know everyone in the village and gave us great tips on where to eat and who we should talk to re: the Brontes.

The second day he took us out on the moors. He went to the trouble of borrowing a pair of Wellies for my friend who didn't have the right footwear. We hiked to Top Withens (probable site of Wuthering Heights) and he seemed to enjoy it every bit as much as we did. One thing you have to understand about Johnnie is that he's a poet and a romantic at heart.

The third day he drove us all over Yorkshire, showing us more Bronte sites, historic buildings, stopping at a local Church sale and a pub that had excellent food (where he knew the Chef!) and then he drove us through a part of James Herriot's Yorkshire Dales.

Johnnie is the complete package, he gives great value for your money and it's hard not to love him. Don't fight it, we didn't!

3  Thank Janet E
Reviewed 20 September 2016

Booked this walk via tourist information. Which entitled us money off in the museum.
John was fantastic told us loads of history not just about the Brontes but also that era as a whole. Very good value for money,well over an hour. Walk suitable for all physical abilities. Not suitable for uner 12's unless very keen on the Brontes.
Would highly recommend

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Johnnie's talk and tour was so engaging, informative and entertaining. His knowledge of the Brontë story is very impressive, he knows such a lot of detail and his delivery meant we felt quite emotional at the end of the talk when we learned what happened to all the family.