“Don't miss this Yorkshire Gem!”
Review of Old Silent Inn

Old Silent Inn
Ranked #13 of 20 Haworth B&B and Inns
Esperance, Australia
“Don't miss this Yorkshire Gem!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Located in the beautiful village of Stanbury the Old Silent Inn is surrounded by the beautiful Bronte Moors.

We had the pleasure of staying at the Inn during our recent trip to the UK from Australia. The local scenery is incredible and a walk to nearby Haworth can be very rewarding.

We found the staff at the Inn to be welcoming, polite and extremely helpful! The new owners have really taken this place to a whole new level of hospitality and make you feel welcome the moment you walk through the door. The bedrooms are exceptionally clean and have everything you need to enjoy the local area.

The food in the restaurant is second to none. If your after excellent home-style food than THIS is the place for you! I also feel I should mention their fantastic selection of beers...a lovely way to spend an evening.

I would highly recommend the Old Silent Inn DO NOT miss the opportunity to stay at this traditional Yorkshire beauty!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elisabeth Y

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We, my wife and I, spent two nights in the Old Silent Inn just before Easter. The two best things were the fantastically hospitable staff and the food (the beer was pretty good too!). All the staff were friendly helpful and just made us feel really welcome. The cooked breakfasts were just so good and set one up for long walks on the close by Bronte Way. Then back to the Inn for dinner, we were not very adventurous, we could not get past the home made Steak and Theakstone ale pie. It was fantastic on both nights!

The location was so good for so many wonderful walks across the moors. Haworth is only a few minutes away, so its a great base for exploring all things Bronte. We also discovered that the Railway Children was filmed locally a bonus!

OK so the rooms were pretty basic but served its purpose.

Final pont our dog Winnie was also made very welcome.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank John6550
sunderland
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Don't expect 5 star accomadation, just 5 star charm. Myself & family stayed here (8of us in total) for my sister- in- law,s 65th birthday & what a great time we had. The owner & staff were so friendly & nothing was a bother to them, so laid back it made us so relaxed. The pub was so olde world with loads of character, fantastic!. The hotel is reputed to be haunted which added loads of fun within our party. The bedrooms were clean& had everything we needed. Food in the restaurant was excellent , I went for the blackpudding for starters ,excellent!! We'll done chef. We will defiantly return for another fun filled weekend

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SunderlandWally
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

The owners and staff are very friendly. Stayed for one night in a twin room. The room was very basic indeed, very small bathroom, old fashioned tiny portable tv, and had no window, only a skylight so was quite dark, however we did see that some of the double rooms where a lot nicer. Still it was excellent value for money and was only staying for one night and the friendly welcome and great service more than made up for it. Good choice of wines, nice menu with local produce, lovely cosy log fires and only a few mins away from Howarth. Full English breakfast was included. For dinner we had the belly pork and my friend had the homemade steak and ale pie, followed by some chocolate brownies and ice cream and washed down with some nice wine. Worth a visit.

Room Tip: if staying I would avoid room 7 if you want a view as no window and only small skylight.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank trshk
Nottinghamshire
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Myself and family stayed here one weekend in march. Upon arrival we we're welcomed by such warm friendly staff, from the moment we arrived to the momemt we left all the lovely staff couldn't do enough for us. They made us feel right at home witj our 2 young boys. The rooms had a lovely feel and very clean. Food excellent and very good choice on the menu; especially lamb shank!! Lovely cosy homely place to stay. Home from home would definitely go back.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank supercallafraga
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have been going to the Old Silent since the 1970's, when my parents did "sunday afternoon" drves in the country. I vowed then, when I was old enough I would return. In 1982, I got my driving licence and returned and returned and returned etc etc. I've even driven from Torquay, just to have 2 nights there!!. Sure, the surrounding, bleak, wild moors aren't to everybodys liking, but god, the place itself is amazing. I cannot emphasise enough how friendly the staff are, nothing is ever too much trouble. The public bar and the locals are a joy. The dining - be it a quick bar lunch, a family get together or a romantic meal for two - can be described in 4 words "a pure magical experience". The bedrooms, although not what you would expect in a 5* hotel, are spotlessly clean and warm and snug and its worth staying overnight just to sample their wonderful "Yorkshire" breakfast. However, the most amazing thing about the Old Silent is the price!!! I have eaten in so called "swanky" restaurants,that have been more expensive for a meal for two than this place is for a weekend away for two. In over 31yrs I have made one complaint, (a disturbed nights sleep), the accommodation element was immediately waived from my bill. How many hotels do that. If you've never been, book now, go and discover this gem for yourself. I can't wait to get tere again. Shaun Taylor, Lytham St Annes.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sacker-price
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My husband and I were given the chance of a "night off" from the children who went to stay with their grandparents. At short notice I booked the Old Silent Inn, who are dog friendly so we could take the family dog.The weather outside was unbelievable with the wind and rain lashing at the windows but inside the pub they had open fires and a fabulous friendly atmosphere, staff and locals alike. We had a fabulous time, the food was really lovely and we will definitely be going back again.. FABULOUS!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple