“A reluctant review!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 21 Haworth B&B and Inns
Manchester
“A reluctant review!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

The only reason I am reluctant is because it is such a welcoming and wonderful b & b in the heart of Haworth that I couldn't not review it, but mightn't get in next time!!! We stayed for only one night, unfortunately! The rooms were really comfortable and our view over the Yorkshire moors, even on a rainy day/night was breathtaking. We ate in The Fleece at night and it was lovely but there are plenty of other places to eat if you want to go out. Staff are 10/10 and I definitely want to go back.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SteveandAliOB
Trudy P, Owner at The Fleece Inn, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
what a lovely review - even though you had us worried at the headline!
I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you can stay for longer next time to enjoy Haworth & the pub some more.
Thankyou also for the great comments about the star, they work really hard to make sure everyone enjoys their time at The Fleece, so I am glad it showed.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Burnley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

From the wonderful welcome, a truly superb bedroom (try to get No 1)., a very cosy atmosphere and impressive food-all in all, one of the best overnight stays in a wonderful setting-give a go, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: A front bedroom with great views over the moors and a busy town with lots of cafes, pubs and interes...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Trudy P, Owner at The Fleece Inn, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thankyou for the lovely review, I am happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
We have just regained our 4 stars with Visit Britain due to improvements in the rooms that we're really pleased with so I am glad it was enjoyable for you.
The rooms at the front of the building do have some great views over the front!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Friendly staff and good location, clean room and perfect bed for kids.
We stayed just 1 night at this time, but we really want to come back here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Baldock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Very pleasant location, friendly and most helpful staff. Comfortable and clean, good value for money. They went the extra mile when they posted my phone charger to me by first class post. Would stay there again.

Stayed January 2014
Mold, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed here at the Fleece Inn early December and had the most wonderful time. The rooms were very comfortable and clean and we were welcomed by the hosts so well. We ate on the first night in the fleece and sat by the fire, wonderful warming food, real Ale and wine was great. All the staff are so friendly and we have reccommended the Fleece to a number of our friends, we will be returning again very soon ....Christmas starts early in Howarth on 01 December , with all the cobbled streets lit up by fairy lights and beautifully dressed shop windows, it really is like going back in time, victorian themes and friendly shop owners and publicants. Perfect. i am sure in the summer it will be lovely too, but for us we liked wrapping up warm, and enjoying the christmassy atmosphere.We took the staem train to skipton on the saturday and enjoyed the market there, which is on every saturday really worth a visit too.
thank you to all at the Fleece, see you soon!!

Room Tip: the single room has a really good view across howarth , the double room we stayed in had no view , b...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank angela j
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

I have been going to the Fleece for 3 years now and sadly we will not be returning. Not sure if this was just a one off but I can honestly say the way I was treated was un acceptable. Got our 1st round of drinks fine then my son said he wanted a icecream (he is only 3) went to the bar to ask if they served childrens icecream the lady in question answered Yes without even looking up at me, then walked away and totally ignored me so I stood and waited the barman asked if he could help said he wasnt sure if they were serving food so he then proceeded to ask another gentleman at the end of the bar who kindly said he would go and find out. He came back and I over heard them talking saying somebody had not turned up yet for work, not my problem I am just the customer! So after waiting for what felt a very long time i said that i would return to my seat. A short time after the kind gentleman came back to us and said he had sorted it. When we finally got it i could not believe what all the fuss was over it was a scoop of vanilla with a wafer on it!!!
Then i went to the bar to get another round of drinks and my order and money was taken but then they proceeded to serve the next person, so I asked if i could have my drinks and had to wait for them to finish serving the other lady.

The atmosphere was crap and the lady was walking around like a bear with a sore head. After all this was our holiday and children do like icecream on holiday. Totally offended by the way we were treated we managed to look at the funny side, it was Friday the 13th!!!

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Trudy P, Owner at The Fleece Inn, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Hi,
thankyou for taking the time to write a review, I am sorry that we failed to provide a service that was at all satisfactory for your recent visit. It being Friday the 13th is no excuse.
It is not the standards we try and achieve and I apologise for the things that spoiled your time at the Fleece.
Correctly you state that staffing issues are not your problem and I am not using that as an excuse.
The ice-cream should have been served quite easily and all the staff are aware of this being an option for the children's meals we serve, so I am unsure what happened with both this and your drinks order but I will investigate.
Sometimes if it is cask beer being served, we do allow it to stand for a short while to make sure it is served correctly & that may have caused the delay, again I will check.
I am sorry to hear that you were so unhappy that you will not return, maybe if you feel in time you can give us another chance we will try and do much better, for now I offer my apologies again for not being up to scratch.
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

I have been to The Fleece a few times and every time the atmosphere has been pleasant and the people friendly,

One day me and my wife were even brought out some home cooked chips (for free) and they were lovely,

I went on Saturday night and had a nice pint of Timothy Taylors Ram Tam, lovely!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends