“Perfect!”

Ashmount Country House
Ranked #2 of 20 Haworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 December 2012

My partner and I have just returned from a nights stay in the Sanctuary spa room. We were greeted by a lovely man who was very helpful (carried my large hold all) and attentive, asking if the journey had been ok as the weather was dreadful. Took us to our room and we were over the moon. I appreciate you're paying a canny bit for the room to have a hot tub, but the bedroom itself was stunning. Large 4 poster bed, luxurious decor and accessories. It had a lovely feel to it. We were shown to the private patio and told how to use the hot tub (left that to the other half!). He left us to ourselves having checked we were happy and we treat ourselves to a complimentary sherry and mince pie (nice ones too, no smart price here!) We had originally decided not to dine there as we were going to venture into Haworth, however we quickly changed our minds as we decided we didn't want to leave the place. We were escorted to a lovely sitting room with an honesty bar to give us time to browse the menu, before being shown into the dining area. The food was delicious. My partner had the best steak either of us had ever tasted. Both waitress' who served us on the evening and at breakfast time were lovely. Breakfast too was very tasty and there was a good selection to be had. We didn't want to leave and will most certainly be returning next year! Worth every penny.

1  Thank claireabella85
Write a ReviewReviews (1,206)

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Initially both my wife and I were concerned because everything we asked for was greeted with "that won't be a problem", and we were waiting for the problems to start. On the day however everything promised was delivered, in a pleasant, efficient, polite and dignified way. We had a wonderful wedding, and all our guests agreed. The food was "spot on", the service was great, the day was a success, and our complete stay was delightful. Could not have asked for better.

Room Tip: We had the serenity spa, which had everything including conservatory, hot tub, and sauna. This room...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2012

We returned yesterday morning from our one night stay at the Ashmount House, in Haworth. We always said we would go as my sister and her husband are frequent guests there. We also booked a stay last year for my in laws last Christmas as a little gift, they stayed in the Secret Garden room. We was booked into the Serenity room, it is beautiful. The Hot Tub is amazing, the conservatory was fantastic, and very warm with it's under floor heating. We had been left some delicious shortbread biscuits & mince pies. The mince pies were fantastic, after our very dissapointing meal at Embers that night. The staff were very helpful, they were very friendly and welcoming.
We had an amazing breakfast the next morning, I don't think Weve ever had a full English as nice anywhere else.
We will definatley be returning to the Ashmount House. I would recommend anyone to book this that is thinking about staying in Haworth, you will not be dissapointed!
Thank you to the wonderful staff at the Ashmount who made our stay so lovely.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank KathrynRyder
Reviewed 9 December 2012

My partner surprised me with dinner here on Saturday evening (8/12/12) and I not expecting to eat somewhere like this, was dressed in jumper and jeans, Despite this Clare made me feel very at ease and I soon relaxed into the ambiance of the place. We had a beautiful meal which included some unusual dishes, eg :duck with a fabulously original sauce. I would be more than happy to stay here and test the accommodation.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

We booked this break on booking.com, and called up a day or so later to confirm our reservation. The gentleman I spoke to was an absolute pleasure, telling me everything I need to know before arrival, without getting annoyed at my continuous question asking.
When we arrived (approx 2.00pm), we found that the room was ready for us even though we arrived 1 hour before the check-in time of 3.00pm. Not only was we allowed into our room, we were greeted by a warm smile and a tour of the house, courtesy of the manager Wayne.
Initially we stayed in the room Amos Inghams, and the decor was as expected; albeit with the perks of all the "modern cons". The view from this room was absolutely immense, and we were told numerous times it's the best in the house. (We had huge double windows which gave us a panoramic view of the countryside).

On the first night of our stay, we decided to dine in the restaurant. The food was succulent and plentiful, and it was served in a rapid fashion. The waitress was very attentive to our needs and provided a top class service. The only gripe I had regarding the food, was kindly compensated by the manageress Claire, who was understanding and apologetic.

Before we went to sleep on the first night, we made sure we ordered breakfast in bed. We picked our food & time, and the next morning, the food arrived ON THE DOT for the time it was supposed too. It was delivered in a picnic basket and a sturdy table tray. This was a lovely touch and only cost us a meager £10 (I'd recommend everyone tries it at least once). Furthermore, not only was the breakfast delivered on time - it was absolutely delicious. The food was cooked to perfection, and we received an ice-cold jug of fresh orange juice. What more could we ask for?

During our time there, we had a quick chat with Claire, and we told her how we desperately wanted to try out the hot-tub + sauna rooms. Claire, in her opulent generosity, found us a free room (Serenity Spa) and after a small discussion with us, we got our last night for cut price of £100 - Including breakfast! (I've seen the same room for £180-£250+ - even more In-season)

Surely enough, on our last night of the 4-night stay we was eagerly anticipating using the hot tub. Well, we was not disappointed! After giving it a short while to heat up, we dived right into the steamy water and it was utterly relaxing. Certainly worth the money we paid, and a whole lot more.

Overall, this break hosted fine staff, fine dining, and fine hospitality in general. I would highly recommend it to anyone that needs to recharge their batteries and escape the city-life (if only for 1 night!). As a young couple, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will most certainly be back in the next few months.

Thanks so much to Wayne & Claire (and everyone else!) for making our stay so memorable.

Daniel & Megan

Room Tip: Amos Inghams boasts a lot of space, and expansive views
Reviewed 30 November 2012

This was a very nice romantic surprise for my partners 40th.

I booked us into the Hideaway spa which was a lovely retreat, the hot tub was where we spent lots of our time. The evening meal we ate here was probably the best meal I ever ate out anywhere and was reasonably priced too. The breakfast was fantastic. Our room was both stylish, modern but not too fussy at the same time. The real coffee in the room was nice and unusual. I also booked the 'just us' party and the flowers are still going almost two weeks on! A lovely special touch.

Our only complaint was that perhaps it was a little over priced but maybe that was simply that the features haven't yet paid for themselves?

I would highly recommend and we will hopefully be back!

Room Tip: Th accommodation across the road is very private although the views are perhaps not as good
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xDenbobx
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Hubby and I both have demanding jobs and were looking for somewhere to just escape the rat race and re-charge our batteries. We didn't want to travel too far as we just wanted to get there and start enjoying our break, so we chose Ashmount, only 17 miles from home.

Welcome - we had a friendly and personal welcome and a handshake and introduction from Ray, One of the nicest and warmest welcomes I think I've ever had. We were taken to our room and shown how to work the hot tub etc. A nice attention to detail which not many places offer. I'm not normally a fan of small places as I often prefer to blend into anonymity, but this was a perfect blend of a personal touch, without being overbearing.

Room (Secret Garden) - our room wasn't available, but the alternative was fine and perfectly adequate for me. The complimentary water, hot drinks and apples etc were all a nice touch, as were the toiletries in the bathroom (which smelt lovely and were perfect for pampering). The sofa in the bedroom was really comfy (I wish more hotels had them!). The garden/hot tub area was a great addition (and why we chose this hotel) and, despite the inclement weather, we braved the hot tub and enjoyed floating about with the ducks (you're never too old for ducks, right?). Candles were provided - and would have been fab - but it was too windy to use them. Some little lantern style candles might have been useful, just a thought. The bed was rather creaky and we were a bit afraid to move around much, but it was firm and comfy for me and I had a good night sleep considering I don't normally sleep at all in hotels. Hubby struggled a bit as he's 6ft 2 and kept getting his feet caught in the foot board (the footboard (or lack of one) was the reason that we actually booked a different room. So, it's a shame we couldn't get the room we had booked, but we understand that things happen and the overall experience was still very good.

Dinner - I'll review this separately, so won't dwell on it, but it was one of the nicest meals I think I've ever eaten. Plenty of flavour, good service and a limited, but thoroughly decent menu.

Breakfast - served in the beautiful morning room, with attentive staff, a choice of cereals, yogurt, fruit & juices and a lovely hot menu too. Service was very quick and we both enjoyed our Yorkshire breakfasts (the sausage was especially tasty). Breakfast kept us full for hours, as breakfast should.

Car parking - car parking is quite tight, but it's about what I expected for a smaller hotel.

Gardens - the gardens are absolutely beautiful (especially not long after sunrise, when we went for our walk). Beware the path can be a bit slippy when wet though.

Overall - a very positive experience and we'd love to go back. Loved the hot tub and the small hotel feel - all helped by the friendly and attentive staff. I'll be suggesting this hotel to my colleagues and friends for sure.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheYorkshireRambler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haworth
The Old White Lion Hotel
Wilsons of Haworth
Wilsons of Haworth
#1 of 20 in Haworth
The Old Registry Haworth

Been to Ashmount Country House? Share your experiences!