“EXCELLENT SERVICE”

Ashmount Country House
Ranked #2 of 20 Haworth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Have enjoyed afternoon tea here before (gift purchased by our daughter) we recently stayed in the Retreat as birthday treat as we thought the house and food were excellent . The retreat is accross from the main house this was clearly explained when I called to book ..the advantage of this for us was the lovely private garden for our use only ... bliss even in cold weather after the hot tub it was such a treat to step outside and take in the views. The staff and owner could not have been more professional helpful and attentive and the food really lived up to our expectations. I have to say I was totally shocked to read the recent post someone left ! if what they claim is true than they should be totally ashamed of their appalling behaviour and nasty opions I was disgusted by their review and if it really was faulty Towers you wouldn't have been allowed to stay ROY W as Basil didn't accept RIFF RAFF ...
our stay was pefection (despite the weather !!) . Cleary after 40 yrs of ...dare I say a miserable marriage ...this is how they get their kicks ! Thank goodness they were not there on our stay...as the other guests we chatted to were all so lovely and appreciate of this special place. I dont often leave reviews on tripadviser but will make a concerted effort to do so now. Special places need to be treasued and valued I would not hesitate to book The Ashmount again but perhaps in the summer next time.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Just come back from a 2 night break, it was amazing nothing was too much trouble for the owner and staff. My husband is not well and they bent over backwards to Make sure everything was perfect from offering breakfast in our room to late checkout, the rooms are unbelievable we stayed in suite dreams and everything was perfect from the toiletries to the bathrobes an slippers... Can't wait to go back again an try a different room

Room Tip: Think all rooms will be just as good as each other
Reviewed 9 May 2013

my wife and I have just returned from overnight stay at above property. stayed in sanctuary spa room , was perfect room, with hot tub and all facilities expected. all the staff were very friendly and made us feel very welcome. full breakfast was excellent and service top quality, price for room may seem expensive , but is def.worth the value. is well located near main street of Howarth.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I booked The Hideway Spa to celebrate our Ruby wedding anniversary on the 5th May. A month after booking I received an email to say the restaurant would not be open as the chef had taken the night off. Being the Bank Holiday weekend all other similar venues were booked up, so I continued with the booking,and they would arrange for a taxi to take us to a local restaurant, which they did.
When we arrived at Ashmount Country House we were a little suprised to be shown accross the road to an end terrace cottage, however it seemed nice enough with every thing we wished for. At this point I received a telephone call from one of my sons to ask if we were enjoying the champagne.!!, There was none. When I enquired with the staff it was found the entry was in the wrong date in the diary, but they would bring it over,we got the champagne, ( but no greeting card,'as the girl said as we knew who had sent it and it was only a bit of paper anyway there was no point..) !! On checking out I complained to the owner, who said " what was our problem, no one had died, we had got the champagne", and he would have sent it on if we hadn't..His staff had walked out on him & his wife was dying of cancer. Well i'm sorry if that is the case,but he just didn't get it. and should have not have really brought that in to it, it felt like he was guilt tripping us for raising the situation with him. I had paid for a service for a once in lifetime event, which had been spoilt by his lack of attention to detail.If that is his attitude then clearly it rubs off on his staff, he really didnt care that things had gone wrong.

1  Thank Sue W
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Me and my partner stayed the night back in November, and this was our 4th stay at the gorgeous hotel that is pretty much faultless in all areas.
I decided because i was going to propose then the Retreat at no 21 was the best option, after the staff had generoulsly allowed us to look round all the other rooms on a previous visit, so we knew this was the room ideal for a perfect special night.
During the week before, i was arranging loads of baloons,flowers, and gifts for my partner, all of which were delivered to the hotel, i was in constant contact with both Claire and Wayne and nothing was too much trouble for either, they were just focused and helpful to ensure everything went as planned for my special night. I called in to the hotel a couple of days prior and handed them very expensive engagement ring, so it was all ready for the day, and for when we came over for our mea laterl at the hotel, so they could go and complete the lay out of the room and put the ring on the bed, surrounded by rose petals saying 'will you marry me'
The room itself was perfect, the bed was so comfortable, the big whirlpool bath was perfect for relaxing in, and the hot tub was superb especially having the comfort of the conservatory and private garden in its surrounding.
The restaurant food was absolutely gorgeous, the amuse bouche was a nice little touch too, and both our deserts were delightful, so the restaurant is a 100% must for anyone staying.
After our meal, we headed back to our room, which was set out just as i asked, all the lights dimmed, the song i requested playing, the rose petals laid put to perfection, which must of taken them ages, balloons, and ribbons perfectly placed, what a great job all round.
The breakfast is also a must, the staff can not do enough for you.
IF ANY THING THE PICTURES DONT DO THE ROOMS OR THE HOTEL JUSTICE, ALL I WOULD SAY IS DEFINATELY TRY THIS HOTEL, AS YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED, AND IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY.
great hotel,great service, great food, and great surroundings what more could you possibly ask for

Room Tip: if moneys no option - the retreat at no 21 if on a bit of a budget - the honey pot is a nice room...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We spent Friday and Saturday night in the Sanctuary Spa and had a truly lovely time. Other reviewers have rightly pointed out here is not cheap however i found it worth the money and we will be heading back ASAP. The friendly attentive girl who welcomed us and the complimentary sherry and homemade biscuits in our room got things off to a good start. The room itself was really nicely decorated with fluffy robes and plenty of towels in the well sized bathroom. The four poster bed was also great although if I was being picky the bedroom itself could do with some slight touching up in places. We'd ordered a champagne picnic which whilst not cheap came promptly and was good value. Sipping champagne in our own private garden and hot tub was just heavenly. Next morning the breakfast was good in variety and portion and later we took advantage of the very well stocked honesty bar and lounge. I would heartily recommend.

Room Tip: Pick hot tub room, I would personally prefer the Sanctuary, Serenity or Secret Garden, all of which...
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Stayed here again last night in the secret garden spa room last night, the time before we stayed in sanctuary spa. Went on impulse last night as we have been wanting to return since we visited on the 28th March for my boyfirneds birthday we had a lovely time on this occassion and had boooked in at Tams restaurant which is a chinese a taxi ride away which is amazing also by the way. This time however we booked a last minute deal to celebrate my new job and my boyfriends promotion at work. The rooms are all lovely I want to move in! on both occassions weve left feeling well rested and refreshed. As part of the last minute deal dinner was included. The food is amazing I had the lamb which was perfectly cooked aqnd my boyfriend the fillet steak both were amazing, dont let me forget how good the desert was we had a trio of chocolate thingy which was to die for. Also we had breakfast in bed on both occassions which is lovely no need to get dresses and extra time for the jacuzzi. The only thing I would comment on is the temperature in the jacuzzi in the sanctuary spa room seemed to hold better then that last night in the secret garden room but apart from that we had a wonderful stay again. Also i strongly recommend the late check out, its only an extra £20 which on the first time we stayed let us stay in the room until 1pm im guesing thats because it was a Thursday night, today though we were allowed to stay until 12pm guessing thats because its the weekend but still couldnt fault it. Love all the little touches like the rubber ducks and candles around the hot tub outside. I also like the fact that there are no rules etc as to what time you are not allowed in the jacuzzi before and after such as some boutique hotels like Aphrodites Lodge in winderemere. One last thing the staff are all lovely cant do enough for you, I havent learned any of their names yet but the young lady who has been on reception both times we arrived is very friendly and polite and remembered us from last time.

Room Tip: Personally like the decor better in the Sanctuary Spa Room, also the fact that it has a bath too sel...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haworth
The Old White Lion Hotel
Wilsons of Haworth
#1 of 20 in Haworth
The Old Registry Haworth
Rosebud Cottage Guest House

Been to Ashmount Country House? Share your experiences!