Depending on your vehicles satnav you may miss this hotel, after a 3 hour drive eventually found the venue, difficult to get parked, car park full with around 10 vehicles, parking on roadside not advised. Eventually booked in, only to have to walk over the road (in the rain) to the 'off site' accommodation, when we asked about evening meal we were told that due to the chef being dismissed there was NO dinner, and told there was a pub at the top of the hill, not something we would have expected, especially from a so called 4 star establishment and after travelling 3 hours and paying £170 a night. The room was at the top of some seriously narrow and steep stairs, getting suitcases up and down was somewhat a task, the room itself, lost for words, all dark red, the large bath being the feature (with blue light flooring) had a very large mirror behind, the sofa had seen better days, the TV was nearly hanging off the wall and scrapes could be seen where the TV had been moved against the wall, as noted in our welcome letter, the fresh milk was in the fridge, the fridge being a small bar fridge on the floor in the corner which was very noisy throughout the night, basically overall poor décor. We felt like we were in a place of ill repute, maybe other clients would like it but we certainly didn't. Next morning, breakfast, after two pots of tea and the second round of toast we eventually received breakfast (40 minutes) apologies were given (apparently the NEW Chef got the orders mixed up!!) to be honest breakfast was the only good thing we can comment on. On checking out, after attempting to carry out a number of 3 point turns in the hotel car park, gave up and my wife had to guide whilst I reversed our vehicle out onto the main road (not an easy task in a large 4X4) my wife had to stop the traffic coming both ways to allow yet another 3 point turn in the very narrow road. Only blessing, we only booked one night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ashmount manages to sympathetically combine modern day amenities (such as wi-fi, hot tub) with many of the original features that the Bronte Sisters would have much admired. Most of the furniture is antique and much of the interior of the house, including the beautiful stained glass windows, is original. It is this care & attention to detail - both modern and traditional - that leads us to believe Ashmount to be the most comfortable accommodation with the finest restaurant in Haworth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ashmount Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashmount Country House Hotel Haworth
- Ashmount Country House Haworth, Yorkshire