“Would highly recommend”

Ranked #3 of 20 Haworth B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Would highly recommend”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Just returned from our fourth visit this year,we absolutely love it.Its a perfect romantic getaway.The staff and management are very warm and welcoming.We stayed in a room with a hot tub and its fantastic whatever the weather.The rooms are immaculate and very comfortable,nothing is too much trouble and they will go out of their way to make your stay comfortable.
Everything about the place is positive and we can not wait to return again...very soon we hope !

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful,don't think you could go wrong with any of them
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (248)
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Serenity Spa room for our 2nd anniversary. The room was lovely and cosy and had a nice little conservatory attached and an outside area with a sauna and hot tub. The staff we're all friendly and helpful. Breakfast was nice! We will definitely return!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed here on our honeymoon, the staff were very friendly and helpful. We stayed in the tranquillity room which was beautiful, a really good size. The breakfast was lovely but the dinner was delicious and not too expensive. A beautiful location, we intend to return every year on our anniversary.

1 Thank 656Tom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

For those not wanting to read a long review, my advice is to stay here!

We stayed in Sanctuary Spa. The room was plush and very comfortable, the hot tub a treat. Dinner was delicious and a well stocked honesty bar made celebrating our anniversary much fun!

Yes, it is pricy but if you're looking for a romantic treat, this is it!

Room Tip: Sanctuary Spa
1 Thank drdavina
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed there last summer for my 40th birthday. The hotel is old and lovely, the rooms are small but lovely and ohhhh the hot tubs :D It is very expensive and not really worth all that but it's the only place I found private hot tubs and that's what I wanted and I loved. Breakfast was ok but just usual b and b stuff - nothing too special. The staff were nice. The room really needed the conservatory as the bedroom was small - clever photography. I would go back for my own hot tub fun but don't think I could afford to go back for a long time. The afternoon tea on the day we got there was very lovely and really big - a nice start to a break away.

• Stayed August 2013
nth lincs
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Just stop one night in the secret garden room a little pricey at £185 as the room is nothing special but worth it just for the privet hot tub made to feel very welcome and the atmosphere was relaxed. We had a lovely meal on the evening and the lady who was serving that night 15/4/14 was lovely and attentive without pestering. I was a little disappointed with the breakfast after having such a lovely evening we seated in the morning room but wasn't told where to find cereals and juice's we hunted for them ourselves we had the full English it was OK but didn't reflect the quality of the evening meal. We was asked if we wanted toast and was presented with a toast rack with a slice of white and a slice brown cut into triangles for me it looked skimped on looking at a half empty rack. Set on the table on a plate in small pots was butter and marmalade no offer of jam not everyone likes marmalade me included. I would defiantly stay here again for the hot tubs and views everything was lovely just the breakfast and breakfast service let it down a little.

Room Tip: The rooms with hot tubs are the key to this place
Manchester
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We actually stayed in the suite dreams room, same room as previous review, and had a completely different experience. We found the room to be very luxurious and comfortable. The room my not be the worlds biggest room but it provided a us either everything I expected. The view to the rear of the room was of, wait for it... the Yorkshire countryside! And very beautiful and quiet it was too. I was rather stunning to be able to take a long soaking bath whilst looking out at that view. The bed itself, a large 4 poster, was very comfortable, in fact it provided the best nights sleep me and my wife have had in a long time.
The chairs/sofa in the suite were very comfortable and the overall decor of the room was classic and very clean.
The room itself is across the road from the main building. The road is not at all busy and I'm as for it being in the middle of a council estate... well i'm not sure what council estates the previous review have been on, but this was a lovely, traditional Yorkshire road and not one I would describe as resembling anything like a council estate.
When we arrived at the hotel/guest house, (30 mins before check-in) we were greated by a very friendly and genuinely sincere lady. She explained that she'll check if our room was ready but in the mean time she talked us through the building; where things were and breakfast times etc... we were then told about the honesty bar, a very nice touch. We made ourselves comfortable in the one of the sofas in the room, which was filled with eclectic furniture that had character as well as comfort.
After being shown our room, we then took a short stroll (3 mins) into Main Street, Haworth, sincere the location in terms of convenience gets the thumbs up too.
We were booked in for dinner at the hotels/guest house restaurant and we found the service to be excellent. The food itself was delicious, I am by no means a food critic, but I do like to eat out and think I can appreciate decent food when I taste/smell it. Now with exception to Le Gavroche, this meal, especially my main (duck breast with red cabbage) was as good as anything i've eaten.
If I was being ultra critical, I would only wish the car park was out of view if the dining room, but this really did not effect our stay in any way.
Yes, it probably is a guest house, but what a beautiful and relaxing and luxurious guest house. Outstanding and we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Haworth
The Old White Lion Hotel
#2 of 3 in Bingley
Wilsons of Haworth
Wilsons of Haworth
#1 of 20 in Haworth

Been to Ashmount Country House? Share your experiences!