Ashmount Country House
  • Bar/Lounge
Dalesgate Hotel(Keighley)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
The White Lion Hotel(Hebden Bridge)
1,241 results
All reviewshonesty barhot tubafternoon teasanctuary spathe secret gardencomplimentary sherrythe main househoney potfour poster bedgreenwood roomdouble whirlpool bathstrawberriesquicheprivate gardenspa roombreakfast in bedhoneypot room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Every now and then one discovers a hotel which has all the things you really want for a romantic week end - such as a really comfortable four poster, a double ended copper bath (with taps in the middle, not sticking in your back if you are at the wrong end!) in the bed room under the window and a power shower which is both modern and efficient. Not forgetting the little things which make such a difference, such as fresh milk in a fridge, a small decanter of sherry, fresh cookies, real coffee, slippers, robes and wonderful views across the roling Yorkshire countryside. Not forgetting good food, real ale at real prices and a hearty full English breakfast which just had to be ordered when I normally only eat porridge and toast for breakfast. Ashmount has all the above, along with a welcoming and connivial atmosphere and thus provides the perfect setting for a week end away. I am not surprised that lots of customers return again and again - as we surely will be doing. The staff are friendly, helpful and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure that your stay is just as it should be.
Choose the room which suits your mood and life style - or just throw caution to the wind and live life for today! Whichever you do, you won't regret it!!

Room Tip: Don't be put off by the fact that some rooms are across the road - just read carefully what you are getting within your room - and Enjoy!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Booked to stay in this hotel on April 17th, in preparation for proposing to my girlfriend. Due to circumstances beyond my control I had to cancel. This is where they are very clever!!!! I stated that we couldn't come on that date and would like to change dates- this was agreed by the hotel, so I said that I would let them know when my girlfriends rota allowed for us to return. Stupid me didn't read the terms and conditions as I have to fill in their letter to cancel the room. So even though I cancelled I didn't officially cancel- so the hotel scandalously took out the £155 balance. When I emailed to complain the basic answer from Kay was that they are running a business and aren't bothered about individuals themselves. Not really a great small hotel then. If this gets published then they will reply, saying it is my fault for not taking out insurance and not reading the terms properly which I accept to a certain extent, but what everyone must remember is that they are solely a business and are only interested in your money!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank simon f
Ashmount_Haworth, Manager at Ashmount Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

We are sorry that you felt you had to post your comment "we are not bothered about individuals themselves" we are extremely concerned about our customers and treat each customer as an individual. We do have terms and conditions in place foremost for the customer themselves if we were aware you wanted to cancel you're booking within given notice we would of happily obliged. We appreciate all feedback and will build on this. If you feel you want to discuss this further please contact me via telephone and I will happily speak to you.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just returned from our second stay here. First time we had the Greenwood Room which was lovely and had terrific views but a tiny bathroom. This time we stayed in the Dispensery which is smaller but also has a view of the garden but a larger bathroom. The only drawback was an extremely difficult to open wardrobe door and no coat hangers once it was wrestled open!
Many people seem to come here for the hot tubs of which I am not a fan - just a tip for those who use them since you have to talk loudly to each other to be heard over the mechanism your conversation can be overheard through the adjoining walls or outside in the garden if you are in the outdoor one!

We had dinner in the restaurant which was delicious. All freshly prepared local ingredients. This was also the case at breakfast.

Nothing to dislike and will certainly return

Room Tip: Anything without a hot tub for me!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kittys64
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Just returned from our fourth visit this year,we absolutely love it.Its a perfect romantic getaway.The staff and management are very warm and welcoming.We stayed in a room with a hot tub and its fantastic whatever the weather.The rooms are immaculate and very comfortable,nothing is too much trouble and they will go out of their way to make your stay comfortable.
Everything about the place is positive and we can not wait to return again...very soon we hope !

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful,don't think you could go wrong with any of them
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Serenity Spa room for our 2nd anniversary. The room was lovely and cosy and had a nice little conservatory attached and an outside area with a sauna and hot tub. The staff we're all friendly and helpful. Breakfast was nice! We will definitely return!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple