Just spent two nights at this very nice small and friendly hotel in Haworth. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Our room, the dispensary which was the smallest room on the top floor, was very comfortable and period furnished. The bed linen was crisp and white, the bed big and comfortable and the towels thick and fluffy. A nice touch was the complimentary sherry, along with a good selection of tea, coffee and biscuits. The food was of a high standard and beautifully presented, although we did have a slight problem regarding what was included in the dinner price. However, this was rectified satisfactorily upon checkout. Slight criticisms would be : Winter duvet on bed was too heavy for this time of year and the glass panel above the door let in too much light during the night. We had a look in a few of the other rooms on the top floor and they all looked very spacious and well presented. Several had king size four poster beds. The hotel is well situated in the town with open views and only a five minute stroll from the famous cobbled street featured in TV adverts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ashmount manages to sympathetically combine modern day amenities (such as wi-fi, hot tub) with many of the original features that the Bronte Sisters would have much admired. Most of the furniture is antique and much of the interior of the house, including the beautiful stained glass windows, is original. It is this care & attention to detail - both modern and traditional - that leads us to believe Ashmount to be the most comfortable accommodation with the finest restaurant in Haworth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Ashmount Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashmount Country House Hotel Haworth
- Ashmount Country House Haworth, Yorkshire