My partner and I stayed here on 22 and 23 August, and we're already talking about when we can go back.
We stayed in Suite Dreams at Number 21 - one of two rooms based just across the road from the main hotel. Our room was big, with the amazing deep bath you can see in room pictures, a massive and very comfy 4 poster king bed, a big sofa, separate armchair and the most wonderful views out across the rolling hills. The en suite has a lovely big shower, too - there's no excuse for not being clean, here!
The welcome from all staff was lovely - warm, friendly and who really cared whether you had a good stay. We ate in the hotel our first night and it was really lovely food, again with good service. As another review has mentioned it isn't the fastest service so don't do it in a rush - we weren't so it was a lovely, leisurely meal. The breakfast was similarly lovely - we went along a little late but they didn't mind at all, and our full English breakfasts went down really well!
The hotel is really close to the centre of Haworth - it was nice to be a 5 minute or so (uphill on the way there) walk away because of how quiet the hotel was, but you still feel close enough to the action.
Lastly - we had breakfast in bed on our last morning which was a real highlight. Other reviews haven't mentioned that there's a £10 surcharge for this - in my view it's well worth it. Two staff members trotted across the road with a big hamper and a separate tray with our breakfast sandwiches on beneath a little lid (the menu is different for the breakfast in bed, but sausage, egg, bacon sarnies are all on there!), as well as a tray to set it up on. It was lovely and felt like such a treat, so I'd really recommend doing that while you're there.
In short - lovely warm welcome, beautiful hotel and rooms, delicious food and a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ashmount manages to sympathetically combine modern day amenities (such as wi-fi, hot tub) with many of the original features that the Bronte Sisters would have much admired. Most of the furniture is antique and much of the interior of the house, including the beautiful stained glass windows, is original. It is this care & attention to detail - both modern and traditional - that leads us to believe Ashmount to be the most comfortable accommodation with the finest restaurant in Haworth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Stayforlong S.L., HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ashmount Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashmount Country House Hotel Haworth
- Ashmount Country House Haworth, Yorkshire