“Fabulous”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Hollybeth...
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 12 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

A perfect spot... A pub close by and lots of places to get food. It's a lovely scenic walk to Haworth, which is a nice day out. The flat was really clean and had everything we needed, Rebecca was lovely and very helpful. Very good value for money! Would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: September 2016
Reviewed 29 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
person found this review helpful

Date of stay: August 2016
Management Response
12 Sep 2016
There is no hole in the bedroom floor.I have just contacted Mr Gardener
to ask why he put these comments and he hung up on me.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Date of stay: July 2016
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Cheery123
United Kingdom
“Not bad, but...”
Reviewed 14 July 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

The cottage itself, and the location are fine. My personal experience was not great.
In spite of notifying Rebecca quite clearly about my arrival intentions there had been some kind of error on her end and when I arrived the cottage was in disarray, to say the least. I decided to clean up and finish the laundry myself, as it was getting a bit late and I couldn't be bothered with a fuss.
In the morning a rather dishevelled looking man came to the door, explaining something about a calendar mix-up and proferring a bottle of what looked like Crabbies Green Ginger Wine. I declined the offer (apology wine is usually, in my book, something a tad classier to be honest) and told him it was fine. Which it was.
However, I won't be staying here again and wouldn't recommend it to a friend.

Date of stay: March 2016
Stuart W
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Nice but isolated”
Reviewed 17 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

The cottage was clean and tidy inside with welcoming chocolates and wine.Outside though the "private garden" was overgrown,dog mess and a broken bottle.There was an apology card for scaffolding erected next door, hence the wine and chocolate.There's a Sky box but don't expect Sky it's just a receiver for TV channels and the TV is small. I would rather have had a welcome pack of Tea Coffee Milk and Sugar than Wine and Chocolates.We booked the cottage to visit the Bronte attractions as it is in Haworth. In reality it is almost 2 miles away and a 35 minute walk. As for Haworth, you can see everything in one day and should only be considered as a day trip as part of your extended holiday. We spent 2 nights there and with dog in tow was bored after the first day.(Although the weather didn't help) I have to say also we had the best pizza ever down near the railway station.Would I recommend the cottage, no because of it's position, yes if it was nearer to Haworth centre.

Date of stay: June 2016
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Overall layout and provisions were good
Liked least: Private garden overgrown dog poo and broken bottle.
Your age range 50-64
People with pets
66wandere...
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“Clean, confortable, pleasant, well-equipped....”
Reviewed 14 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

The cottage was clean, nicely decorated, the rooms were larger than I expected. I thought I would find something that was just serviceable but I found this very pleasant and I felt well treated.

Date of stay: June 2016
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Greg S
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“First impressions of the cottage were it was a bit of a dump however......”
Reviewed 5 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

Our first impressions of the cottage were it was a bit of a dump however, once inside the cottage we were pleasantly surprised by the décor and cleanliness of the interior. The owner Rebecca had left us a welcome card, flowers, Milk Tray chocolates and a bottle of white wine which is a nice touch. Unfortunately, the 'welcome pack' items simply mask several failings with this accommodation.
Accommodation Failings:
We are regular travellers to self-catering cottages, and are used to a certain standard of what is usually provided, it is very unusual to not have a 'starter pack' of tea, coffee, often milk, salt & pepper and sometimes a small loaf with a spread of some description, however, none of these are supplied in Saltaire cottage. Also, it is usual for the guests to be provided with information regarding the accommodation such as TV operation, internet connection etc, not at Saltaire cottage though. Things did not improve with the equipment provided in the kitchen, for instance there is a coffee maker but no glass bowl, and iron but no ironing board. More examples of the cottage dis-functionality can be found in the lounge, the fake electric wood burner does not even have the 'living flame' effect, the TV has Sky however, Sky without a viewing card has less channels than Freeview, visitors without a Sky viewing card are severely limited to channels. Additionally, I was not able to connect to the internet even after being given the password 'eventually' the message repeatedly displayed the internet unavailable message, compounded by the fact this is a 'dead' area for my mobile phone signal. In the bedroom, I had to bleed the radiator before it would operate additionally, other reviews have suggested that the mattress is too soft on the bed and I would agree with this also, access to the on-suite shower room is severely hampered by the door 'snagging' the carpet pile, the on-suite is where the toilet is located and the ability to operate this door is paramount for obvious reasons. Once in the on-suite, I noticed there was very little space to place toiletries, especially as the one shelf available for this purpose has a 1:3 downhill gradient, the shower looks impressive however, when in use, there must be a drainage blockage, hence the water over flows onto the smooth tiled flooring making the whole area extremely wet, slippery and dangerous.
Aggressive accusations by the owners:
We were booked to stay in Saltaire cottage for two nights with an option to possibly stay a third however, we decided to leave after just one night after we felt we were being intimidated by the owner’s husband. We returned from getting some supplies and temporarily parked directly outside the cottage to unload the shopping, when I noticed the husband throw down a cloth in an action to display some kind of annoyance, I was about to explain this was a temporary parking situation to him, when his tone of voice became aggressive, while foaming at the mouth he began to state that a dog had fouled on a lawn in a different area of the buildings and that the police might be informed. As he had even bothered to mention this to me, I took this as a veiled accusation that it had been my dog, both myself and my partner we shocked by their aggressive accusations, and although later Rebecca tried to explain we had ‘taken it the wrong way’, no apology was forthcoming regarding their outrageous behaviour. Consequently, she could not fool my wife Jane a behavioural psychologist and we took the decision to leave immediately.
Location of Saltaire:
In the Saltaire cottage description, it suggest that it is located only half a mile from the famous village of Haworth, this is not true and any visitors should be prepared to double this distance to 1 mile, this can be checked on Google maps by typing in the Saltaire cottage post code BD22 9DE an Haworth, select walking and check the results for yourself.

Date of stay: May 2016
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Good rediators except in the bedroom.
Liked least: Poor bedroom radiator, even after bleeding it myself.
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
$USD
United Kingdom
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.